Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Maplestory (Official Fan Thread)

Dodo

Featured Posts

Haroon

EMS died, nexons fault for splitting them. GMS is still going strong only because it had a decent population which causes it to grow. 

EMS was dead at first but it really became alive a year or two after, it only died again when the Big Bang patch came around because all of the big guild players quit so there was a huge domino effect :noparty:

Edited by Haroon

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dodo

• Saeed

• Haroon

• GrandchildDavid

EMS was dead at first but it really became alive a year or two after, it only died again when the Big Bang patch came around because all of the big guild players quit so there was a huge domino effect :noparty:

eh it probably bothers you but it hasn't effected me as much. I never played EMS :shrug: But based on facts, maplestory itself hasn't been dying, its just the hype around it. Players quit and new players come. 

Look, this is the amount of people who visit maplestory on nexon.net.

tatAFPS.jpg

Bounce rate = How many people visit the site. All 3 of these are green lining which is good. Up by 3%, 7% and 13%. 

Easier to look at:

UT8dE9B.jpg

Since 2012 its only been increasing. 

Now this is maplestory on google trends:

fE7kNpB.jpg

Now this is the amount of people who search maplestory. Now youre probably thinking omg this is horrible, not at all. Its not the game its just the hype around it. No one really talks about maplestory anymore, its all about COD and stuff but its still doing well. 

Now this is runescape, one of the biggest games on the internet right?:

bqthIES.jpg

Maple is far far far away from dying. EMS just ****ed up because the community was way too small. 

Edited by TROJAN

Haroon

eh it probably bothers you but it hasn't effected me as much. I never played EMS But based on facts, maplestory itself hasn't been dying, its just the hype around it. Players quit and new players come. 

Look, this is the amount of people who visit maplestory on nexon.net.

tatAFPS.jpg

Bounce rate = How many people visit the site. All 3 of these are green lining which is good. Up by 3%, 7% and 13%. 

Easier to look at:

UT8dE9B.jpg

Since 2012 its only been increasing. 

Now this is maplestory on google trends:

fE7kNpB.jpg

Now this is the amount of people who search maplestory. Now youre probably thinking omg this is horrible, not at all. Its not the game its just the hype around it. No one really talks about maplestory anymore, its all about COD and stuff but its still doing well. 

Now this is runescape, one of the biggest games on the internet right?:

bqthIES.jpg

Maple is far far far away from dying. EMS just ****ed up because the community was way too small. 

Oh wow those are a lot of numbers and facts :omg: I meant like EMS is no where near as packed as it used to be, getting a FM spot is way easier because of less competition, and even CH1 Henesys isn't what it used to be :laughga: EMS might become populated again, who knows :shrug: They integrated Brazil MS into EMS because BMS started dying out and it wasn't worth a whole game for them :laughga:

I did notice that GMS stayed pretty stable though, like there was always at least an even flow of new players to the game as others quitted :yes:

Plus I totally cling onto nostalgia of the small community because everyone knew everyone which was great! Like the two main big guilds all knew each other even if they weren't friends and it just felt so nice and cozy

Edited by Haroon

Oh wow those are a lot of numbers and facts :omg: I meant like EMS is no where near as packed as it used to be, getting a FM spot is way easier because of less competition, and even CH1 Henesys isn't what it used to be :laughga: EMS might become populated again, who knows :shrug: They integrated Brazil MS into EMS because BMS started dying out and it wasn't worth a whole game for them :laughga:

I did notice that GMS stayed pretty stable though, like there was always at least an even flow of new players to the game as others quitted :yes:

thing about maplestory is that it has its ups and downs.

January-Febuary = its pretty full

March-May = its pretty dead

June-august = FULL (summer)

September-november = average

December = Full (christmas) 

Haroon

thing about maplestory is that it has its ups and downs.

January-Febuary = its pretty full

March-May = its pretty dead

June-august = FULL (summer)

September-november = average

December = Full (christmas) 

Ahhh totally! :omg: The Summer events and the Winter events are like the best things :party: Your post reminds me that I always log on in the Summer and Winter, and that's when most older players log on too because they're totally free :laughga:

Ahhh totally! :omg: The Summer events and the Winter events are like the best things :party: Your post reminds me that I always log on in the Summer and Winter, and that's when most older players log on too because they're totally free :laughga:

exactly. 

OMG DID YOU PLAY IN KRADIA? I was in Aeon if you know that guild : I still log on every week or two...or three or four :

Guurl Solaris >>>>>> :manicure:

I currently play ExtaliaMS, waiting for LeattyMS to launch. I have an account on KMS, SEA, ThaiMS (closed down), GMS and was mostly active on EMS Kradia - I've got a level 195 Bishop :whitney: but I started playing less and less when I was hacked for the second time in a month last year, lost 1,5 bil pure mesos and stuffs worth 450 PvP emblems in total all gained by my own hard work :cryga:

A video of me :whitney:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ycdproXcHpI

I eventually reached Battle Rank 4 with ~50% before PvP got removed. Since the removal of PVP I don't really play EMS anymore.

Haroon

Guurl Solaris >>>>>>

I currently play ExtaliaMS, waiting for LeattyMS to launch. I have an account on KMS, SEA, ThaiMS (closed down), GMS and was mostly active on EMS Kradia - I've got a level 195 Bishop but I started playing less and less when I was hacked for the second time in a month last year, lost 1,5 bil pure mesos and stuffs worth 450 PvP emblems in total all gained by my own hard work

A video of me

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ycdproXcHpI

I eventually reached Battle Rank 4 with ~50% before PvP got removed. Since the removal of PVP I don't really play EMS anymore.

OMG LOL SOLARIS, I loved Solaris! I used to Zakum and Horntail regularly with them, like I was the only Aeon member at their runs usually :laughga: They tried recruiting me a few times but I couldn't leave Aeon :cryga:

Ahhh that totally sucks :noparty: the data leak that caused sooo many hackings is what kinda made older players not come back because everything they'd worked so hard for for so long all vanished :ohno: I was hacked twice last year within a month or two too but I never had good gear but I had loads of mesos from Empress runs so that went out the window -_-

That thing in the video looks so cool! Like I've never done that. I only used to talk in FM or Henesys or go to boss runs whenever I was online. I had an account on MSEA ages ago but totally lost it, plus major loot lag so I moved

OMG LOL SOLARIS, I loved Solaris! I used to Zakum and Horntail regularly with them, like I was the only Aeon member at their runs usually :laughga: They tried recruiting me a few times but I couldn't leave Aeon :cryga:

Ahhh that totally sucks :noparty: the data leak that caused sooo many hackings is what kinda made older players not come back because everything they'd worked so hard for for so long all vanished :ohno: I was hacked twice last year within a month or two too but I never had good gear but I had loads of mesos from Empress runs so that went out the window -_-

That thing in the video looks so cool! Like I've never done that. I only used to talk in FM or Henesys or go to boss runs whenever I was online. I had an account on MSEA ages ago but totally lost it, plus major loot lag so I moved

Sad thing for me was, I always worked for my things myself. I made all my gears by collecting Emblems from PvP, finding ingredients and getting recipes from the PvP shop or Hot Time-kind of events. I bought my elemental staff and scrolled it with miracle scrolls I got at Premium Mini Dungeons throughout the years. I got a purple gaia cape from gachapon/pigmy and scrolled it with a miraculous chaos scroll I had found from those monsters, and it got +7 matt first update. Hacked too. I made all my money from selling PvP stuff and they even took the stuff I hadn't sold yet. Hell, they even took my level 50 islander off-island for a simple Evolving Ring - losing its entire meaning, resulting in me deleting it.

Haroon

Sad thing for me was, I always worked for my things myself. I made all my gears by collecting Emblems from PvP, finding ingredients and getting recipes from the PvP shop or Hot Time-kind of events. I bought my elemental staff and scrolled it with miracle scrolls I got at Premium Mini Dungeons throughout the years. I got a purple gaia cape from gachapon/pigmy and scrolled it with a miraculous chaos scroll I had found from those monsters, and it got +7 matt first update. Hacked too. I made all my money from selling PvP stuff and they even took the stuff I hadn't sold yet. Hell, they even took my level 50 islander off-island for a simple Evolving Ring - losing its entire meaning, resulting in me deleting it.

Hoooooly cow :omg: I'm sorry for your loss :ohno: It's unfair how it's not even like your fault you got hacked, and I'm not sure what Nexon are doing about fixing the mass hackings, like they made a thread on the forum about posting exactly what you'd lost and they'd see what they could do about it or something :noparty: I never had good gear besides miracle-scrolled earrings which were a present, those got taken with mesos but that's it really, oh and permanent NX which they traded off or something. The only thing I really cared about on my account was my Europa Bandana :laughga: If someone took that then I'd give up on EMS altogether