💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Infected Mushroom talks "Aura"

Dolev

Featured Posts

Andy McQueen

God, this makes me so mad. Unthankful, pathetic ********! Saying they were embarassed and they don't want to be commercialized, yet they do it because of the money. Claiming Gaga was "cheap". Idiots!!!

why doesn't she just write her own music?  i like aura but i thought gaga was above picking a song and singing over it like a kid in a sweet shop.  she's even said as much of herself, i don't understand why she did this.  i'm kind of glad they criticised her, hopefully it'll put her off from pulling a stunt like that again.  it's disappointing to me as a fan of her work.

She wrote the song and the chords. She didn't just sing over, ZEDD and Infected Mushroom produced it and I'm sure Gaga did some work on it too.

Rollercoaster

why doesn't she just write her own music?  i like aura but i thought gaga was above picking a song and singing over it like a kid in a sweet shop.  she's even said as much of herself, i don't understand why she did this.  i'm kind of glad they criticised her, hopefully it'll put her off from pulling a stunt like that again.  it's disappointing to me as a fan of her work.

That's how she came up with marry the night... and probably a bunch of other songs.

Interludicrous

This. Also, Gaga always says that her collabs are completely organic and come forth out of a mutual respect. By doing something like this, not only does it go against her writing all of her own stuff, she is also willing to work with DJs who are "compromising" their own artistic integrity, who don't respect her artistry and who are too ashamed to even put their name on the final product. That's exactly why The Greatest Thing didn't happen either, but when it's the other way around it's fine?

I love Aura but the story behind it makes me cringe.

Edited by Interludicrous

AmenTheNight

So, by singing over their instrumental, their work goes from "indie art" to "commercial ****" ? Sorry, no artistic credibility here. A voice doesn't destroy an epic instrumental, even if the singer is terrible, the instrumental remains epic as it is. Stupidest comment of the year coming from "professionnals".

liberacorpus

OH MINE... how shallow and snoopy can they be? i understand that they may not want to be commercialized but how can they insult gaga and her flawless vocals on the track? omg i can't believe it i really can't hbikks.jpg i too dont like the fact that the instrumental wasnt born by gaga's hands, she never does this kind of work in her art but she may just have wanted to try it and i dont see any particular reason not to appreciate this kind of a production

Edited by liberacorpus

She wrote the song and the chords. She didn't just sing over, ZEDD and Infected Mushroom produced it and I'm sure Gaga did some work on it too.

how could she write the chords when they're identical to version they played live / the demo that's floating around on the net?  do you know what chords are?  she only (i'm assuming) wrote the lyrics and vocal melody on top of the chords and zedd remixed the song a bit.

This actually makes me mad. I totally get having an opinion, like I stated before, and I'm sure it sucks to have something you created not turn out the way you want, but you don't have to be dicks. They could have said no. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. It's very unprofessional. (And I'd say this even if they weren't being rude to Gaga.)

very typical behavior from such people

Shanghaikid43

Don't even take this seriously....although I love Infected Mushroom and some of their music, them pretending to be the arbiters of artistic credibility is just laughable. :dies:  :dies:  

They may not be pop acts, but they certainly aren't the most cerberal musicians in the world, so for them to have that attitutde about the whole thing to me makes them just seem like whiny hipsters who are too quick to compromise their "values" in exchange for a quick buck.

You can't talk about someone else artistically compromising a song that YOU admitted to selling just to make good money.  If they were as committed to their artistry as Gaga was, they would have just said no and she would have had to move on....its just so classless.   :coffee:  :classy:   

Hoping that IM's fan base reads this quote to know that they were the ones to blame for giving up the song, and that they did it just for a quick buck too...

how could she write the chords when they're identical to version they played live / the demo that's floating around on the net?  do you know what chords are?  she only (i'm assuming) wrote the lyrics and vocal melody on top of the chords and zedd remixed the song a bit.

We haven't heard the final version, I'm sure she produced something on it.