💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

But will it chart after the album is out?

Oh yeah it's eligible to chart once the album is released.

Good point.  They'll only know after the album is released whether the sale of a track such as DWYW will become to count for an album sale or not.  What should happen then is that the sales of songs when there is an album on pre-order are deferred and count if no complete-my-album takes place, credited say at the end of the week of the album release.  That's certainly no worse than the current situation where the chart is manipulated by some labels holding back digital releases while they get radio to play it for up to a month in advance to bulk up sales on a first week.

That's interesting, I never thought of it that way.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

40k+ is so bad for Prism, Teenage Dream sold 54,176 on it's first week, at a time when album sales are pretty meek too

40k+ is so bad for Prism, Teenage Dream sold 54,176 on it's first week, at a time when album sales are pretty meek too

Spotify is really big on UK right ? 

Was just on Skype to my mum (I'm at uni) and she said she hopes GaGa performs DWYW on the X Factor.

STAN! :) I hope too 

Yeah. It will be interesting to see if she ends up beating 54k or not but it is probably gonna end up a similar number.

I've come up with a real great release strategy for the UK...they should remove DWUW off I tunes now...then on Sunday put up Venus as a individual single on I tunes(promo single)..then she performs a little bit of DWUW (build hype) anf full Venus..then Venus charts highly in the UK because of X factor that week...then Venus falls down the charts..then she performs DWUW on Grahem Norton and releases it with the album(after few weeks airlpay and possibly video like most singles released in the UK..because if she releases DWUW now it would be messy.because of the promo singles and mixed up release)..who agrees?go tell her management?

Her numbers in the US are lackluster too. #oop

It's just incredible really. She wasn't known for being an album seller during TD yet she still ended up with nice totals, both UK and US. Partly due to the re-release but whatever. You would've thought that out of the MILLION people in the UK that own TD, more than 40,000 would've bought PRISM by now. Especially with Roar having sold loads and being everywhere on radio, not to mention Graham Norton and X Factor promo the weekend of her album release. I won't even get into the US promo...

I've come up with a real great release strategy for the UK...they should remove DWUW off I tunes now...then on Sunday put up Venus as a individual single on I tunes(promo single)..then she performs a little bit of DWUW (build hype) anf full Venus..then Venus charts highly in the UK because of X factor..

Capital have started playing DWUW though so DWUW will be the focus here as well as in US, not Venus

StrawberryBlond

It's confirmed - Little Mix's new album, Salute, will be released in the UK on November 11th, aka, the same day as ARTPOP. Despite the fact that their lead single's audio was uploaded to Vevo nearly a month ago and has just over 1 million views. Despite the fact that their lead single won't be released and promoted until 8 days before their album release. Despite the fact that their debut album only peaked at #3 with less than 80,000 copies despite having 2 #1 singles and a top three single preceding it. Despite the fact that Gaga's releasing an album the same week and her last album debuted with over 227,000 copies and Little Mix took a month and a half to achieve the same figures. Their lead single is awful and they have just 8 days after its release to sell an album. Good luck with that, girls.

Seriously, what is Simon Cowell thinking with X Factor releases this year? First, he allows One Direction to schedule their new album to be released on the same week at Gary Barlow's hugely anticipated solo album composed of original material in 14 years. Then he makes James Arthur release his new single on October 20th, but he isn't scheduled to promote it on X Factor for weeks yet. And now he's making Little Mix release a lead single with an album following it just 8 days later, which just so happens to be the week that Gaga's highly anticipated album is due to be released? This is going to be a bad year for X Factor releases, that's all I can say. It's worth noting that not one single by an X Factor act has gone to #1 this year, in the UK or worldwide.

SomethingMore

Was just on Skype to my mum (I'm at uni) and she said she hopes GaGa performs DWYW on the X Factor.

:Cry: you lucky b---h !

My mom hates Gaga

they should take DWUW from itunes and put it as a standalone single on preorder, then release it the day of the x factor performance

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

Ya but nobody seems to know what happening in the UK..I heard DWUW on the radio today and after they said that the liked her new single..but then they said that she is performing her NEW SINGLE VENUS on x factor on Sunday..nobody seems to know what's going on..and to make it worse she will probably perform Venus and DWUW on the x factor to make everyone more confused..

Americano

People need to relax. Her label will send an official notice that DWUW is the single once it's out to radio in the US.

The only confusion is between singles.

Archived