💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Single Info and Discussion Topic

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

ooooooops

I do NOT want two singles before the album.

Me neither. Unfortunately a lot of artists (or their labels rather) feel like they have to release half their freakin' albums as promotion before it drops. Like what they did with all those songs before BTW. Hope they resist the urge this time around!

Blue Jeans

I do NOT want two singles before the album.

Me neither, i feel like it's coming though....

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

The Stranger

Me neither. Unfortunately a lot of artists (or their labels rather) feel like they have to release half their freakin' albums as promotion before it drops. Like what they did with all those songs before BTW. Hope they resist the urge this time around!

This. If the lead single is THAT good that they picked it out last year and still haven't changed, then it will have longevity and a 2nd single is useless.

ryhanna

No one's saying that Burqa will be a ****ty song or anything though :roll: just that it's likely to cause a ****storm among religious people like Judas :roll:

The Stranger

No one's saying that Burqa will be a ****ty song or anything though :roll: just that it's likely to cause a ****storm among religious people like Judas :roll:

But you have no idea what it's about. Did anyone think a song called "Bloody Mary" was going to be a brooding song about Religious storylines based on the title alone? I don't think so.

ryhanna

But you have no idea what it's about. Did anyone think a song called "Bloody Mary" was going to be a brooding song about Religious storylines based on the title alone? I don't think so.

They didn't know what Judas was about either. Burqa and Judas are both obvious religious references. I don't get what's so hard to understand about why it'd probably cause controversy :toofunny:

croboy

I am very excited about Burqa. But no matter what the lyrics are really about you know that there will be huge drama just because of the name itself. So we will see.

Edited by croboy

That only happened with BTW because Judas started getting criticism for being about Judas and thus starting to drop rapidly in America.. so they rush released TEOG and then the video got all screwed up lol

TerenceMonster

But the very word 'burqa' may generate controversy as she'll be using it in the song.

Unless its 'Your burqa is sweet and pretty'. Nevertheless, she'll be appropriating culture/religion. Though that's extremely common nowadays.

The Stranger

They didn't know what Judas was about either. Burqa and Judas are both obvious religious references. I don't get what's so hard to understand about why it'd probably cause controversy

It could be about something else tho

Even tho it will cause controversy, it's not going to ruin the era.

ryhanna

It could be about something else tho

Yeah, it absolutely could be. Judas was a metaphor.

But the fact is, religious extremists aren't going to see a title like that and be like "wow, I'll wait and see what that song's about before I judge it." They'll be "HOW DARE SHE SPAWN OF SATAN" :toofunny:

ooooooops

That only happened with BTW because Judas started getting criticism for being about Judas and thus starting to drop rapidly in America.. so they rush released TEOG and then the video got all screwed up lol

That's interesting, I actually didn't realize that was the reason. A lot of other artists have done it, though: P!nk put her entire flippin' album on YouTube like two weeks before it dropped, so I was like "okay, so now that I've heard the whole thing... *doesn't buy*"

I'm such a good fan XD

Yeah, it absolutely could be. Judas was a metaphor.

But the fact is, religious extremists aren't going to see a title like that and be like "wow, I'll wait and see what that song's about before I judge it." They'll be "HOW DARE SHE SPAWN OF SATAN"

Will an American audience really care if she offends Muslims? I mean, the same Christians who were offended by Judas are also pretty anti-Muslim, just from my own experiences and observations. In this country, we don't really treat all religions with the same level of respect :shrug:

ryhanna

That's interesting, I actually didn't realize that was the reason. A lot of other artists have done it, though: P!nk put her entire flippin' album on YouTube like two weeks before it dropped, so I was like "okay, so now that I've heard the whole thing... *doesn't buy*"

I'm such a good fan XD

Will an American audience really care if she offends Muslims? I mean, the same Christians who were offended by Judas are also pretty anti-Muslim, just from my own experiences and observations. In this country, we don't really treat all religions with the same level of respect :shrug:

Someone would make an uproar about it, whether they legit care or not. :shrug: Muslims are often discriminated against, so I'm sure there would be people of Muslim culture who will also assume it's a hate track.

(I am excited for Burqa though btw, just being realistic about the public reception it'll probably get)

Axl Jax

I still think there will be one single before the album drops. (Maybe another promotional single but not an actual one). I think they know the lead single will be so huge and will remain popular for months (like bad romance) hence why there is a big gap between the single and the album.

Robotboy

i dont understand why she wouldnt have 2 singles out. its 3 ****ing months.

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

• Shadow locked this topic