💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP tour

TSUNAMI

88 members have voted

1. 1. Could ARTPOP Tour be the biggest tour ever?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

Featured Posts

bumblebee

A careful and wise tour planing and marketing, with the support of an amazing record, can make the next tour b remembered as one of the biggest tours, certainly. Her team should just learn the lessons from this tour. 

I think that the main lesson from the Born This Way Ball Tour is that she needs to try to lessen the amount of dates where it is possible. I do understand that the majority of fans will prefer arena over stadium, but for Gaga it would be safer to do stadium gig over 5 arena shows. Here are the ideas for the next tour: 

Change the Australia and New Zealand tactics: she can do just 6 stadium shows there in two weeks instead of spending over a month there. 

More intense touring of the UK and Japan: seriously, these are the countries where Born This Way went triple platinum as an album, and I believe she can attract huge crowds there.

Review the Latin America touring scheme: after the first time there, some conclusions should be made regarding the marketing and ticket sales strategy. 

Research the possibility about touring India and Middle East.

Finally, I'm not against the idea of splitting Europe tour into two major parts: first play the stadiums in the summer season where possible, then be back to do the arenas in autumn/ winter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hausofandrew

she will have to do a bigger tour to get her money back for her label, employees and her next projects so ARTPOP could easily be the biggest one ever!  :legend:

1) No, the Born This Way Ball production was $50 million max. It's obvious that they doubled net profit.

2) There's no way the ARTPOP tour will gross $800 million.

• 1 month later...
D1SC0STICK

I think it can be...

You know why?

She takes a career brake until September!

Everyone will be so excited & so overwhelmed that she's finally back.

And if ARTPOP will be more commercial like they said: it will sell!

Find your freedom in the music.

Rollercoaster

She should start in Asia again, but really milk it.

Asia 20

North America 40

Europe 20

Asia 30

Oceania 5

North America 30

South Africa 3

South America 5

Europe 25

New York.1 - DVD, final.

KadeLindsay12

She Needs To Start In The USA, And then do a second leg!

I also hope she doesnt wait as long as she did with the BTWBall!

Maybe next tour will be around 200/300 million but never she will outgross the 360 Tour by U2

She should start in Asia again, but really milk it.

Asia 20

North America 40

Europe 20

Asia 30

Oceania 5

North America 30

South Africa 3

South America 5

Europe 25

New York.1 - DVD, final.

50 shows in Asia? Impossible unless she does arena shows, she's better off with 2 stadium shows in China, 3/4 in Japan depending on album succes, 1/2 in South Korea depending on album succes, 1/2 in Taiwan depending on album succes, 1/2 in the Philipines depending on album succes, few arena dates in Vietnam and Malaysia, 2 stadium dates in Singapore, Indonesia, Bangkok and perhaps one in Israel and one in Dubai??

3 in South Africa sounds impossible, that would mean 3 stadium shows in 2 cities. (unless she does one in Durban, Johannesburg and Kaapstad).

I think Europe could easily have 60 dates, Oceania could easily have 8 stadium dates, South America easily 10 stadium dates with proper promotion, North America about 30 arena dates and 5 stadium dates, but she could come back later.

Also, I think that Gaga should start in Asia again, you can't see a lot in stadium shows so it's more about the sound, and her voice definitly was the best in Asia this time, because that was the first leg. She should do Asia as first leg again. NA as second, then Oceania, Europe+South Africa, another NA leg and then end with South America.

D1SC0STICK

Why does everything always counts on New York to film the DVD? Okay, its her hometown and yes, her first DVD waw recorded there.

But a great stadium like Stade de France in Paris would be great to, would't it?

Find your freedom in the music.

hell0samuel

I think she should milk the places she can - Asia, Australia of everything with a stadium tour. Then return to finish tour there with another arena tour, but don't announce this until after the stadium tour has happended - allows news reports and newer audiences.

USA - just do arenas.

In Europe - milk France/England more - maybe do arena residencies and have more expensive tickets - like Beyonce with The Mrs Carter Show, she's doing 6 dates at the O2 Arena in London with really expensive tickets and could EASILY do more.

Do more dates in Germany & Sweden - possibly do the Friends Arena?

Possibly skip South America - or do an arena tour?

I think with proper promo and careful consideration of places she can go back to multiple times they can sort the tour out properly

I would go

Asia / Australia / USA / Europe (start and finish in UK) / USA / South America (?) Asia / Australia

Rollercoaster

50 shows in Asia? Impossible unless she does arena shows, she's better off with 2 stadium shows in China, 3/4 in Japan depending on album succes, 1/2 in South Korea depending on album succes, 1/2 in Taiwan depending on album succes, 1/2 in the Philipines depending on album succes, few arena dates in Vietnam and Malaysia, 2 stadium dates in Singapore, Indonesia, Bangkok and perhaps one in Israel and one in Dubai??

3 in South Africa sounds impossible, that would mean 3 stadium shows in 2 cities. (unless she does one in Durban, Johannesburg and Kaapstad).

I think Europe could easily have 60 dates, Oceania could easily have 8 stadium dates, South America easily 10 stadium dates with proper promotion, North America about 30 arena dates and 5 stadium dates, but she could come back later.

Also, I think that Gaga should start in Asia again, you can't see a lot in stadium shows so it's more about the sound, and her voice definitly was the best in Asia this time, because that was the first leg. She should do Asia as first leg again. NA as second, then Oceania, Europe+South Africa, another NA leg and then end with South America.

I meant to put 20 for the 2nd asia leg, but it came out as 30 haha.

I think she should milk the places she can - Asia, Australia of everything with a stadium tour. Then return to finish tour there with another arena tour, but don't announce this until after the stadium tour has happended - allows news reports and newer audiences.

USA - just do arenas.

In Europe - milk France/England more - maybe do arena residencies and have more expensive tickets - like Beyonce with The Mrs Carter Show, she's doing 6 dates at the O2 Arena in London with really expensive tickets and could EASILY do more.

Do more dates in Germany & Sweden - possibly do the Friends Arena?

Possibly skip South America - or do an arena tour?

I think with proper promo and careful consideration of places she can go back to multiple times they can sort the tour out properly

I would go

Asia / Australia / USA / Europe (start and finish in UK) / USA / South America (?) Asia / Australia

I don't think she can milk France and Germany, they haven't ever been Gaga's big area's and Gaga already was struggling to sell arenas in France (outside of Paris) with the BTWB, Europe isn't exactly like Italy for Madonna (13 mil+ gross and 130k+ attendees) or Asia for Gaga.

I also don't know whether she could tour through asia twice, maybe Australia, but I have my doubts about Asia. I think a second NA leg would be much better.

Sweden isn't a big country, if ARTPOP is a huge succes in Europe, she could do 3~4 stadium dates in Scandinavia. But really, Sweden's population is lower than Belgium's or Singapore's. 

Do NOT skip South America, they are almost as profitable as Europe or North America. She can easily do stadium dates there with proper promotion and a succesful era.

hell0samuel

I don't think she can milk France and Germany, they haven't ever been Gaga's big area's and Gaga already was struggling to sell arenas in France (outside of Paris) with the BTWB, Europe isn't exactly like Italy for Madonna (13 mil+ gross and 130k+ attendees) or Asia for Gaga.

I also don't know whether she could tour through asia twice, maybe Australia, but I have my doubts about Asia. I think a second NA leg would be much better.

Sweden isn't a big country, if ARTPOP is a huge succes in Europe, she could do 3~4 stadium dates in Scandinavia. But really, Sweden's population is lower than Belgium's or Singapore's. 

Do NOT skip South America, they are almost as profitable as Europe or North America. She can easily do stadium dates there with proper promotion and a succesful era.

i guess South America might be more successfull now that she's been there

i guess South America might be more successfull now that she's been there

South America wasn't a flop really, she just didn't sell out. You can't expect somebody new to sell the same as much as Madonna. Live Nation had scheduled the Latin America leg poorly (way too close to the MDNA tour in Latin America) and the promotion was done poorly. They also made the ticket prices way too high at first, and then made the ticket prices lower and lower again. But I wouldn't call about 30.000 people on average something bad. It's just that she didn't play it safe but went with stadium dates. I think she could sell out at least one stadium in Rio, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Mexico City and Columbia. 

Archived