Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arturo

BB Hot 100 calculations for the week based on 6 days of itunes bars, current airplay and a streaming estimate

#position, sales (000's) + Mediabase airplay (A.I. millions) + streaming (Ks x 6%) = points, artist, song, (change on Hot 100)

#1 184 + 149 + 48 = 263 Maroon 5 One More Night (=)

#2 286 + 54 + 48 = 258 PSY Gangnam Style (=)

Maroon 5 beating PSY :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

CrownClown

Maroon 5 beating PSY :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm happy they're beating that song :eww:

Arturo

I'm happy they're beating that song :eww:

Same! If One More Night really does go #1 next week, it'll be its 4th week at #1. 4 weeks of blocking Gangnam Style :clap:

Babel

Same. The label should let Gaga or her fans choose the singles more often, because their choices aren't always the best.

But.. Gaga chose Judas and the label TEOG.

I think it's the opposite. The label needs more control on singles choices, but yeah, it would be really cool if we the fans could choose the last single.

But.. Gaga chose Judas and the label TEOG.

I think it's the opposite. The label needs more control on singles choices, but yeah, it would be really cool if we the fans could choose the last single.

Gaga said in a LM chat that her singles choices were BTW, MTN, Scheisse, and TEOG, but she went along with the label's decision.

Babel

Gaga said in a LM chat that her singles choices were BTW, MTN, Scheisse, and TEOG, but she went along with the label's decision.

If that's true damn, Interscope is so stupid choosing Judas instead of TEOG. :fail:

But didn't she and Redone said when BTW was released they choose Judas etc ? I don't remember very well.

Now, let's not act like y'all were opposed to Judas as a single choice UNTIL it underperformed. Everyone was excited as hell for it and it was clearly one of the best songs on the album that DESERVED a single release. The timing was HORRIBLE and they should of waited to release it on a Monday so it can get a full week's worth of sales, but no use in dwelling on the past.

However, I object to letting fans choose singles. I mean Britney fans chose Criminal as the last single from FF vs. Drop Dead Beautiful or Inside Out, which would of performed better. And let's not even go into the fact that WE don't know radio as well as labels do. I mean, remember everyone saying that MTN was radio-friendly. :deadbanana: Myself included. Boy, were we wrong. :rip: If anything, GAGA should choose the singles, but I trust the label. I mean, they chose YAI and look how well it performed! Had great longevity on iTunes and is one of Gaga's more appealing songs because it was her first ballad-esque song on radio.

CrownClown

Now, let's not act like y'all were opposed to Judas as a single choice UNTIL it underperformed. Everyone was excited as hell for it and it was clearly one of the best songs on the album that DESERVED a single release. The timing was HORRIBLE and they should of waited to release it on a Monday so it can get a full week's worth of sales, but no use in dwelling on the past.

However, I object to letting fans choose singles. I mean Britney fans chose Criminal as the last single from FF vs. Drop Dead Beautiful or Inside Out, which would of performed better. And let's not even go into the fact that WE don't know radio as well as labels do. I mean, remember everyone saying that MTN was radio-friendly. :deadbanana: Myself included. Boy, were we wrong. :rip: If anything, GAGA should choose the singles, but I trust the label. I mean, they chose YAI and look how well it performed! Had great longevity on iTunes and is one of Gaga's more appealing songs because it was her first ballad-esque song on radio.

That's so true... if Judas wasn't released as a single, I think that now EVERYONE would complain about it not being a single!

It's a great song, and as you said...just the timing was wrong

Same! If One More Night really does go #1 next week, it'll be its 4th week at #1. 4 weeks of blocking Gangnam Style :clap:

Happy for them...A good song :)

I don't like Gangnam Style even when I'm drunk :eww:

Scheisse would have been a much better single than Judas. Hell, even Government Hooker too. :nails:

No one was there for Yuyi outside of the US. And it did nothing for her image because people still hated her, and her Jo performance solidified that shes a desperate attention ***** to the public.

BYE

saltface

Tbh if Judas had been released as originally intended it would probably have debuted at #1/2 on the Hot 100 which would have forced radio to back it and the era would have been a lot less messy

CrownClown

Scheisse would have been a much better single than Judas. Hell, even Government Hooker too. :nails:

No one was there for Yuyi outside of the US. And it did nothing for her image because people still hated her, and her Jo performance solidified that shes a desperate attention ***** to the public.

I would have prefered Scheisse or GH to Y&I... here in Italy Y&I was not a hit

Americano

Tbh if Judas had been released as originally intended it would probably have debuted at #1/2 on the Hot 100 which would have forced radio to back it and the era would have been a lot less messy

yup

jhonyguy04

This.

hausofmike

Britney had a poll on Facebook anyone could vote for. I voted for it because I knew it would flop

Archived