• The Family Jewels
    • Electra Heart
    • FROOT

Featured Posts

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I hadn't noticed EH video had happened :flop:

I disagree with the above theory. I think the videos do go in order. She killed her husband in P&C, went hypers-xual in HTBAH and then completly snapped at EVOL and from there and up she was just completly crazy.

plus she wiped her heart off at electra heart and had chopped hair in radioactive. you'd have to mess around for this theory to make sense.

Monster2015

Marina updated her twitter picture! And if you look closely, her heart is gone :emo:. But I think this new era is going to be aimed at EDM, Punk rock based on the look she's sporting going back to the Family Jewels with a little Electra Heart!

DirtyLittleMonster

Marina updated her twitter picture! And if you look closely, her heart is gone :emo:. But I think this new era is going to be aimed at EDM, Punk rock based on the look she's sporting going back to the Family Jewels with a little Electra Heart!

I'm here for a Bubblegum Bitch sound

Betty Who

I'm here for a Bubblegum Bitch sound

THIS  Bubblegum Bitch is one of her best!

TrueDiamond

Hey, you guys.

Is anyone else here who is a diamond a little suspicious about Gaga's Applause single and ARTPOP era?

Don't get me wrong, if Gaga said she were inspired by Marina and the Diamonds even once and that could have hinted even once towards this new era, I would be perfectly alright with what she is doing...

But have any of us seen that happen?

I even find it unfair since Marina has been practically harassed with questions of, "HEY, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF LADY GAGA," and with Gaga, it's just all about her...

Now, I'm not saying this to imply that Gaga is living a fake career or is a complete ripoff, but what upsets me is this whole era just seems like a huge attempt to steal Marina's attention. And possibly others' attention.

And I'm new here, so I can't post a new topic for thoughts, but this has somewhat been on my mind since Gaga has teased ARTPOP, and now it's been really bothering me since the release of the Applause single.

ALSO, I have tried bringing the attention up on Twitter, but I am apparently not doing a good enough job doing so... :/. Marina deserves the credit to her hard work.

Not meaning to be rude, but could you elaborate on what Gaga is doing exactly?

Personally I cannot see any real thematic connections between the two, and any that do exist are most likely incidental. But I am interested to hear why you brought this up.

pink sushi

Hey, you guys.

Is anyone else here who is a diamond a little suspicious about Gaga's Applause single and ARTPOP era?

Don't get me wrong, if Gaga said she were inspired by Marina and the Diamonds even once and that could have hinted even once towards this new era, I would be perfectly alright with what she is doing...

But have any of us seen that happen?

I even find it unfair since Marina has been practically harassed with questions of, "HEY, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF LADY GAGA," and with Gaga, it's just all about her...

Now, I'm not saying this to imply that Gaga is living a fake career or is a complete ripoff, but what upsets me is this whole era just seems like a huge attempt to steal Marina's attention. And possibly others' attention.

And I'm new here, so I can't post a new topic for thoughts, but this has somewhat been on my mind since Gaga has teased ARTPOP, and now it's been really bothering me since the release of the Applause single.

ALSO, I have tried bringing the attention up on Twitter, but I am apparently not doing a good enough job doing so... :/. Marina deserves the credit to her hard work.

Um....:duck:

How is Gaga stealing attention away from Marina? :duck: Marina just wrapped up the Electra Heart era and is on break right now.... We probably won't get any new stuff from her for AT LEAST a year... :(

Gaga is one of THE biggest superstars on the planet....so of course she's gonna recieve a lot of attention when she releases new music. While sadly Marina is still relatively unknown... People always ask Marina what she thinks of Gaga because they are around the same age and both sing pop music, and Gaga's success is the goal of pretty much every lesser known artist in the business. If Marina was a 40 year old heavy metal artist, I doubt she would be asked her opinion on Gaga very often...

And are you saying that you think Gaga copied Marina or was influenced by her in some way? Because I don't see it..... Unless of course you are talking about that Marina Abrovomic chick. Sadly i don't Gaga even knows who Marina and the Diamonds is.... :(

Redstreak

Um.... :duck:

How is Gaga stealing attention away from Marina? :duck: Marina just wrapped up the Electra Heart era and is on break right now.... We probably won't get any new stuff from her for AT LEAST a year... :(

Gaga is one of THE biggest superstars on the planet....so of course she's gonna recieve a lot of attention when she releases new music. While sadly Marina is still relatively unknown... People always ask Marina what she thinks of Gaga because they are around the same age and both sing pop music, and Gaga's success is the goal of pretty much every lesser known artist in the business. If Marina was a 40 year old heavy metal artist, I doubt she would be asked her opinion on Gaga very often...

And are you saying that you think Gaga copied Marina or was influenced by her in some way? Because I don't see it..... Unless of course you are talking about that Marina Abrovomic chick. Sadly i don't Gaga even knows who Marina and the Diamonds is.... :(

They need to know each other. If they ever collabed...

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

pink sushi

They need to know each other. If they ever collabed...

I don't think the world can handle that though. :ohno: That much flawlessness would wake the dead and bring on the zombie apocalypse. :ohno:

So I'm taking a Greek mythology course in college and we're discussing how psychoa--lysts are dissecting myths and one way is through archetypes and another concept is the Electra Complex

I was like...I have to relisten to the album and relate it back

I saw someone say that "Applause" is a cheap rip-off of Marina and the Diamonds. No explanation, of course. Pressed Diamonds, perhaps?

If anything, it's good ARTPOP was pushed so far back because now Electra Heart is done. Marina could finish her era without any interference from the major pop girls. Now ARTPOP is happening.

So I'm taking a Greek mythology course in college and we're discussing how psychoa--lysts are dissecting myths and one way is through archetypes and another concept is the Electra Complex

I was like...I have to relisten to the album and relate it back

Electra complex is basically the female version of the Oedipus complex; girl wants to have s-x with father and views mother as threat. Coming from the Electra myth.

I've been thinking about how Electra Heart relates to the complex, but there's very little talk on the album about her relationship with her parents beside that line in Starring Role ("You're like my dad, you get on well; I send my best regards from hell"). If you look at Electra Heart as separate from what she's written before, there's little material to draw from. If you look at Electra Heart along with stuff like The Family Jewels, you can draw from that and Marina's own relationship with her father.

TrueDiamond

Not meaning to be rude, but could you elaborate on what Gaga is doing exactly?

Personally I cannot see any real thematic connections between the two, and any that do exist are most likely incidental. But I am interested to hear why you brought this up.

Thank you for asking. This is why I am wondering about this:

First, there is Marina's Sound:

"Scab and Plaster" by Marina & the Diamonds

http://youtu.be/Q7An3WX8KGg

Okay, yes, this is just one direction, and that is just one song, but Applause does have striking similarities, and a few fans of both Marina and Gaga have stated this.

Let's see what Marina has said before to promote her work:

Track by Track Interview of the Family Jewels by Marina and the Diamonds (1 of 3):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmpzhW383Cc

10:27, onwards.

Marina's Interview with PopJustice on Electra Heart:

http://www.popjustice.com/interviewsandfeatures/an-interview-with-marina-the-diamonds/64823/

Does this at least sound pretty familiar?

Gaga stating she is curious of what goes on during the cameras rolling, the difference of what is a real moment is verses a staged moment, natural vs. made-up, character vs. real…

And trust me, I have been looking into what Gaga has been saying as well, and as it does relate to what she is portraying, so of course this message with her work fits in.

And I do understand that all types of ideas had to come from somewhere, thus it is hard to tell who absolutely came up with what first.

ShowStudio Interview with Lady Gaga:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7da85nbUfA

1:34, onwards. (The sharing option on YouTube is not loading…)

But why is she doing this during / right after Electra Heart promo?

This is what is making me suspicious.

I'm sorry if it does seem like I am attacking Gaga, because to be honest, I appreciate her creativity, her open mind, and she has made a fantastic name for herself.

And she has her way to her own creativity, and she will share that with others.

THAT is one of the many things I appreciate about Gaga.

However, after a few listens to the Applause single and looking at how Gaga has teased ARTPOP thus far, it just seems a bit suspicious to me she is trying to take over Marina's name.

And if any of you are able to state her appreciation for Marina Diamandis, then I will be quiet.

This is Marina stating she may have been subconsciously influenced by Gaga:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/21/marina-and-the-diamonds-electra-heart_n_1819306.html

And if my posts get taken down for "reaching"/"slamming Gaga," then fine.

If what I am saying gets a tremendous amount of hate or ignorance for now, fine.

Yet, if Gaga is asking for a fans' opinion, a fan is giving an opinion.

Also, if Gaga publicly states that she appreciates Marina & the Diamonds or that this is in fact coincidence (as Marina has done so with Gaga), then I will be quiet and keep appreciating Gaga.

And however I can, I will apologize to Gaga personally.

Archived