💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

So what are the worldwide sales?

jhonyguy04

Featured Posts

jhonyguy04

I am so lost at what are the actual worldwide sales of BTW. Different articles say different things. I have heard anywhere from 6 million to 8 million. Gaga herself said 8 million in her interview. WTF. I know that it is more than 5 million cause sales have increased since the tour. What are the numbers? Receipts?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JoseLittleMonster

8-9 million copies Shipped, 5-6 million copies sold (WW)

changed the word "shifted" for "shipped"

:hor:

I believe what her label says. 8 millions is accurate. None of the charts on the Internet do not count ALL countries.

dontbesweet

8-9 million copies shifted, 5-6 million copies sold (WW)

the word "shifted" is not the right word but I can't remember it tbh

Shipped?

Gaga is Life

There have been around 8 million shipped, apparently, and around 6-7 million sold WW I think.

I am so lost at what are the actual worldwide sales of BTW. Different articles say different things. I have heard anywhere from 6 million to 8 million. Gaga herself said 8 million in her interview. WTF. I know that it is more than 5 million cause sales have increased since the tour. What are the numbers? Receipts?

Interscope officially reported they had shipped 8 Million units of BTW worldwide on September 2011. You keep reading old reported/estimated numbers that are rehashed and retold all over the internet. The 5 million mark was reached in the first three months of its release.

8-9 million copies Shipped, 5-6 million copies sold (WW)

changed the word "shifted" for "shipped"

Again, 8 million shipped since September 2011. And no there are not 3 million copies laying around in stores. That does not happen, even in the most extreme circumstances of over-shipping high profiled products.

Like DVDs, Blu-rays, and video games. Physical albums tend to hold at 100k- 1million units on stores worldwide depending on the demand, these are estimate numbers for products sold worldwide only.

Also, we live in the digital age now where people buy their music digitally. Record labels can no longer ship 1million units to stand on shelves, department stores just don't allow it.

My guess is Interscope is waiting for it to hit 10million ship before giving out another official statement since albums that hit 10million shipped always get that announcement.

My estimate at this point in time would put it at 8.5million sold and 9million shipped WW.

JoseLittleMonster

Interscope officially reported they had shipped 8 Million units of BTW worldwide on September 2011. You keep reading old reported/estimated numbers that are rehashed and retold all over the internet. The 5 million mark was reached in the first three months of its release.

Again, 8 million shipped since September 2011. And no there are not 3 million copies laying around in stores. That does not happen, even in the most extreme circumstances of over-shipping high profiled products.

Like DVDs, Blu-rays, and video games. Physical albums tend to hold at 100k- 1million units on stores worldwide depending on the demand, these are estimate numbers for products sold worldwide only.

Also, we live in the digital age now where people buy their music digitally. Record labels can no longer ship 1million units to stand on shelves, department stores just don't allow it.

My guess is Interscope is waiting for it to hit 10million ship before giving out another official statement since albums that hit 10million shipped always get that announcement.

My estimate at this point in time would put it at 8.5million sold and 9million shipped WW.

Tbh I agree because that actually makes sense, I just said 5-6 million copies because that was the last official update we got months ago

jhonyguy04

Yeah ppl keep saying 5 million for months now. That is bs. Wiki says 6 million. Ill believe Gaga

Ozzy just posted the numbers today. It's supposedly 6.3 million sales (not the shipped total).

JustABadKid

We always ask for "receipts", but we use so many different websites to come up with a total for this with so many different amounts, that I start to question their accuracy. For me, using the official source, Lady Gaga herself, would be the most accurate. So, 8 million+ sold is what goes.

I think this would be nearly perfect. ^

Some people just refuse to believe that Born This Way could have possibly sold that much.

Archived