Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga talks BTW sales/tour, defends electronic music

Americano

Featured Posts

Americano

BORN THIS WAY ALBUM, ELECTRONIC MUSIC:

“Born This Way,†the single, was the fastest-selling single in iTunes history, but Born This Way, the album, despite getting enthusiastically mixed reviews, was considered something of a disappointment. When I ask Gaga if she was pleased with its reception, she says, with a somewhat forced blasé air, “Sure. I really couldn’t ask for anything more. The tour is sold out. We sold eight million records.†And then she says, “Everything is great,†which makes me think that there must have been some days when everything was not great.

Some of the letdown probably had to do with the fact that Born This Way happened to come out the same season as Adele’s juggernaut, 21, which shot to number one, won every award on planet Earth, and refuses to cede its spot at the top of the charts.The freak-of-nature success of that album has led to all manner of comparison: Adele, not Gaga, is the voice of their generation; acoustic music, soul music, real musicâ€â€not Gaga’s wall of electronic soundâ€â€is what people yearn to hear. Despite the fact that electronic music has, at long last, ascended into the mainstream, it’s still not always taken seriously. When I bring this up, Gaga says, “Well, I think we both know that acoustic music isn’t better than electronic music. Electronic music requires a tremendous amount of technical expertiseâ€â€really knowing the mathematics and beauty of music. At the risk of sounding like a snob, if you don’t really understand how to make electronic music, it might be much easier for you to write it off as low-brow.â€

BORN THIS WAY BALL:

“Yes, it was intentional for this show to be more sophisticated and more elegantâ€â€a little cleaner. Sometimes I think that there’s a fine line between impressionistic and messy. So we tried to make this more French Impressionistic and less like a child’s finger painting. I really wanted to break the mold of what modern touring is right now. The most important thing to me was that there be no video screens. What if we just really simplified all of that so that you just have to watch me and the dancers the whole time?â€

xlarge.jpg

Source: VOGUE Magazine

Full story will be available soon.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that is really true and not many people understand it. I'm glad she's standing up for herself and her producers.

JudasInTheDark

She should defend it! I'm sick of people not respecting dance-type music. It can have just as much value and lyrical meaning as an acoustic record. And with Gaga it does. :nails:

is she... shading?? She's never done that, ever

Gaga? Really? :nacho:

She ain't that innocent.

I see people taking everything in the wrong way. but she's right. I'm glad she said acoustic music is not better than electronic music.

tylerjudas

If they want to talk about Adele and how many records 21 sold, they should have fukcing put her on the cover.

If they want to talk about Adele and how many records 21 sold, they should have fukcing put her on the cover.

Nah, Adele's cover was the worst selling one this year.

Archived