• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion Heart

• Rito

• Alijandro

• Roma

The Reeds! Finally!

Only 10% into Storm of Swords right now, so I don't know all of these characters yet, but from the ones I know I think it's brilliant cast choices.

Lion Heart

^ Tbh I had to google Missandei because I forgot who she was. I'm not sure how I feel about The Queen of Thorns :wtf: The girl who plays Shireen is adorable though.

β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€

Lion Heart

SEASON 3 to PREMIERE ON MARCH 31, 2013!

(Sorry for the double post- stupid computer wouldn't let me edit but omg! :excited2:)

Alijandro

saw the videos on youtube and rushed straight here (its seriously too early to be hyping s3, i am dying here)

like the look of most of them. Queen of Thornes should be interesting, and i love how true they have stayed to the characters of Jojen and Meera by first appearances

Storm of Swords is so amazing!

21% into it right now and there has not been one dull chapter so far. Pretty sure it's already my favorite book and nothing majorly eventful (like deaths) has happened yet.

Have my first

Samwell

PoV next. Excited to see what his PoV is like, but it's late and I need to go to bed, so I shall read it tomorrow.

Lion Heart

^ Awesome :party:

ADWD rant

Okay....I'm about 60% done and almost NOTHING has happened. Daenery's chapters are unnecessary long and she does nothing but sit at court and listen to her people and dream about ****ing Daario. I can't believe I'm saying this but Tyrion's chapters are completely underwhelming- it's like I'm not even reading a Tyrion chapter. Jon Snow's chapters could be worse, but for now they are tolerable- I think his are one of the better ones, but that's not saying much. I must say Theon Greyjoy has the best chapters so far- thank you for being in this book. I used to really like Bran's chapters but now it's like "wtf :wtf:"

Martin draaaaaags these chapters and finishes them off without nothing actually happening....but hey who knows- I was the same with AFFC and towards the end I actually sort of liked it.

Alijandro

ADWD rant

Okay....I'm about 60% done and almost NOTHING has happened. Daenery's chapters are unnecessary long and she does nothing but sit at court and listen to her people and dream about ****ing Daario. I can't believe I'm saying this but Tyrion's chapters are completely underwhelming- it's like I'm not even reading a Tyrion chapter. Jon Snow's chapters could be worse, but for now they are tolerable- I think his are one of the better ones, but that's not saying much. I must say Theon Greyjoy has the best chapters so far- thank you for being in this book. I used to really like Bran's chapters but now it's like "wtf :wtf:"

Martin draaaaaags these chapters and finishes them off without nothing actually happening....but hey who knows- I was the same with AFFC and towards the end I actually sort of liked it.

I can see it going that way :( haven't found myself reading in a little while

Thoughts on my first Sam PoV

Overall it was a good chapter, but his talking about how much of a craven he is a countless number of times.. every page.. got pretty tiring. I swear every few paragraphs started with him sobbing too.

Hopefully he stops with the craven talk so much in future chapters. The dragonglass being able to kill The Other was awesome though.. can't wait to see how that looks on HBO.

This book is crazy.. so much stuff happening.

It's going to be pretty hard to kill my expectations for FfC after reading this amazing book, but I know I have to lower them so I'm not even more disappointed it than need be.

Alijandro

It's going to be pretty hard to kill my expectations for FfC after reading this amazing book, but I know I have to lower them so I'm not even more disappointed it than need be.

I would defiantly reccomend taking a break after SoS , following off the high of the last book like most people do with AGoT and ACoK will only lead you to disappointment.

Its still a good book, but the best way to approach it is with a very open mind, and not expect the 'continuation' of ASoS, rather just follow the story where it leads you. What I will say about it, is that while several of the stories so have alot to be desired (and the chapters too long and missing crucial characters ect) i was satisfied with most of the conclusions from it, so defiantly stick it out :) (but defiantly enjoy ASoS for now, its the strongest of the series)

Emmy nominations come out tomorrow! Really excited to see who's going to be up for an Emmy.

These are what HBO submitted for consideration:

Game of Thrones submitted for Best Drama Series.

Best supporting actor submissions are Peter Dinklage, Alfie Allen, Kit Harington, Richard Madden.

Best supporting actress submissions are Emilia Clarke, Lena Headey, Michelle Fairley, Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner.

Kind of surprised they didn't put Jack Gleeson up there. He does an amazing job at playing Joffrey..

I would defiantly reccomend taking a break after SoS , following off the high of the last book like most people do with AGoT and ACoK will only lead you to disappointment.

Its still a good book, but the best way to approach it is with a very open mind, and not expect the 'continuation' of ASoS, rather just follow the story where it leads you. What I will say about it, is that while several of the stories so have alot to be desired (and the chapters too long and missing crucial characters ect) i was satisfied with most of the conclusions from it, so defiantly stick it out :) (but defiantly enjoy ASoS for now, its the strongest of the series)

That's a great idea!

I'll definitely take a break from the series after I'm done with Storm of Swords to cool down.

Probably will read some of the books that True Blood is based off or possibly "Will Grayson, Will Grayson".

Game of Thrones really needs at least 12 episodes. :

I didn't realize how small the books True Blood are based off is, but their books are only 200-350 pages and they get 12 episodes, but the Game of Thrones books are much bigger and get even less episodes.

Yeah, I know the 3rd book is getting 2 seasons, but still..

Lion Heart

Emmy nominations come out tomorrow! Really excited to see who's going to be up for an Emmy.

These are what HBO submitted for consideration:

Game of Thrones submitted for Best Drama Series.

Best supporting actor submissions are Peter Dinklage, Alfie Allen, Kit Harington, Richard Madden.

Best supporting actress submissions are Emilia Clarke, Lena Headey, Michelle Fairley, Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner.

I wouldn't be surprised if GoT didn't receive any nominations this year tbh. Both Alfie Allen and Petyr Dinklage did an excellent job portraying their characters and I have a feeling that the voters will be split amongst these two men, leading to no nomination for this category(?) I do not know what the hell are are Richard Madden and Harington doing up there, but whatever. I also have another feeling that no one will be nominated from the female actress category because the idiots responsible for these submissions submitted Emilia Clarke when 90% of her scenes were absolutely cringe-worthy to watch and at times comical; some fans are saying that because they submitted Emilia, the Emmy voters wouldn't care to look at the other submissions, which is sad because Lena, Michelle, and especially Maisie were exceptional this season. And finally, I don't think GoT will receive a nomination for Best Drama Series seeing how heavily CGI influenced this season was, and knowing how the voters aren't exactly huge fans of CGI- BUT hey who knows.... I'm just not getting my expectations high for this season tbh.

Lion Heart

Awesome! To be honest, I'm surprised GoT is nominated for Best Drama series considering all the CGI and stuff, but still I don't think they'll win it. I knew no one will be nominated for supporting actress thanks to Emilia Clarke's submission :fail: And Dinklage securing that nomination 2 years in a row- awesome! We'll see how it goes come September.

Alijandro

Yay! Dinklage is kind of obvious, but he is a standout actor. And yeah, the drama nomination is kind of a token like last year, still good to be up there though.

Personally (I know they weren't as much in the spotlight this year) but I would love to see Lena Heady or Michelle Fairley get a nomination one year, they are stand out actresses for me.

• Lion Heart locked this topic