Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Game of Thrones

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

BricksNStrings

For those who have read the books, what are your theories on Jon Snow's....uh....parentage?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion Heart

• Rito

• Alijandro

• Roma

New trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il7FT4p2jqE&feature=plcp&context=C4a01f61VDvjVQa1PpcFN1yPU0l9bH_3zA5f1_Y6LYdV4KXleJWYQ

For those who have read the books, what are your theories on Jon Snow's....uh....parentage?

Spoiler tags, pleaseeee. :sweat:

I would contribute more, but at this pace I should be on Clash of Kings by Tuesday.

Hopefully they stick closeish to the books enough that I read enough by Sunday to be up to the end of episode 2x1. x.x;

Edited by Rito

Alijandro

My wild theory was that it was lysa Arryn (Tully) after all the talk of her miscarriages in COK, I thought that Jon was possibly hers, however I've read much better theories online, relating to a certain dead sister and a dragon knight that you can look up if you're interested

A fair way into a SOS now (so much for waiting until after season 2 aired)

Loving the story! Dany's is amazing, just finished the chapter where she bought the you know what's with the you know what and then the you know whats breathed you know what and she frees the you know what's (if that makes sense), and her middle of the night scene with Irri!! Can't wait for that.

Finding the story at river run quite tedious at he moment, same with Arya's, but still very much in love with what's happening in kings landing, and the lead up to the wedding ( mainly because I already know what's going to happen there)

I doubt :/

BTW, now that you've finished Dance with Dragons, how would you rank the books?

Like SOS> GOT>COK, etc

=(

This is how I would rate things:

1) Storm of Swords

2) Game of Thrones

3) Clash of Kings

4) Dance with Dragons

5) Feast for Crows

In terms of interesting events, DwD and FfC are pretty much tied, but considering my favorite characters (Arya, Bran, and Jon) are more central in DwD, I ranked it above FfC.

I have no doubt that Rhaegar Targaryen + Lyanna Stark = Jon Snow. Absolutely none. I actually think Martin kind of took away the mystery for this one but adding so many hints.

First off, it kind of seems silly to start a whole war just because some guy wanted to rape some girl. Love, on the other hand, is more of a drive to start a war. And it doesn't just seem like Rhaegar wanted to rape Lyanna consider he named her Queen of Love and Beauty at the Tourney of Harenhaal. Another reason he couldn't have just randomly kidnapped and raped her is because as we saw in the House of the Undying, after being killed my Robert Baratheon, Rhaegar's last word was a woman's name (obviously the one he started this war for).

Secondly, Eddard Stark finds Lyanna in a pool of her own blood, and her last words are "Promise me, Ned." If Lyanna died of child birth (she had a fever so homicide and suicide are less likely), then that would explain the pool of blood. She's asking Ned to promise her to take care of Jon, and most likely raise him as his own. And on a side note, to support the fact that Rhaegar was truly in love with Lyanna, the Kingsguard was at the Tower of Joy where Lyanna died. They were instructed to be there, probably by Rhaegar. And on another side note, Jon was probably named after Jon Connington, Rhaegar's bestie.

With the background that Lyanna and Bael the Bard (who stole a Stark daughter, replaced her with a blue rose, impregnated her, etc.), we can associate Lyanna with a blue rose. Dany has a vision of a blue rose growing on the side of the Wall.

Jon has visions that something is awaiting him in the crypts of Winterfell. Considering Ned's bones still aren't in the crypts, I believe this is supposed to lead him to Lyanna. It is possible he's being directed to something else though.

And do you honestly see good ol' honourable Ned cheating on his wifey?

There are most likely tons of other hints/evidence of this, but these are the ones that pop into my head the quickest. Of course, the fact that it's too obvious might just be Martin trying to throw us off. But in my honest opinion, I think he just shot himself in the foot by trying to make this topic "suspenseful" and failing. If Rhaegar and Lyanna do not end up being Jon's parents, I'm betting he changed it after realizing most of the fan base already figured it out. That's just the type of thing GRRM troll would do.

tumblr_lmpk76yoo51qbpxr5o1_400.jpg

Lion Heart

=(

1) Storm of Swords

2) Game of Thrones

3) Clash of Kings

4) Dance with Dragons

5) Feast for Crows

In terms of interesting events, DwD and FfC are pretty much tied, but considering my favorite characters (Arya, Bran, and Jon) are more central in DwD, I ranked it above FfC.

Hmm.... I see...

New Video:

No Brienne :nails:

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Hmm.... I see...

Then again, I want to say Feast for Crows is my favorite because of the lack of Dany. XD

What are your rankings so far?

Lion Heart

Then again, I want to say Feast for Crows is my favorite because of the lack of Dany. XD

What are your rankings so far?

As of right now, I'd say:

SOS> AGOT>ACOK>AFFC

Im currently on Pg. 638 of a Jaime chapter

Edited by King

BricksNStrings

=(

1) Storm of Swords

2) Game of Thrones

3) Clash of Kings

4) Dance with Dragons

5) Feast for Crows

I have no doubt that Rhaegar Targaryen + Lyanna Stark = Jon Snow. Absolutely none. I actually think Martin kind of took away the mystery for this one but adding so many hints.

First off, it kind of seems silly to start a whole war just because some guy wanted to rape some girl. Love, on the other hand, is more of a drive to start a war. And it doesn't just seem like Rhaegar wanted to rape Lyanna consider he named her Queen of Love and Beauty at the Tourney of Harenhaal. Another reason he couldn't have just randomly kidnapped and raped her is because as we saw in the House of the Undying, after being killed my Robert Baratheon, Rhaegar's last word was a woman's name (obviously the one he started this war for).

Secondly, Eddard Stark finds Lyanna in a pool of her own blood, and her last words are "Promise me, Ned." If Lyanna died of child birth (she had a fever so homicide and suicide are less likely), then that would explain the pool of blood. She's asking Ned to promise her to take care of Jon, and most likely raise him as his own. And on a side note, to support the fact that Rhaegar was truly in love with Lyanna, the Kingsguard was at the Tower of Joy where Lyanna died. They were instructed to be there, probably by Rhaegar. And on another side note, Jon was probably named after Jon Connington, Rhaegar's bestie.

With the background that Lyanna and Bael the Bard (who stole a Stark daughter, replaced her with a blue rose, impregnated her, etc.), we can associate Lyanna with a blue rose. Dany has a vision of a blue rose growing on the side of the Wall.

Jon has visions that something is awaiting him in the crypts of Winterfell. Considering Ned's bones still aren't in the crypts, I believe this is supposed to lead him to Lyanna. It is possible he's being directed to something else though.

And do you honestly see good ol' honourable Ned cheating on his wifey?

There are most likely tons of other hints/evidence of this, but these are the ones that pop into my head the quickest. Of course, the fact that it's too obvious might just be Martin trying to throw us off. But in my honest opinion, I think he just shot himself in the foot by trying to make this topic "suspenseful" and failing. If Rhaegar and Lyanna do not end up being Jon's parents, I'm betting he changed it after realizing most of the fan base already figured it out. That's just the type of thing GRRM troll would do.

tumblr_lmpk76yoo51qbpxr5o1_400.jpg

I agree with you completely haha. I actually will be dissappointed if it ends up not being true

season 2 airs this sunday right? :huh:

:bunny: Hopefully it wont take a long time for streaming links. :sweat:

Lion Heart

BTW, the show was flawless!!!!!! Almost better than the book.

Agreed tbqh. Some s-x scenes were not needed (Viserys and the girl + the infamous lesbo scene) but the scenery, the attention to detail, the costumes,- everything was perfectly executed in my opinion.

season 2 airs this sunday right? :huh:

:bunny: Hopefully it wont take a long time for streaming links. :sweat:

YAS GURL !!! :excited2:

I found this btw:

tumblr_lyjaxzldul1qmqgu7.png

tumblr_lgycj9nWyc1qf25b2o1_500.jpg

:rofl: V

1c809ef7_tumblr_lmptm836dL1qbb23yo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lsg63laYrF1r2jd1mo1_500.jpg

I just stumbled into some Tywin Lannister nudes :ohno: I was looking for a specifc image and somehow his nudes popped up.

Edited by King

Lion Heart

cdd36ec9_tumblr_lovcblLJjL1qzajj0o1_500.jpeg

tumblr_m12qiiZSbz1r5fyi4o1_500_large.jpg

tumblr_lsw25mGukH1qbmosfo1_500_large.jpg

tumblr_lwl33qbKgB1r1ytzc_large.png

Edited by King

Agreed tbqh. Some s-x scenes were not needed (Viserys and the girl + the infamous lesbo scene) but the scenery, the attention to detail, the costumes,- everything was perfectly executed in my opinion.

I just stumbled into some Tywin Lannister nudes :ohno: I was looking for a specifc image: one that has Robb and Tywin together and somehow his nudes popped up.

tumblr_lsw25mGukH1qbmosfo1_500_large.jpg

:dies:

For a second, I thought you said Varys and the girl, and I was thinking, "Waaaait, what?" :rofl:

Married the Night

We fast forwarded through that lesbo scene. It was ridiculous. But everything is perfect. Perfect casting, acting, sets...it was great.

• Lion Heart locked this topic