💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Game of Thrones

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Almost done? You'll love the 3rd book; I could never put it down :legend:

I wouldn't be surprised if HBO drops the Reeds from Bran's storyline. I saw some of the summaries for the 1st 5 episodes and in one of the descriptions it mentioned how "Bran and Measter Luwin discuss Bran's dreams" so... (i'm not sure if the two do this in the 2nd book btw :huh:). The HBO production crew also talked about how the final scene they shot was one with "Bran, Rickon, Osha, and Hodor escaping Winterfell"- no sign of the Reeds at all. Maybe Bran will run into the Reeds later on? Idk..

@ Fey: is this the interview you were talking about? :

*Martin also reads a Chapter from the WInds of Winter towards the end.

I think so, this was in Toronto, yes?

Definitely watching it soon. :flutter:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion Heart

• Rito

• Alijandro

• Roma

Lion Heart

I think so, this was in Toronto, yes?

Definitely watching it soon. :flutter:

Yep! There's two more parts of it... I only posted Part 3

One thing I'm very curious about is (Book 2 spoiler)

Theon and Winterfell and Jojen and Meera and Bran's whole story throughout the second book. Jojen and Meera don't seem to have been cast how will Bran's story play out? Will they split Theon's win over Winterfell into two seasons? In Season 2, his win and in the beginning of season 2, his loss?

Hm... that's seems like a really good plot.

I think Bran will meet the Reeds much later on (after he escapes Winterfell) where Jojen will tell him about the 3 Eye-ed Crow and all those other stories. As far as Theon is concerned, I think he will sack (and lose) Winterfell this season, but extending it over to another season does seem plausible..

BTW: here are the Summaries for the 1st 5 episodes:

http://sciencefictio...pisode-details/

Lots of people are also speculating about how the third season will play out.

(also massive spoilers about third book)

Lots of people say Season 3 will end with Robb+Cat dying, and then Season 4's earlier episodes will be Joffrey's death. But others say this wouldn't be a good approach, as ending another season by killing off two more Starks could possibly annoy viewers, especially since Robb's role will be expanded in the 2nd season and he could be seen as the new hero after Ned. They say Robb and Joff should die in the same season. :S

Another good one. Hmm...

I just hope the casual fans won't lose interest in the show after the death of Robb and Catelyn since the Starks are seen as the "Heroes" of the show. Also how will HBO play out Catelyn's "revival"? I'm looking forward to that as well. Just two more weeks :cry:

EDIT: 25 pages :cry:

Edited by King
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

From what I understand of season 2

The siege of winterfell will be in the finale because the battle of blackwater is the only other real event in the latter portion of the book. So it makes sense to push back the siege a bit so you have things coming to head in more than one region. As with the books you don't have moments where serious things go down simultaneously, it's always BIG event, aftermath, next BIG event. Television can't work that way.

The reeds are being cut because they aren't really important, I agree with the writers why cast the reeds when you can have Osha take their role? Osha has a brilliant actress who has even made GRRM rethink his use of the character in the books. It would be silly to make Osha disappear for five seasons (as she does from clash to the present books) when you could get rid of the reeds (which I support, they were irritating) .

Also keeping Rickon is a good thing because he was so underused, it would be nice to see him get more screentime. And they can still stay true to the books and split up later for when Davos goes to find Rickon.

I actually think David and Dan are doing a better job of structuring the show than George did with the books. But fair dues they have hind sight where as George just wrote it book by book.

Just read 8 chapters, which is the most I've ever read of the book in one sitting so far.

Got up to the point where Arya had her first lesson with Syrio.

After reading the book this far I can safely say that the casting decisions HBO made so far are so flaw free. :legend:

Edited by Rito

Alijandro

So after one long day of reading I am finally done!

most of whats in the spoiler tags is going to be able the last few chapters so if you havnt read it, dont open them

I think the character endings in this book are much stronger than they were last time, really looking forward to the last episode as every characters last chapter is compelling. Not sure what the situation will be with bringing in contest from the third book but the endings of Daenerys , Jon, Arya, Catelyn, Theon/ Bran and the post battle events in Kings Landing would be more than enough to fill an episode. I suspect that they will probably round out Sansa and Tyrions stories in 'Blackwater' and bring some of the events happening concurrently from the next book in.

Probably the thing i disliked the most about the second book is the way that the fallout of major plot points were narrated. Several times they were mentioned in passing by an unrelated character instead of the probably more emotionally powerful reaction of those who it mattered to. For example when they were discussing the fall of Winterfell, instead of cutting to Catelyn, Robb ( I know he wasn't even POV) or even one of the girls, it was Cersei and Tyrion.

will probably give it a couple of weeks before starting book 3, need life to return to normal for a bit

Lion Heart

From what I understand of season 2

The siege of winterfell will be in the finale because the battle of blackwater is the only other real event in the latter portion of the book. So it makes sense to push back the siege a bit so you have things coming to head in more than one region. As with the books you don't have moments where serious things go down simultaneously, it's always BIG event, aftermath, next BIG event. Television can't work that way.

The reeds are being cut because they aren't really important, I agree with the writers why cast the reeds when you can have Osha take their role? Osha has a brilliant actress who has even made GRRM rethink his use of the character in the books. It would be silly to make Osha disappear for five seasons (as she does from clash to the present books) when you could get rid of the reeds (which I support, they were irritating) .

Also keeping Rickon is a good thing because he was so underused, it would be nice to see him get more screentime. And they can still stay true to the books and split up later for when Davos goes to find Rickon.

I actually think David and Dan are doing a better job of structuring the show than George did with the books. But fair dues they have hind sight where as George just wrote it book by book.

Great points here :golfclap:

Just read 8 chapters, which is the most I've ever read of the book in one sitting so far.

Got up to the point where Arya had her first lesson with Syrio.

After reading the book this far I can safely say that the casting decisions HBO made so far are so flaw free. :legend:

Agreed. I think the most I've ever read in one sitting was like 80 pages while reading Storm of Swords :ohno:

So after one long day of reading I am finally done!

most of whats in the spoiler tags is going to be able the last few chapters so if you havnt read it, dont open them

I think the character endings in this book are much stronger than they were last time, really looking forward to the last episode as every characters last chapter is compelling. Not sure what the situation will be with bringing in contest from the third book but the endings of Daenerys , Jon, Arya, Catelyn, Theon/ Bran and the post battle events in Kings Landing would be more than enough to fill an episode. I suspect that they will probably round out Sansa and Tyrions stories in 'Blackwater' and bring some of the events happening concurrently from the next book in.

Probably the thing i disliked the most about the second book is the way that the fallout of major plot points were narrated. Several times they were mentioned in passing by an unrelated character instead of the probably more emotionally powerful reaction of those who it mattered to. For example when they were discussing the fall of Winterfell, instead of cutting to Catelyn, Robb ( I know he wasn't even POV) or even one of the girls, it was Cersei and Tyrion.

will probably give it a couple of weeks before starting book 3, need life to return to normal for a bit

Spoiler-isk talk

That too. What really ticked me off was how Robb wasn't a POV character in the 2nd book (well he never is) but it would have been nice to read some chapters of what was happening during the war. When Catelyn finds out that her two youngest sons have "died", I just felt bad for the woman- she goes through so much grief- poor woman.

I can't wait for you to get started on book 3 :party:

*SEASON 2 TALK

If the new season has a main character, it’s Tyrion, who’s been dispatched to help Joffrey manage the kingdom- a gig whose danger is matched by its perks. “He’s been treated very poorly, and now if somebody calls him a name, he can have them killed,†Dinklage says between takes. “So, he’s like, ‘Hmmm…looks like I can get revenge on all those high school kids who made fun of me.’â€

…

Adds Headey of Cersei: “You get a real glimpse into her guilt as a mother and her fear of what she’s created… We get to see more of her unraveling.â€

…

Jaime Lannister was captured near the end of the first season and spends the second novel imprisoned, but don’t expect that storyline to play out the way it does in the book.

…

Likewise, Robb Stark receives scant pages in Clash, but producers are bringing a forbidden romance involving him to the foreground. “If we didn’t have Richard Madden on the show, teenage girls everywhere would abandon us en masse,†Weiss quips.

…

“As great as the first season was, there were a few things that were a little problematic,†says Martin, a co-exec producer who occasionally writes for the HBO adaptation of his novels, “One of them was the absence of battles.

(on the Battle of Blackwater)

“[The conversation] was all about why this story needs this big battle,†Benioff says. Adds HBO’s Lombardo: “All of it’s on the screen. David and Dan are not only talented writers but they’re nimble, and I think we’ve figured it out.â€

…

The producers are itching to dive into Martin’s fan-favorite third novel, which they plan to split into two seasons. HBO executives suspect that like Daenerys’ dragons, Thrones could grow into a monster, and they assure that the series would have to “fall off a cliff†not to get renewed.

Edited by King

Goldenhen

I really hope season 2 will focus more on Jon Snow :flutter: and more on the white walkers cause they are so interesting creatures. But really I want to know more about the other side of The Wall.

Lion Heart

I really hope season 2 will focus more on Jon Snow :flutter: and more on the white walkers cause they are so interesting creatures. But really I want to know more about the other side of The Wall.

In Book 2 there was a lack of Jon Snow chapters, but based on some of the trailers, it looks like Weiss and Benioff are pushing his storyline a little bit ahead.

Leaving this here

GoT-characters-as-internet-memes-game-of-thrones-24183460-495-574.png

Well TECHNICALLY the series isn't skipping ahead but it's doing things chronologically, if you read the books there is a note on chronology. The chapters don't happen in real time in relation to the follow chapter. Especially when you look at how long it took Dany and Jon to find out King Robert was dead.

Season 2 - Character Profile: Robb Stark

I don't think I seen this one posted yet?

Sorry if AP. :sweat:

This is new too I think. A second version of the "Seven Devils" trailer.

This too. Has some little clips with cast members talking about season 2 and a little more season 2 content.

Edited by Rito

Lion Heart

Yea, the Seven Devils 2nd Version is the one HBO plays right after an episode of Thrones finishes up. And thanks for posting the third video- marking down March 25 on my calendar. Wow- just TWO MORE WEEKS!

More info. on the Browser-based game for GoT:

http://pc.ign.com/ar.../1220402p1.html

I found this: http://www.scifihobb...n_one/index.cfm

(contains a brief glimpse of GoT trading cards and other products. that will come early in June.)

Game of Thrones exhibiton: http://www.theglobea...article2364719/

Edited by King

Lion Heart

tumblr_m0e7rweS4A1r02qwro1_500.jpg

Btw I watched Episode 1 in Spanish today.

Sounded interesting tbqh

:toofunny:

Oh, Hodor.

I'm reading book 1 at the same time as one of my friends, but he refuses to read the books before the respective seasons air because it would "spoil it".

I can't wait that long to continue the story and I don't think that "spoils it", but to each their own.

Just really glad we have this thread to be able to talk about them or I would probably go crazy keeping all that in with no one to talk to about it. :sweat:

Okay, off to more reading. 31% into the book and hoping to make that at least 36% tonight.. hopefully more.

Edited by Rito

New trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzVSchaagNg&list=PL92FFA74CE8BD6984&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Edited by Rito

• Lion Heart locked this topic