Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Game of Thrones

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

I've been trying, but my Photobucket has been really screwy as of late. :cry:

Nice avatar + quote :clap:

Yayyy, I love Renly. :party:

but I know what happens in book/season 2. :cry: At least I think it's book/season 2..

I don't know the details though until I read the book or see it on HBO.. not sure which will come first. Need to speed through this first book though.

Renly talk. non-spoiler

To me, Renly becomes extremely unlikeable in the second book- especially once he meets up with Stannis. The only moment I genuinely liked him was during that critical hour of Robert's death where he urges Ned Stark to lock up the Queen and her children.

It looks like HBO has added a twist to Renly's storyline as well.

In that "Love" trailer, I see Littlefinger talking with the Tyrell girl.... and Catelyn with Renly.... so I guess now I understand how Catelyn and LittleFinger cross paths. I can totally picture her saying something like: "You promised me that you will help us.." and **** will go down. :cool:

Edited by King
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion Heart

• Rito

• Alijandro

• Roma

Nice avatar + quote :clap:

Thanks! The second I read that in Dance with Dragons, I fell in love. Kind of impressed with Martin for it, tbh. Don't get me wrong, he's a good writer, but he never really writes amazing quotes like that.

Lion Heart

Thanks! The second I read that in Dance with Dragons, I fell in love. Kind of impressed with Martin for it, tbh. Don't get me wrong, he's a good writer, but he never really writes amazing quotes like that.

Agreed. His writing is rather simple, but I suppose that makes it better for younger folks to enjoy as well. Btw, I just ran into these small "interviews" from a couple of GoT characters:

Oona (Jeyne Westerling)

Another new cast member for Game Of Thrones Season 2, Oona Chaplin takes on the role of Jeyne Westerling – a character almost impossible to discuss without spoilers – although her increased role in the show is one of the first major departures from George RR Martin’s source material, and a sign that Game Of Thrones is going to increasingly follow the trajectory of The Walking Dead and True Blood and keep even fans of the written material on the edge of their seats.

“Well, there has been much speculation on the Jeyne that I’m playing all I’ll say is you guys are in for a big surprise,†teased Chaplin at at the launch party for Game Of Thrones: The Complete First Series on DVD and Blu-ray. â€There may be some canoodling involved, we can definitely say there is a kiss with a certain lovely gentleman who we’ve seen in the trailer.

“Even though the series is based on the books,†she continued, “there’s so much going on on screen and there’s so much that’s missed out from the books, so it’s like they’re two different things.â€

Having recently held supporting roles in BBC’s Sherlock and The Hour, Chaplin is one of the many rising stars in Game Of Thrones’ amazingly strong cast.

“It’s incredible, really,†said Chaplin of being involved in the show. “It’s such a major production and on my first day there was something like 150 extras. It was terrifying but just as exciting and wonderful.

“I wasn’t actually aware of the books before we started filming but now I’m well into the third and I’m like ‘Aaaargh!’â€

Sophie (Sansa Stark)

Speaking exclusively to SciFiNow at the DVD/Blu-ray launch for Game Of Thrones: The Complete First Season (out 5 March 2012, priced £25.99 and £36.99), the Stark girls, Sophie Turner (Sansa) and Maisie Williams (Arya) dropped a few teasers as to what to expect from the second series.

“Season 2 is going to be bigger and better than the first one, definitely,†enthuses Turner.

Although there’s been an influx of new cast members, this has come at the expense of those killed in Game Of Thrones Season One – including Lord Eddard ‘Ned’ Stark (Sean Bean), the on-screen father of Sansa and Arya Stark.

“It was a shame to lose Sean,†agrees Turner. “We’ve got a lot more cast members now but he was family!â€

“We had such a close relationship with him that it was nice having him there,†picks up Maisie Williams, “and it was sad to see him go.â€

While Arya reacted to the events of Game Of Thrones Season 1 with a pragmatism that her father would have approved of, Sansa increasingly found herself stuck between a rock and a hard place, manipulated by the Lannisters into turning against her kin.

As her bethrothed, the increasingly cruel Joffrey Baratheon (Jack Gleeson) tightens his grip, Sansa will start to draw a line, promises Turner, and hopefully keep viewers from screaming at the screen in annoyance.

“Sansa, I think, really has a rough time in Season 2 at the hands of Joffrey, but she grows a lot stronger,†the actress confirms. “In the first season some people saw her as a bit annoying, a bit snotty – I personally didn’t! I think this season you’ll start to like her.â€

Leslie (Ygrette)

Another incoming character, Downton Abbey‘s Rose Leslie plays Ygritte, who encounters Jon Snow (Kit Harrington) and the Night’s Watch as they head North of the Wall in Game Of Thrones Season 2, to find out what became of Snow’s uncle, Benjen Stark (Joseph Mawle).

“She’s a Wildling and she comes from north of The Wall,†explained Leslie to SciFiNow, “so she’s from the True North where it’s incredibly cold. She’s lots of fun, she’s level-headed and strong – very, very strong – and she has a lot of fun teasing Jon Snow.

“She gets a lot of entertainment out if him, she can’t understand him and she can’t work him out and she goes through a whole process of trying to work out who this boy is.â€

As part of Jon Snow’s storyline, she was whisked to Iceland where the production was reduced to shooting in a narrow window of four hours daylight, thanks to the country’s polar winter.

“It was freezing!†exclaimed Leslie. “Every few days we’d be up there on a mountaintop and there’d be a blizzard, it’d be like -26!â€

Nikolaj (Jaime Lannister)

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau who plays the somewhat sinister Jamie Lannister is notoriously tight-lipped on the subject of Game Of Thrones Season 2, but he did let loose one telling snippet – his favourite episode is Episode 7, and when pushed for details on the basis that everyone’s read the books, he countered, “I don’t think it’s in the books! I can’t really say any more.â€

Speaking exclusively to SciFiNow, Coster-Waldau revealed that he’s given some input into the role of the literal golden boy, but not much.

“I don’t kid myself,†said the actor frankly. “David Benioff and Dan Weiss, they’re so brilliant that it would be absurd to try and suggest changes. I talk about it, but I don’t come with little handwritten dialogues that I suggest.

Talking more about the character, he continued, “He’s not evil, I don’t see him as evil. He does some acts that are quite horrible, but there’s a good reason behind his actions.

Of course there are a lot of things where you go, ‘He’s having s-x with his sisterɉ۪, but you can’t think about that – you just go ‘he’s in love with the wrong woman’. He just picked the wrong woman, and we’ve all fallen for someone we shouldn’t have.â€

I really hope Weiss and Benoiff stick close to Matin's books... I don't mind a few changes here and there but...

The Women of GoT:

tumblr_m0qpk1Au2z1qeon9oo1_250.giftumblr_m0qpk1Au2z1qeon9oo2_250.gif

tumblr_m0qpk1Au2z1qeon9oo3_r2_250.giftumblr_m0qpk1Au2z1qeon9oo6_r3_250.gif

tumblr_m0qpk1Au2z1qeon9oo5_r2_250.giftumblr_m0qpk1Au2z1qeon9oo4_r3_250.gif

tumblr_m0qpk1Au2z1qeon9oo7_250.giftumblr_m0qpk1Au2z1qeon9oo8_r1_250.gif

Edited by King

Ah, right. Can't wait to read (or see) Renly's story line and see how I feel about it. Hm.

Just got an e-mail from Amazon about "George R.R. Martin's new book"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/044042321X/ref=pe_174190_23056560_nrn_title

A Game of Thrones graphic novel.

Lion Heart

Hmm... I just saw some of the images from that Graphic novel- not liking them + it looks like one of those Comic Book things- not a fan of those either. This just in: Press release:

EMMY®- AND GOLDEN GLOBE-WINNING HBO SERIES GAME OF THRONES BEGINS ITS SECOND SEASON APRIL 1

War is coming to Westeros. As the cold winds rise and five kings vie for power, bonds are forged and broken, identities are challenged and romance blossoms. With the stakes higher than ever before, who will survive the chaos to claim the Iron Throne?

Based on the bestselling fantasy book series by George R.R. Martin, GAME OF THRONES is an epic drama set in the world of Westeros, where ambitious men and women of both honor and ill-repute live in a land whose summers and winters can last years. The Emmy®- and Golden Globe-winning fantasy series begins its second season SUNDAY, APRIL 1 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT), exclusively on HBO, followed by other episodes on subsequent Sundays at the same time.

Created and executive produced by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, the ten-episode second season of GAME OF THRONES plays out against the backdrop of a fast-approaching winter – the season of the white raven. In King’s Landing, the coveted Iron Throne is occupied by cruel young Joffrey, counseled by his conniving mother Cersei and his uncle Tyrion, who has been appointed Hand of the King.

But the Lannister hold on the Throne is under assault on many fronts. Robb Stark, son of Ned Stark, the slain Lord of Winterfell, seeks autonomy in the North and has taken Cersei’s brother Jaime prisoner in battle. Daenerys Targaryen looks to shore up her depleted power in the East with her three newborn dragons. Stannis Baratheon, brother of the late King Robert, rejects Joffrey’s legitimacy and aligns with a powerful priestess to raise a naval attack. And Renly, Stannis’ charismatic brother, has maintained his own claim since fleeing King’s Landing.

In the meantime, a new leader is rising among the wildlings North of the Wall, adding fresh perils for Jon Snow and the order of the Night’s Watch. With tensions and treaties, animosity and alliances, the second season of GAME OF THRONES will be a thrilling journey through an unforgettable landscape.

Returning cast members include: Emmy® and Golden Globe winner Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Aidan Gillen (Petyr “Littlefinger†Baelish), Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont), Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Richard Madden (Robb Stark), Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran Stark), Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), Jack Gleeson (Joffrey Baratheon), Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy) and Rory McCann (Sandor “The Hound†Clegane).

Also returning for the second season are: Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister), Jerome Flynn (Bronn), Conleth Hill (Varys), John Bradley (Samwell Tarly), James Cosmo (Commander Mormont), Sibel Kekilli (Shae), Donald Sumpter (Maester Luwin), Ron Donachie (Rodrik Cassel) and Gethin Anthony (Renly Baratheon).

New cast members in the second season include: Stephen Dillane (Stannis Baratheon), Gwendoline Christie (Brienne), Carice van Houten (Melisandre), Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth), Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell) and Rose Leslie (Ygritte).

They also released the summaries for Ep. 1-5, but I won't post them here.

Edited by King

Ah, right. Can't wait to read (or see) Renly's story line and see how I feel about it. Hm.

Just got an e-mail from Amazon about "George R.R. Martin's new book"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/044042321X/ref=pe_174190_23056560_nrn_title

A Game of Thrones graphic novel.

Oooh, this interests me! The only graphic novel I've ever read was Watchmen, but I would be open to reading this one as well.

Alijandro

So I'm about half way through the book now, loving it even more than the first.

There were a few things I was wondering about though, firstly considering the age of the actress that plays Sansa, I am assuming a certain scene will be toned down a little. But even by HBO's standards do you guys think Theron's early adventures will be depicted as they were in the book?

Also do you think that they will be bringing some of danaerys stories earlier into the book considering the lack of her storyline in the early parts, and how much of a loved character she is. ( if I recall hers was the one that was most out of sync from the book in the first series too)

Lion Heart

So I'm about half way through the book now, loving it even more than the first.

There were a few things I was wondering about though, firstly considering the age of the actress that plays Sansa, I am assuming a certain scene will be toned down a little. But even by HBO's standards do you guys think Theron's early adventures will be depicted as they were in the book?

Also do you think that they will be bringing some of danaerys stories earlier into the book considering the lack of her storyline in the early parts, and how much of a loved character she is. ( if I recall hers was the one that was most out of sync from the book in the first series too)

Spoiler talk;

They will have to tone down part of the punishment. She's about 16-17 so I don't think they will expose her breasts; in one of the trailers- i think the "Shadow" trailer- you can see that she has some sort of "bra" when the knight tears her dress apart. I do think she will stick get a punch to the stomach and everything else, but they will not show her naked- I hope.

They definitely have moved Daenery's storyline in this season: in the "Shadow" trailer I think she takes... well I won't say what, but she takes some valuable 'possessions" that she receives in Book 3... which kind of makes me concerned for the longetivity of her storyline, seeing how she has no chapters in the 4th book...

Spoiler talk;

They will have to tone down part of the punishment. She's about 16-17 so I don't think they will expose her breasts; in one of the trailers- i think the "Shadow" trailer- you can see that she has some sort of "bra" when the knight tears her dress apart. I do think she will stick get a punch to the stomach and everything else, but they will not show her naked- I hope.

They definitely have moved Daenery's storyline in this season: in the "Shadow" trailer I think she takes... well I won't say what, but she takes some valuable 'possessions" that she receives in Book 3... which kind of makes me concerned for the longetivity of her storyline, seeing how she has no chapters in the 4th book...

I'm actually thinking they'll combine the 4th and 5th book into one season, tbh. I could be wrong though. I just didn't see much necessity in a lot of scenes in FfC and DwD.

Just going to leave this gif here..

tumblr_m0s35lYCfQ1qcs2gdo1_500.gif

I'm loving the Renly/Loras love! I wish they went into that detail in the books. I didn't see many implications of it in the books. I wonder if Martin outright told the producers or they just assumed.

Lion Heart

I'm actually thinking they'll combine the 4th and 5th book into one season, tbh. I could be wrong though. I just didn't see much necessity in a lot of scenes in FfC and DwD.

Hm.... but there's so many characters though.Spoiler talk

For one we have the Cersei/Margaery storyline; Brienne's storyline; Jaime's storyline; Samwell's storyline; all of the Greyjoy's storylines; the Martell's/ Arianne's; Arya and Sansa's storyline from FFC, and then for DWD: I know that there's Jon, Daenerys, Tyrion, Bran, Davos, and a whole bunch of others- i'm not sure if they will be able to condense all of these arc's into one season. :shrug: but then again...

Also, i'm beginning to think that HBO cut off the Reed's from Bran's storyline. And idk what became of Rickon- I don't remember seeing him in any trailer. :ohno:

Loving that RenLora's gif- I hope they go further :naughty:

-Just finished a Sansa set- my best one so far :legend:

*EDIT: GAME OF THRONES IS ON THE COVER OF ScifiNow

*http://www.scifinow....finow-issue-65/

*First Look at Jaqen H'gar

*jaqen-hghar.jpg

Edited by King

Lion Heart

A few updates tonight:

*Game of Thrones debuts at No. 2 on the Charts

Taking the No. 2 spot, also on both charts, was the first season set of HBO’s acclaimed “Game of Thrones,†a medieval fantasy series based on author George R. R. Martin's bestselling “A Song of Ice and Fire†fantasy books.

No sales figures are known at the moment. And

*Game of Thrones Covers Entertainment Weekly Magazine!

*EW1199CVR_PROMO_KIT.jpgEW1199CVR_PROMO_PETER.jpgEW1199CVR_PROMO_EMILIA.jpgEW1199CVR_PROMO_COUPLE.jpg

There are four editions- I really love the Daenerys one. Not impressed by Jon and Tyrion's. tbh

Edited by King

A few updates tonight:

*Game of Thrones debuts at No. 2 on the Charts

No sales figures are known at the moment. And

*Game of Thrones Covers Entertainment Weekly Magazine!

*EW1199CVR_PROMO_KIT.jpgEW1199CVR_PROMO_PETER.jpgEW1199CVR_PROMO_EMILIA.jpgEW1199CVR_PROMO_COUPLE.jpg

There are four editions- I really love the Daenerys one. Not impressed by Jon and Tyrion's. tbh

Not impressed by any, tbh. Although Jaime's looking good.

Lion Heart

hmmm... More exlusive Photos of Season 2 by EW:

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20470532_20578535,00.html?stitched

(Click on the arrow at the top-right to see the other pics). Some of these look really nice :) I really like Sansa's 2nd pic.

Vote for Game of Thrones here: http://www.hulu.com/bestinshow

2 clicks away- just a little something to show Hulu who's Boss :cool:

Ok, I'm like on 620 of Feast for Crows on some Victarion chapter... I seriously could care less about the Greyjoys tbh. The only one I care for is Theon, but he's not in this book. It looks like things are finally picking up on everyone else's chapters though.

• Lion Heart locked this topic