Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Game of Thrones

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

I'm still on Feast for Crows- somewhere around page 400 or so. I must admit I'm having a hard time getting through this book compared to the other 3 books preceeding it. :/ But I am loving Cersei's POV.

I am not a Cersei fan AT ALL. If anything, her POV makes her seem not only evil, but a little daft. She's like the anti-Littlefinger: cruel and selfish, but not clever like him.

Arya's POVs are my favorites. I'm really interested to see where Martin will go with that storyline.

As for good news, the book gets A LOT better in the second half.

And Dance with Dragons isn't so great so far, but it's nice to see what Bran, Davos, Jon, and Tyrion are up to. I missed those four a lot in FfC.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion Heart

• Rito

• Alijandro

• Roma

Lion Heart

I am not a Cersei fan AT ALL. If anything, her POV makes her seem not only evil, but a little daft. She's like the anti-Littlefinger: cruel and selfish, but not clever like him.

Arya's POVs are my favorites. I'm really interested to see where Martin will go with that storyline.

As for good news, the book gets A LOT better in the second half.

And Dance with Dragons isn't so great so far, but it's nice to see what Bran, Davos, Jon, and Tyrion are up to. I missed those four a lot in FfC.

I just love reading what's going through her mind as she struggles to take control of the Iron Throne, and yes she's not clever like Little Finger at all. I also love reading Jaime and Brienne's chapters- I enjoyed their interaction on Storm of Swords and I can't wait to see how the writers portray this on the Big screen (though it might be a while before that happens).

Honestly my favorite chapters were from Catelyn and Tyrion but er.... both of them are not in this book so eh..

I have my eyes set on Sansa.... I just feel like she's going to play a very important role on the later works...

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Lion Heart

*Season 2 Update: Promotional Posters

*tyrion-s2-quote-200x300.jpgjoffrey-s2-quote-200x300.jpgvarys-s2-quote-200x300.jpg

*dany-s2-quote-200x300.jpgarya-s2-quote-200x300.jpg

Lion Heart

*BRAN STARK'S VISITING HOURS:

*kill-ilyn-arya.jpg

I just love reading what's going through her mind as she struggles to take control of the Iron Throne, and yes she's not clever like Little Finger at all. I also love reading Jaime and Brienne's chapters- I enjoyed their interaction on Storm of Swords and I can't wait to see how the writers portray this on the Big screen (though it might be a while before that happens).

Honestly my favorite chapters were from Catelyn and Tyrion but er.... both of them are not in this book so eh..

I have my eyes set on Sansa.... I just feel like she's going to play a very important role on the later works...

True, I'm glad Martin included her POV. I always wanted to know what went through her mind (although she turned out not to be as complex as I was hoping, but I guess shallow is what Cersei is supposed to embody).

I also loved Jaime and Brienne's interactions, but that story line gets MUCH more interesting. I do love Jaime's transformation. It makes you forgive what he did to Bran...almost.

But seriously, keep pushing through the painful last two books, haha. Things start getting REALLY crazy. I can guarantee your jaw will drop often during the last few chapters of FfC.

Lion Heart

True, I'm glad Martin included her POV. I always wanted to know what went through her mind (although she turned out not to be as complex as I was hoping, but I guess shallow is what Cersei is supposed to embody).

I also loved Jaime and Brienne's interactions, but that story line gets MUCH more interesting. I do love Jaime's transformation. It makes you forgive what he did to Bran...almost.

But seriously, keep pushing through the painful last two books, haha. Things start getting REALLY crazy. I can guarantee your jaw will drop often during the last few chapters of FfC.

Getting myself ready for this. (currently on pg. 457 -A Cersei chapter).

Idk.... but am I the only one who wanted to read Robb's POV? I just felt like we should have read something from him especially in the 2nd book. Also I'd love to read what's going on in Littlefinger's manipulating mind- that could be something interesting. Maybe Vary's as well...

*New set btw*

You are definitely not the only one who wanted Robb chapters. And Littlefinger as well. There's something about Littlefinger that I kind of like, despite his actions (especially concerning Ned, who I loved). And I don't think anyone could have disliked Robb. I'm curious to see how the HBO series will portray his...events.

Meh...I personally do not like Dany. But you did a great job with the graphic design!

Lion Heart

You are definitely not the only one who wanted Robb chapters. And Littlefinger as well. There's something about Littlefinger that I kind of like, despite his actions (especially concerning Ned, who I loved). And I don't think anyone could have disliked Robb. I'm curious to see how the HBO series will portray his...events.

I've seen quite a handful of ASOIAF fans hate on Robb for being one-dimensional and blinded because of his Father's/ his "honor", which I understand as well. By looking at the trailer, it seems like the HBO team will focus on the "war" side (regarding Robb Stark's storyline) so at least they're not "hiding" him away like Martin did in the books.

Spoiler talk:

For some reason, I just have a feeling the Red Wedding will be pushed into this season, and I will cry if it happens. :cry:

I can't wait to see Tyrion/ Cersei's conversation(s) -especially their first one :dies: I hope the writers kept the good stuff.

Meh...I personally do not like Dany. But you did a great job with the graphic design!

Edited by King

I've seen quite a handful of ASOIAF fans hate on Robb for being one-dimensional and blinded because of his Father's/ his "honor", which is understandable I suppose. By looking at the trailer, it seems like the HBO team will focus on the "war" side (regarding Robb Stark's storyline) so at least they're not "hiding" him away like Martin did in the books.

Spoiler talk:

For some reason, I just have a feeling the Red Wedding will be pushed into this season, and I will cry if it happens. :cry:

I can't wait to see Tyrion/ Cersei's conversation(s) -especially their first one :dies: I hope the writers kept the good stuff.

Hm...good point. It was really hard to read Robb because everything was from others' points of view. I wish Martin did his POV because I feel like I know nothing (*snickering, thinking of Jon Snow*) about him.

I was referring to how HBO will portray the Red Wedding specifically. Especially the aftermath, about them sewing on Grey Wind's head. :cry: As graphic as that is, I feel like HBO will show that.

I really wish Martin would write a prequel to the events of GoT! I would love to read more about Rhaegar and Maestar Aemon especially.

Lion Heart

Hm...good point. It was really hard to read Robb because everything was from others' points of view. I wish Martin did his POV because I feel like I know nothing (*snickering, thinking of Jon Snow*) about him.

I was referring to how HBO will portray the Red Wedding specifically. Especially the aftermath, about them sewing on Grey Wind's head. :cry: As graphic as that is, I feel like HBO will show that.

I really wish Martin would write a prequel to the events of GoT! I would love to read more about Rhaegar and Maestar Aemon especially.

SPOILER TALK:

Knowing HBO, they will definitely show that part.:cry: I'm thinking the season will end with Robb Stark's death and Catelyn being tossed into the river. According to themakingofgameofthrones, the last scene they shot was Bran/Hodor/Osha/Rickon running away from the crumbled Winterfell, so that will probably be the closing scene. It is confirmed that Ep.9 will be all about the Battle of the Blackwater, so guess it would make sense for S2 to end with the Red Wedding as Ep 10. SoS has so much going on, so i think it's safe to say that they will move the Red Wedding into this season (and they also introduced Jeyne W. so....that's another hint I suppose.) and rumors claim that HBO plans to shoot S3 and S4 back to back to cover SoS like I mentioned earlier so...

Jon's storyline in Book 2 was kinda boring..... well I don't remember anything significant that happened there (until the very end)- unless if I'm forgetting something.

I would also love a Prequel to GoT- its Reagar I'm most interested in. By the way:

Episode 1 will be titled: The North Remembers

s2ep1-title-300x217.png

SPOILER TALK:

Knowing HBO, they will definitely show that part. :cry: I'm thinking the season will end with Robb Stark's death and Catelyn being tossed into the river. According to themakingofgameofthrones, the last scene they shot was Bran/Hodor/Osha/Rickon running away from the crumbled Winterfell, so that will probably be the closing scene. It is confirmed that Ep.9 will be all about the Battle of the Blackwater, so guess it would make sense for S2 to end with the Red Wedding as Ep 10. SoS has so much going on, so i think it's safe to say that they will move the Red Wedding into this season (and they also introduced Jeyne W. so....that's another hint I suppose.) and rumors claim that HBO plans to shoot S3 and S4 back to back to cover SoS like I mentioned earlier so...

Jon's storyline in Book 2 was kinda boring..... well I don't remember anything significant that happened there (until the very end)- unless if I'm forgetting something.

I would also love a Prequel to GoT- its Reagar I'm most interested in. By the way:

Episode 1 will be titled: The North Remembers

s2ep1-title-300x217.png

That makes sense. The Red Wedding was definitely the most dramatic part of Storm of Swords so I don't see why they would end with anything else. And I will definitely tear up during that part. I did when I read it.

Wait, so S3 and S4 are both going to cover SoS? Oh jeez, that's going to be many seasons to cover the entire series. Will Martin even be able to finish writing/releasing the series by the time the TV series catches up?

I was referring to Ygritte in the SoS and how she would always say, "You know nothing, Jon Snow." Every time someone says, "I know," I really want to reply, "You know nothing, Jon Snow!" but there aren't many people I know who would understand the reference. XD

Lion Heart

That makes sense. The Red Wedding was definitely the most dramatic part of Storm of Swords so I don't see why they would end with anything else. And I will definitely tear up during that part. I did when I read it.

Wait, so S3 and S4 are both going to cover SoS? Oh jeez, that's going to be many seasons to cover the entire series. Will Martin even be able to finish writing/releasing the series by the time the TV series catches up?

I was referring to Ygritte in the SoS and how she would always say, "You know nothing, Jon Snow." Every time someone says, "I know," I really want to reply, "You know nothing, Jon Snow!" but there aren't many people I know who would understand the reference. XD

Spoiler Talk:

Jon Snow and Ygritte **** each other so many times.... how would they pull this off in such a cold place :sweat:

Storm of Swords just had so many things going on: Red Wedding/ Tyrion's Wedding/ Joffrey's Wedding feast/ and the Little Finger/ Sansa storyline- sheesh :sweat: Man I'm getting too excited already.

Also I wonder if they will keep Daenerys' walk in the House of the Undying? I'm thinking they won't seing how HBO wants to focus more on the "reality" aspect of the show... if you know what I mean, but who knows... Also will HBO keep the two Reed brothe/ sister duo to work with Bran's storyline? Only time will tell I guess..

Spoiler Talk:

Jon Snow and Ygritte **** each other so many times.... how would they pull this off in such a cold place :sweat:

Storm of Swords just had so many things going on: Red Wedding/ Tyrion's Wedding/ Joffrey's Wedding feast/ and the Little Finger/ Sansa storyline- sheesh :sweat: Man I'm getting too excited already.

Also I wonder if they will keep Daenerys' walk in the House of the Undying? I'm thinking they won't seing how HBO wants to focus more on the "reality" aspect of the show... if you know what I mean, but who knows... Also will HBO keep the two Reed brothe/ sister duo to work with Bran's storyline? Only time will tell I guess..

I was so bored/annoying with the Jon/Ygritte storyline, tbh. So glad that's done with.

Oh, true. I forgot about all that stuff. I've been reading FfC and DwD for so long, it seems forever ago that I read the first three. I literally feel like I'm never getting through with DwD. -_-

I'll be so upset if they don't do Dany's walk in the House of the Undying! That was one of my favorite chapters! I even reread that one just because I didn't want to miss any clues. It was so intriguing. And I also love the Reeds so they better be included as well. But I'm thinking that they will considering their adventure with Bran. It would be odd if it were just Bran and Hodor going on their quest together. Hodor's not really someone who communicates, haha.

And now for some random Game of Thrones hilarity:

8qPrx.gif

Lion Heart

I was so bored/annoying with the Jon/Ygritte storyline, tbh. So glad that's done with.

Oh, true. I forgot about all that stuff. I've been reading FfC and DwD for so long, it seems forever ago that I read the first three. I literally feel like I'm never getting through with DwD. -_-

I'll be so upset if they don't do Dany's walk in the House of the Undying! That was one of my favorite chapters! I even reread that one just because I didn't want to miss any clues. It was so intriguing. And I also love the Reeds so they better be included as well. But I'm thinking that they will considering their adventure with Bran. It would be odd if it were just Bran and Hodor going on their quest together. Hodor's not really someone who communicates, haha.

Spoiler Talk:

By looking at the Season 2 Official trailer, it looks like they pushed Daenerys' storyline ahead of its time- it looks like she's going to take the Unsullied in this season already, which kinda has me concerned for the longetivity of her storyline...

Oh- I completely forgot that Bran goes away with Hodor and the Reeds- so I guess it wouldn't really make sense for them to just cut the Reeds out :sweat: I wonder what role Rickon will play in the last two books- if he ever does play any major role.

Also I don't think Daenerys will take back the Iron Throne.... for some reason, I see her traveling to The Wall and making her place there defending the realm along with the Night's Watch and her Dragons. (But I still don't know what becomes of her in DwD- dont spoil it for me btw! -so Im just going with what I know..)

The beginning of A Feast For Cersei kinda confused me.... I'll have to re-read the entire book to make sense of what I missed out tbh.

When all the fighting is done, who do you think will sit on the Iron Throne? My picks: Stannis w/ Tyrion, or Littlefinger/Sansa.

and lol @ that gif.

Edited by King

Spoiler Talk:

By looking at the Season 2 Official trailer, it looks like they pushed Daenerys' storyline ahead of its time- it looks like she's going to take the Unsullied in this season already, which kinda has me concerned for the longetivity of her storyline...

Oh- I completely forgot that Bran goes away with Hodor and the Reeds- so I guess it wouldn't really make sense for them to just cut the Reeds out :sweat: I wonder what role Rickon will play in the last two books- if he ever does play any major role.

Also I don't think Daenerys will take back the Iron Throne.... for some reason, I see her traveling to The Wall and making her place there defending the realm along with the Night's Watch and her Dragons. (But I still don't know what becomes of her in DwD- dont spoil it for me btw! -so Im just going with what I know..)

The beginning of A Feast For Cersei kinda confused me.... I'll have to re-read the entire book to make sense of what I missed out tbh.

When all the fighting is done, who do you think will sit on the Iron Throne? My picks: Stannis w/ Tyrion, or Littlefinger/Sansa.

and lol @ that gif.

I'm hoping Dany takes the Unsullied at the end of the season, otherwise I have no idea what they're going to do with her storyline. This shouldn't really spoil anything for you, but her story is kind of slow-paced, so I don't even know what Martin will do with her in two books, let alone the show.

And I hear Rickon plays a role in Dance with Dragons, although I haven't gotten to it yet. It's so difficult to juggle around classes and a social life with reading. =/

I'm kind of thinking/hoping she stays in the east. She seems to like it there, trying to free slaves and whatnot. But it's not like I can spoil anything big for you for her, as I'm only a third of the way into the book, and Martin tends to push huge events into the last third of it.

Ooh, I loooved the Prologue of Feast! Also had to reread that one. I suggest rereading it with Jaqen H'ghar in mind. ;) Not that I'm saying the Alchemist is Jaqen, but it's just my theory since their physical descriptions/powers are so alike. I'm very interested to see where Martin's going with that story.

Of the current viable candidates, I'm hoping Stannis, sans Melisandre, of course. I believe Stannis to be the most fair, although harsh. Or a certain other candidate who will make your jaw drop in DwD. :whistle:

• Lion Heart locked this topic