πŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT πŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Game of Thrones

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Tell us how it goes. :party:

The shows starts off slowly... but by the time you get to the 9/10 th episode, you'll be like :jawdrop:

I watched+downloaded the first 5 episodes. :grin:

Its cool, but like every show I start watching I have no idea who is who yet. :sad:

btw, in ep 1 wtf was the beginning? Is this show part supernatural? because it looked like it :mellow:

or what were those things in the snow?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion Heart

• Rito

• Alijandro

• Roma

Lion Heart

I watched+downloaded the first 5 episodes. :grin:

Its cool, but like every show I start watching I have no idea who is who yet. :sad:

btw, in ep 1 wtf was the beginning? Is this show part supernatural? because it looked like it :mellow:

or what were those things in the snow?

This is the "Fantasy" that I was talking about.

During this time period, a summer can last a decade, and winters can last a really long time. The "zombies" at the beginning of the show (they are called the White Walkers or The Others) were a group of outsiders that were thought to be extinct thousands of years ago- but the men at the beginning witnessed them -proving that the White Walkers are not extinct. The men at the beginning are all dressed in Black and protect some fort on the North- its basically a border that seperates the Ice cold landmass with rumored creatures roaming about from the Kingdom and these men swear an oath to protect the fort for the rest of their lives. If they abondon the fort, they are immediately killed (hence why Ned- killled the guy who ran away). The men are the Black Brothers of the Night's Watch- they swear their loyalties and cannot posses any land, titles, crown, power, etc.

But really- the main emphasis of the show is around the Ned/ Queen Cersei/ Tyrion conspiracy.

There really isn't any "Supernatural" stuff in this show- besides the intro at this point. Let's just say its fantasy mixed w/ reality.

I will post pictures of the characters you should be concerned about and a brief bio in a moment

Edited by King
β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€

Lion Heart

*469461-ned_stark___throne_super.jpg

MAIN CHARACTER: Eddard (Ned) Stark:

He is the Lord of Winterfell and The King's best friend. Before the King invites him to come live in his Kingdom, they went on a Revolution and dethroned the previous King (King Aerys Targaryen- well get to that later). Basically Ned is just living his life with his Family and all of a sudden the King comes to him and requests him to be "The Hand of The King"- the Hand is the Second most powerful man in the realm so this is a Huge responsibility. Ned accepts and this makes the Queen very uncomfortable.

*leana-cersei.jpg

IMPORTANT CHARACTER: Queen Cersei Lannister:

She is The Queen of Westeros and married to King Robert Baratheon. She has three kids- but NONE of them are from Robert- which is why she is always Paranoid and freaking out that someone will find out. The most messed up part is that she has a Twin Brother named Jamie Lannister (and all three kids are from him [incest is best]). So she does whatever she can do hide this fact but eventually one of Ned's kids (Bran) saw the Queen and her Twin Brother copulate and this begins a revolution between House Stark vs. House Lannister. Basically the whole show revolves around these two families.

*fotonoticia_20111121113539_500.jpg

MAIN CHARACTER: Tyrion Lannister:

Tyrion is the youngest Brother of The Queen. He is born from the most richest and powerful family line in the Kingdom, but since he is a Dwarf, he does have a hard time adjusting to life. He is really witty and highly intelligent which is how he gains the people's respect. You can label all the Lannister's as "evil" but Tyrion would be considered a "good guy". Basically Ned's wife accuses him off throwing her son off the tower, and Tyrion has a whole conspiracy against him.

*allen.clarke02.jpg

MAIN CHARACTER: Daenerys Targaryen:

She is the daughter of the former King: Aerys Targaryen but when her father was killed, her brother (Viserys) and her were exhiled from the Kingdom and now they live on an island to the East of the Kingdom. She is very naive and is afraid of her own brother, yet she still makes sure to please him. Basically all her Brother wants to do is regain the Throne and call himself the King, and he plans to do so by Forcing his sister to marry a man with a Hundred thousand men under his comman: Khal Drogo (look below) and use his army to attack the men on the Kingdom.

*6217643532800.jpg

Khal Drogo:

Khal Drogo is the leader of this infamous Dothraki tribe. According to Dothraki costoms, whenever a man loses a fight, all of his hair is cut off, but Khal Drogo has never lost a match in his entire life- hence why he is highly respected by his men. He has no intention on claiming the Throne- he is content with just being the leader of the Tribe. When Daenerys marries him, she becomes the most powerful woman in the tribe, granting her the title "Khaleesi" respectfully.

Edited by King

Lion Heart

*House Stark:

*Catelyn_Tully.PNG

IMPORTANT CHARACTER: CATELYN STARK: She is Ned's wife and has a sister who rules the Vale of Arryn (more on that later). Her sister Lady Lysa had a husband who served as Hand of The King with Robert, but her husband is supposedly murdered by the Lannisters -claims Lysa. Catelyn's son Bran was thrown off a tower and she finds some evidence to convict the Lannisters of trying to murder her son, but the problem is she's going against the most powerful family in the realm, which makes things interesting....

*robb_stark.jpg

ROBB STARK : He is the oldest son of Ned and Catelyn. At the beginning he isn't involved much in the storyline, but towards the end, he plays an important role in the House Stark vs House Lannister war going on. When Eddard departs with the 2 girls, Jon leaves for the wall, and his mother goes after her father, he is left behind to serve as The Lord of Winterfell, so he must quickly learn how to become a man (he is 15-16 years old in the books.)

*jon-snow-ghost.jpg

IMPORTANT CHARACTER: JON SNOW: He is Ned Stark's bastard son- which pretty much makes him feel inferior to everyone. Ned Stark is a powerful and well respected man, but since Jon is a bastard, he gets almost no respect from anyone- bastards are not well liked in general. As a bastard, he cannot inherit Anything from his family line, so he decides to join the Night Watch to protect the realm from outside invasions....

*Sansa-Stark-game-of-thrones-21795346-1024-576.jpg

IMPORTANT CHARACTER: SANSA STARK: She is the oldest daughter of Ned and Catelyn. She is pretty naive and stubborn at times. She eventually falls in love with Prince Joffrey and this only heats up the already burning passion that House Stark and House Lannister have against each other. Though she met Pirnce Joff for one day, she insists on marrying him so she could one day be The Queen.....

*Arya-Stark-game-of-thrones-20831814-500-277.png

IMPORTANT CHARACTER: ARYA STARK: She is the younger of the two daughters from Ned and Catelyn. When Ned departs for the Kingdom, he takes Sansa and her with him so they could see the Kingdom for themselves. He leaves Catelyn with Robb, Bran, and Rickon behind. Arya eventually gets fed up with the "Princess" way of life, so she decides to master the way of a Swordsman. She is very different from many girls- especially for one born from a powerful family.

*bran-stark-game-of-thrones-18274517-2128-1416_288x288.jpg

IMPORTANT CHARACTER: BRAN STARK: He is the 2nd legimite son of Ned and Catelyn. One day while he was climbing towers, he witnesses the Queen and her twin brother -copulate- and the Queen's twin throws him off the cliff. He survives which is why the Queen remains paranoid for the rest of the series.

* There is another child: Rickon Stark but he is barely mentioned in the work so well ignore him for now.

You seem upset tumblr_lzmj4xppVQ1r5tvzu.jpg

Edited by King

Thanks for posting character bios, I read them earlier and it makes much more sense now :sweat:

So, I'm going to watch the last ep 9 and 10 later tonight :excited2:

btw, what makes someone a 'bastard' son? or what exactly does it mean, like a blacksheep? but what did jon do to get this title? :huh:

Thanks for posting character bios, I read them earlier and it makes much more sense now :sweat:

btw, what makes someone a 'bastard' son? or what exactly does it mean, like a blacksheep? but what did jon do to get this title? :huh:

His mom isn't Catelyn, Ned's wife. His mom is just some common poor woman Ned slept with.

I'm re-reading

the Red Wedding again, and I still can't feel sad over it tbh. I never really liked Catelyn and I could never relate to Robb as I felt we never really knew the character all that well. I found myself feeling bad for Arya who was soo close to reuniting with her family again, than the death of those two, it was pretty much good riddance. I do hope all the Frey's die a slow, painful death though.

Also, I can't wait to see Melissandre on TV, I hope whoever plays her stays close to the book(I'm not really feeling Lena Headey as Cersei)

Lion Heart

Brother from another Mother wink.png

Episode 9 is probably my favorite. I cried :cry:

Edited by King

Lion Heart

*Game-of-Thrones-on-Sky-At-007.jpg

KING ROBERT BARATHEON: He is the current King when the show starts. He is married to Cersei Lannister and is one huge drunk- which leads to problems down the line. He appoints his long- time friend Ned Stark the Honor of being the Hand of the King, which makes his wife extemely unhappy.

*Renly_Baratheon.png

RENLY BARATHEON: He is the King's youngest Brother. he doesn't get much involved except towards the end of this series in a critical moment. He would play a much more important role in the next series.

*tumblr_lnzjxuWe1E1qiecveo1_500.png

PRINCE JOFFREY BARATHEON: The illegimite son of the King and the next in line for the throne. He is a lunatic and a complete prick His mother does whatever she can to make sure that no one in the Kingdom knows of the incestrous secret.

* He has a younger sister Myrcella and a younger brother Tommen, but both are irrelevant at this point.

*Jaime_Lannister.jpg

JAIME LANNISTER: Dubbed "The King's Slayer", he is the one who killed the mad King Aerys Targaryen during Robert's Rebellion. He is also the Queen's Twin Brother and the Father of Joffrey, Myrcella, and Tommen- incest. He does not like Ned Stark or any of the Stark's in general.

*viserys-targaryen_288x288.jpg

VISERYS TARGARYEN: He is Daenery's older brother and the son of the former Mad King Aerys. He and his sister were exhiled out of the Kingdom. He then marries his sister to Khal Drogo in hopes of getting Drogo's army, cross the Narrow Sea, and control the Kingdom, but he is a maniac..

*game-of-thrones-daenerys-jorah-mormont-1.jpg?w=500&h=281

SER JORAH MORMONT: He too was exhiled from his hometown (for selling slaves I believe) and he is stuck with the Dothraki clan. Eventually he becomes-- I guess we can call him Daenery's "body guard" and does his best to protect her.

*Petyr-Baelish-lord-petyr-baelish-25909800-500-297.png

"LITLLE FINGER": He is part of the King's council and in charge of the Treasury Department; he is the Master of Coin. As a young teen, he had feelings for Ned Stark's wife which is why he doesn't favor Ned much. He tells Ned "not to trust him". He is very manipulative..

*350px-Varys.png

LORD VARYS: He is another member of the King's Council. He is very difficult to trust as well because he knows about many things going around in the Kingdom, so it's almost impossible to keep a secret from him.

*tumblr_ljcciyZv591qhu9p7o1_500.png

LADY LYSA ARRYN: She does not trust the Lannisters- especially after her husband was mysteriously killed while serving as King Robert's Hand. She- like her sister Catelyn Stark fear that the Lannisters are up to no good. She will rule the Vale of Arryn until her sickly son will come of age....

Edited by King

Ah! The Red Wedding :panic:

Honestly, I love Lena Headey's work here on GOT- unpopular opinion prob :ohno:

Opinions seem to be mixed on her. For me, I pictured Cersei as much colder and a lot more beautiful(not that Lena Headey is ugly). After watching X-men first class, January Jones would have been perfect.

Lion Heart

Opinions seem to be mixed on her. For me, I pictured Cersei as much colder and a lot more beautiful(not that Lena Headey is ugly). After watching X-men first class, January Jones would have been perfect.

I agree with the "beautiful" part, but something about her fake smile just gives her that look of deceiver- as if she's plotting something. It would make more sense to have her look "older" to give her more "authority" if you know what I mean.

To me, the charaters that were spot- on were Ned and Arya Stark- and perhaps Sansa as well; they fit the character descriptions perfectly.

By the way, wasn't there some other girl who portrayed Daenerys at first (before she left or something?) I think I remember reading something like that.

I agree with the "beautiful" part, but something about her fake smile just gives her that look of deceiver- as if she's plotting something. It would make more sense to have her look "older" to give her more "authority" if you know what I mean.

I agree, she plays the fake part perfectly, it's just the iciness that's a bit lacking for me. And I while I get and agree with the reason for ageing her, I kinda wish they didn't age her and Catelyn, who I thought looked way older than I imagined.

To me, the charaters that were spot- on were Ned and Arya Stark- and perhaps Sansa as well; they fit the character descriptions perfectly.

:yes: And Tyrion too. Though initially I thought they were a bit kind to Arya in terms of looks as she was described as she was kinda tomboyish/ugly in the book, but I think she's perfect now.

By the way, wasn't there some other girl who portrayed Daenerys at first (before she left or something?) I think I remember reading something like that.

Yeah you're right, that was Tazmin Merchant. I think they got the recast spot on, Emilia Clarke looks much better.

After I finish catching up on Doctor Who I'll be watching Game of Thrones! :]

Just 4 episodes left of Doctor Who left, so I should be on GoT by Wednesday. Have all the episodes downloaded and ready to be watched.

I watched the last episodes. :excited2:

I thought khal and blonde princess who names is too long and confusing would live happily ever after :cry:

lol but The ending was interesting. I'm interested in what their going to do with the dragons. :huh: or if they will use them to invade and take the 'throne' back.

I hope the white walkers+ the wall get more air time next season. :neutral: Those were my favorite storylines.

When does season 2 start? :huh:

Lion Heart

I watched the last episodes. :excited2:

I thought khal and blonde princess who names is too long and confusing would live happily ever after :cry:

lol but The ending was interesting. I'm interested in what their going to do with the dragons. :huh: or if they will use them to invade and take the 'throne' back.

I hope the white walkers+ the wall get more air time next season. :neutral: Those were my favorite storylines.

When does season 2 start? :huh:

Season 2 starts on April 2012 unfortunately- but the book is out there: "A Clash of Kings". Really- if you read the books before/after the HBO show- everything starts to make more sense. There are a handful of characters introduced in ACOK so it would be interesting to see how the audience receives them. Stannis (King Robert's younger brother and next heir to the throne is the one I am looking forward to.) It looks like Tyrion will have a major role in the 2nd season. BTW I'm glad you gave the show a chance and liked it :)

Minor Spoiler: the "blonde princess" really doesn't do much in the next work so..

:yes: And Tyrion too. Though initially I thought they were a bit kind to Arya in terms of looks as she was described as she was kinda tomboyish/ugly in the book, but I think she's perfect now.

Oh Tyrion was perfect too- more than perfect I should say. Khal Drogo as well.. Honestly the casting was brilliant!

After I finish catching up on Doctor Who I'll be watching Game of Thrones! :]

Just 4 episodes left of Doctor Who left, so I should be on GoT by Wednesday. Have all the episodes downloaded and ready to be watched.

!!!!!!!! Make sure you read some character bios before you watch the show- Trust me- it is really confusing for the first few episodes!

Edited by King

• Lion Heart locked this topic