đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Raven-Symone won't hire people with certain names

Jesse Pinkman

Featured Posts

Jesse Pinkman

Very few people on this site know my full birth name, so you guys know its not conventional and is definitely black. As I've gotten older, it has become a big insecurity of mine.

However, those who know anything about me know that I work very hard in school, get great grades, and I work and have pay all of my bills. So for Raven to say something like this is just so ignorant. Especially because she used the name "Watermelondra." How stereotypical and disrespectful to your own race. I'm so dissapointed in her. As a life long fan of hers, my heart is kinda broken.

It's science, bitch

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so done with her

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2681-1378340444-20.

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

Warholian

People shouldn't take things said jokingly on a talk show as their true and thought out word. If it was written or in an interview? Sure. But this is just a slip up during conversation that everybody does. Now she'll have to write some apology so people stop giving her death threats. 

Edit: And now everyone is this thread is saying their heart is broken, how she's racist, or how their entire perception on her has changed. Jesus people, don't put unrealistic standards on others just because they're famous and don't let little accidents in conversation dictate whether someone is a 'racist' or not. Calm down. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Kermit

Says the woman who was named after a bird. :miley:

It's Norse...nothing is wrong with her name, just her brain.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Bette Davis

She is always barfing out such ignorant ****. Such a shame because I always loved her growing up :crossed:

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

People shouldn't take things said jokingly on a talk show as their true and thought out word. If it was written or in an interview? Sure. But this is just a slip up during conversation that everybody does. Now she'll have to write some apology so people stop giving her death threats. 

Edit: And now everyone is this thread is saying their heart is broken, how she's racist, or how their entire perception on her has changed. Jesus people, don't put unrealistic standards on others just because they're famous and don't let little accidents in conversation dictate whether someone is a 'racist' or not. Calm down. 

It's not the first time she has said disappointing and problematic things about race though and referring to an imaginary black name as "Watermelondra" is beyond a slip of the tongue. 

Alcina Dimitrescu

post-59976-Meryl-Streep-Jennifer-Lopez-c

I support this for a world with less tacky names, even if hers is pretty tacky too.

Archived