💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga is more artist than a popstar

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

Many here are always saying "But Gaga is a popstar" in order to provide an excuse as to why she should continue to make mainstream pop music. But the fact is that Gaga is more artist than popstar. I mean, just look at all the things she has done this year. A classical performance, a jazz tour, a disco/funk song for a fashion line, a horror TV show. Gaga is just a complete artist. So there is no reason why she should stay grounded in mainstream pop when she could do so many other things with her talent. If she want to do pop than that is fine, but she doesn't have to.

Supersonic

People are just obsessed with labelling people and putting them into boxes. They are living out their borderline abusive thoughts of controlling people because they can't control their own lives due to being tremendously insecure. They are trying to limit her, because they themselves are limited and fear confidence.

jojo Freud

Agreed, gaga is more than many other "pop stars" today. Anyway its hard to label anyone its up to her what she wants to be called tbh

Alien Tulip

"When people think that they know who Lady Gaga is, I'd like to remind them that they don't."

"OOO I think we're gonna end that right there, that was brilliant! Her cd The Fame is available worldwide on itunes"

Angel Down

Exactly... She's multitalented. She can do anything, and it will be so so sad if she restricts herself just for the conditions of being mainstream.

Warholian

Eh. She's more of a mix between Cher and Madonna. She'll explore many mediums in the future, very likely starring in film and being nominated for Emmys and Oscars, but her music is just too big for her to be considered an 'entertainer' over a 'pop star'. She gave the world the biggest music video of the 2000s and basically 1984-2009, the biggest music video of the 2010s, and some of the biggest songs of the 21st century. She could win best actress someday but she'll still always be a pop star in the eyes of the world. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

AbuHassan1992

"OOO I think we're gonna end that right there, that was brilliant! Her cd The Fame is available worldwide on itunes"

and her cd the fame is her baby jesus

Alien Tulip

and her cd the fame is her baby jesus

she had over 150 songs written and produced, the songs had to wrestle each other to make it to the fame.

It doesn't have to be one or the other, you can be both an artist and a pop star :ghostga: 

True. But all I am saying is that she doesn't have to be making pop all the time.

Archived