đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Hits Double Daily: Janet's 'Unbreakable' sells 106K copies

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

According to Hits Double Daily's building album sales chart, Janet Jackson's new album Unbreakable has sold 105,712 in its first week, giving her the #1 album selling album of the week. These are amazing numbers for Janet, whose album has seen very little promotion. To add to that, it seems that Janet has escaped the album sales flop curse that has plagued established divas in the past two years. The "curse" has to do with a huge percentage drop from the first week sales of the prior album to the first week sales of the current album, as seen below.

Lady Gaga: Born This Way (1.11M) to ARTPOP (258K) = -76.72%

Madonna: MDNA (359K) to Rebel Heart (116K) = -67.69%

Mariah Carey: Mémoires of an Imperfect Angel (168K) to I Am Mariah. (58K) =  -65.48%

Britney Spears: Femme Fate (276K) to Britney Jean (107K) = -61.23%

Jennifer Lopez: Love? (83K) to AKA (33K) =  -60.24%

Janet's was a 41.5% decrease but her album spread was 7 years compared to the 2-4 years of most of the others.

Janet Jackson: Discipline (181K) to Unbreakable (106K) = -41.44%

Janet has sold almost 70K more albums than the #2 album this week, Tamar Braxton's Calling All Lovers, which sold 36K copies. On the album plus streaming chart, Janet comes in with 112K units, keeping her #1 on the Billboard 200, as well, with The Weeknd's Beauty Behind the Madness at #2 with 60k unites. This is Janet's 7th #1 album, making her the female with the third most #1 albums in US history behind Barbara Streisand (10) and Madonna (8).

Janet becomes just the 4th female lead artist to debut at #1 this year on the Billboard 200. She follows Meghan Trainor, Kelly Clarkson and Jill Scott. 

http://hitsdailydouble.com/building_album_chart

janet1.gif?w=1000&h=563

Jesse Pinkman

Eek. The industry is at an all time low. An album charting at #2 with 38k. Poor Tamar. 

It's science, bitch

Tropico

These are amazing numbers for a "nostalgia act". :applause: 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

pie-kun

That's amazing! It's a fantastic album but I never expected it to hit #1 considering that it had such a small amount of promotion. I'm so proud of her :nick:

Riot Poof

YAS JANET.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

migamiga

So happy for her! Even though I know she probably doesn't care at this point. She deserves it :yes:

TimisaMonster

Wow...the industry is REALLY suffering...when selling over 100K the first week is praised and gives you the #1 album...good for her but overall this is such a sad situation....

:awkney:

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

Archived