đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

So many references to Gaga's career in AHS! [PICS]

Ryan Reid

Featured Posts

Ryan Reid

Extreme Lady Gaga AHS a--lysis ahead! You knew it was coming, lol. I forced myself to sit on these thoughts for 24 hours to ensure they aren't just in-the-moment excitement/delusions. The more I think about them, the more I believe them. My ultimate takeaway is this:

The episode was chock full of references to Lady Gaga's career. This is best explained in photos... Here are just a few of my favorites.

14ijtyu.jpg

'Cheek to Cheek' era
Definitely the most 'obvious' Gaga era referenced. Gaga is playing a character with 1920's roots, in an art-deco hotel. Wearing fashions that look exactly like the ones she wore for her 'Cheek to Cheek' era with Tony Bennett.

10gy69k.jpg

'ARTPOP' era
This is my favorite!!!! I am sooooo excited about this!! Just like real life, how 'Cheek to Cheek' was a 100% contrast to 'ARTPOP', the Countess has a secret room in the art deco hotel that is the complete opposite ---- stark white (ARTPOP), filled with colorful candy and video games (technology). This plays perfectly on all the visual and conceptual themes of ARTPOP... not to mention, in the scene that precedes it, she's surrounded by pink and blue neon signs (ARTPOP colors) and is talking to the designer about the silver metallic sculpture in the room (which there's no way in the world you can convince me that is not a nod to Jeff Koons, who is famous for his metallic sculptures --- and was her primary artistic collaborator for ARTPOP).

25i4q6t.jpg

'The Fame' era (pt 1)
How could you not watch The Countess covered in blood and not get vibes from her epic "Paparazzi" VMA's performance?

33a6o7c.jpg

'The Fame' era (pt 2)
The closeups of her face look exactly like a scene from her 2nd music video ever, for 'Beautiful Dirty Rich' ... right down to the gold finger nails.

15rnsxt.jpg

Illuminati/occult symbolism
Totally obvious, but they have been using the tagline "As is above, so is below" in the promo for AHS, which is an overt reference to the occult. Gaga has been doing poses that showcase this from the very beginning of her career, and last night's episode was also full of them.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlayLin

Meh. Not everything she does nowadays is a reference to her past work. :awkney:

Like I'm a huge fan but when I watched this episode, nothing reminded me of anything you posted, so.

You rage for no reason because you have No Reason.

Ryan Reid

I'm starting to think youre a troll :bye2:

Not trolling at all... Just obsessed with finding the symbolic meaning in Gaga's work and sharing it with others. Sometimes it's a stretch, sometimes it's exactly what she was hoping we would see. I knew this thread would attract negativity, but it does not deter me from posting it anyway, because the pursuit of artistic exploration is more important than worrying about what anyone will think. Which is how Gaga would want it. :) 

yaaaassss you forgot the LAST scene where she says, "Your boy has a jaw line for days." It referenced TFM era specifically Telephone/bad romance era....yaaaassss

Ryan Reid

yaaaassss you forgot the LAST scene where she says, "Your boy has a jaw line for days." It referenced TFM era specifically Telephone/bad romance era....yaaaassss

That one totally belongs here! I left it out since there's already a thread for it, but... YAASSSS

Hauser

Tbh I think this is all a huge reach :awkney:

However, I do think that the connections you made are super interesting, you clearly have a great attention to detail.

Archived