💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Vanity Fair: "AHS - Hotel isn't trash, it's GARBAGE"

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

The fifth season of the FX anthology series premiered last night, and it was not good

American Horror Story, Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s-xhausting anthology series, has, almost since its inception, cleverly found a way to immunize itself against criticism. Sure, sure, you can complain about how nothing in its second season, Asylum, made any damn sense. Or you can b---h plenty about Freak Show, the fourth iteration, being a dull disappointment. But if you go much deeper than that, if you actually take issue with some of the things that American Horror Story says, well then, you’re being a humorless square, someone who just refuses to see Murphy’s (and Falchuk’s) campy, queeny gay sensibility for the arch, transgressive genius it is.

To which I say pffffft, as loud as I can. I may be a humorless square, a traitor to my camp-loving gay brothers and sisters, but so be it. As demonstrated in the first episode of the show’s fifth installment, Hotel, American Horror Story is garbage. Not trash. Trash can be fun. Garbage. Something we need to bag up and throw away, or flush and forget. Always a juvenile, antisocial show, A.H.S. reached what I hope is its nadir with the Hotel premiere, a confusingly paced, self-indulgent episode that managed to offend in myriad ways.

Read more: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/10/american-horror-story-hotel-isnt-trash-its-garbage

Posted the entire thing because wow, what a read :lmao: 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mister Gaga

Stopped reading at sure, sure, you can complain about how nothing in its second season, Asylum, made any damn sense

anigif_enhanced-9827-1414024134-5.gif

Jesse Pinkman

I somewhat agree. While, I enjoyed certain parts of the show and it grew on me, I felt the same way he did at certain times. It was very campy, but I think that was the goal. And Ryan does have thing for taking attractive, young white men and doing sick s-xual things to them. But hey, that's his style.

Also, I disagree with what he said about Max. Comedic actors can play serious roles as well. I wouldn't say that the show is garbage, but it is very messy and feels like a parody at times. I understand where he was coming from, harshness put to the side.

It's science, bitch

DrewStevens

And Matt Bomer is cute, as is Evan Peters, and the long list of same-y white guys who’ve been dragooned into this debacle.

Evan Peters wasn't even in the episode :toofunny:

Can this person get more pathetic?

Archived