💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How do you feel about Gaga's peers not appreciating her work?

NONONONO

Featured Posts

NONONONO

With the all Grace Jones thing, I started thinking about other people in the past who have directly criticised Gaga, mainly those who inspired her directly. We all know the all Madonna thing, we know that Bowie also never wanted anything to do with Gaga, we all know the Grace Jones drama with the 'Doris has no soul' thing, and Beth Ditto called Gaga 'Madonna for kids' and so on.

Here are other not so kind comments:

“She models herself on Grace Jones and Madonna, but the music sounds like 20-year-old Ibiza music, you know? She’s not progressive, but she’s a good mimic. She sounds more like me than I ****ing do!” – M.I.A.

“It’s hard for me to talk about it; I’ve seen a couple of videos of hers, and not for very long. I stop watching them each time because I don’t think there’s melodies. I’m sorry to be negative…But to me, even if it’s popular, there is a quality in the music you have to be able to appreciate. And I don’t see it. Her melodies are very conventional.” – Michel Gondry

“I definitely like some of the outfits she’s worn. The music? It’s not my thing. I mean, I don’t judge it. One thing good about music is that you can have all sorts of music. You can have… easy-listening new age music…which actually is even bigger than Gaga! Classical music. You can have billions…” - Bjork

“She’s what I call a meteor — singers who entertain people for a while. Hey, there’s nothing wrong with that. But then there are people like Neil Young who show up at Glastonbury 40 years into their career. And that’s a very different kind of artist. The question is, will Lady Gaga be playing alongside Neil Young at Glastonbury in 20 years’ time? She wants to entertain people. Right now, half the world is depressed and they need to be entertained. So her timing’s perfect.” - Tori Amos

How do you guys feel about it? Do you think Gaga gets hurt by this?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M.I.A is Grace Jones level delusional

Idk Micheal Gonnorhea

Bjork is the Cher of experimental music (outlives plastic, with style), like do you even hear her stuff of course she isn't into Gaga's kind of pop

And idk Tori but she's still wrong and her last name is the name of a cookie company so unless she's associated with that idc

gagzus

I care more as to whether she's happy, making good music, tours etc & if the people around her professionally & personally make her happy but grounded.

The people who have said negative things about her are not played on radio, have not had a top ten hit in a long time, nor played on radio anymore and have not been relevant in the public eye for at least a decade & she's never been friends with them really so it doesn't bother me at all. 

The most notable person to diss her had to perform her song on tour and give her royalty checks in order to grasp some attention and the others throw disses to get a few articles or headlines i'm glad she can help the lessers 

PartySick

It's perfectly fine to be a critic imo, but to all the people dismissing her as a passing fad or some freak of nature culmination of past stars, they're 100% WRONG.

Grace Jones is the definition of wrong. Bjork and Tori Amos, I'd call them critics but it doesn't seem that they're detracting much from her. Just giving their opinions. 

🖤

SissyFromSpace

a few irrelevants doesn't outshine Gaga's universal support and love

R5yCztJ.jpg 

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Whispering

There are so many legends that have praised Gaga, that I can't worry about these few that don't care for her. :shrug:

We would need several pages if we posted all the praise from those in the music industry. 

The praise and positive comments FAR outweighs this small amount of bitterness and negativity! 

RAMROD

IDK, I only disagrees with Grace Jones cos the thing I got from her b---hing lately was bitter, desperation, and try hard to sell her newly published book.

The other opinions are just that opinions, and not that offensive.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Whispering

And idk Tori but she's still wrong and her last name is the name of a cookie company so unless she's associated with that idc

Wait! You are always talking about songwriting and you don't know who Tori Amos is? I'm genuinely shocked! 

Pierre

M.I.A. at the same level of Gags. :saladga: 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Gohan

Also, who's M.I.A. nowadays? The girl that showed her middle finger in the Super Bowl? Her music is only good when you take her vocals out of the instrumentals

tumblr_ndruv5xgxQ1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Zsolti

All irrelevant people.

Yes that includes Bjork.

Yes, you read that right, hipster gays.

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

Gohan

And Tori Amos' comment sounds as pressed as every other jealous girl that can't appreciate someone talented succeeding. Like, are you a fortune teller or what so you assume that she won't be having lasting touring/general success? Lmao :ghost:

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Archived