💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Madonna tarnish the message of Born This Way?

Bad Monster Kid

Featured Posts

Bad Monster Kid

I think this is a fair question. IMO her "reductive" comment and mashup on tour overshadowed what should have been a big moment for the LGBTQ community and for Gaga herself. I don't think people fully understand that she risked her career by putting out an album/song empowering the gay community WHILE at the absolute peak of her career. 

Do you guys think she tarnished BTW or was the damage already done at that point by the media and Madonnas fans?

(Please keep things civil and mature.)

SissyFromSpace

not only her but her bald fans too :rip: they made it into a "MVD0NNA D!D DIZ FIRST"

competition :rip:

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Phoenix

The comparison thing was just so ugly and negative and pointless, but you know madonna. 

💎

mariomania1234

Madonna didn't say anything about this until a year later. BTW had a great moment and is still recognized today. It's synonymous with Gaga.

The comparisons were SO EXTRA though. It barely sounded like Express Yourself. Roar/Brave sound more alike.

Sister

Absolutely Not! The song is huge and a great inspiration.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

GloZell Green

Literally that's the only attention she got that year. No one was praising her for her singles (if she had any at the time). In a way, it was her form of a publicity stunt.

Lady Gaga | Shakira

gagzus

Madonna was doing what she's been doing for a while now; following trends.

In 2012 shady and b---hy was the in thing for female celebrities and beefs and trolling was at it's peak online, so she followed the trends of being shady and it backfired since she would've had to have payed Gaga royalties every time she sang it on tour. So thanks for the help in paying Gaga's electricity bills sis i'm sure you'll know how expensive they are since you were around when we first got it.

Warholian

Tarnished it, yes, but probably gave it more attention and interest than it would've had. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

manicholic

I thought it tarnished Madonna's brand instead

That she mixed it with her song She's Not Me during MDNA tour

And that she continued to lie and not point out that Express Yourself is a total rip-off of Respect Yourself  by the staple singers

There's nothing harder for people to do than admit they were fooled.

crisTEAne

nope, BTW is critically acclaimed. :flutter: 

madonna's move was... disgusting. i'll never forgive her, tbh.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

LaLuna

Nah, I don't think so. It's not like she didn't try though... But despite all the backlash and comparisons, BTW still managed to be a huge hit. I think it's all water under the bridge and now people can appreciate the song for what it is, a very inspirational song. 

Princess Die

Tarnish? She flossed her ass with it as if it was a bath towel. :air: 

Stanky cover on her farewell tour imo.

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❀

AddMeOnMYSPACE

The song doesn't even sound like express yourself :confused: Theres lots of songs that sound alike but Gaga had it worst, I'm still pressed on how the media treated her. It was a positive message but everyone was too busy wanted a feud between the two. :madge:

Archived