Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Lady Gaga: "Of course" I would do another AHS season

Americano

Featured Posts

Americano

Lady-Gaga-Attends-American-Horror-Story-

As the glamorous, bloodthirsty Countess, Gaga sinks her teeth into the hit anthology alongside a cast of "AHS" regulars, including Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson.

The pop superstar told Access Hollywood at the "AHS: Hotel" premiere in Los Angeles over the weekend that she embraced the show's graphic content from the start.

Gaga is already known for her tendency to welcome artistic challenges – especially provocative ones – but playing the ruthless and s-xually liberal Hotel Cortez owner could show a side of the singer no one has seen before.

"They don't scare me, those scenes," she said of the Countess' dalliances, which reportedly include a deadly foursome with co-star Matt Bomer and a steamy tryst with Bassett.

"It's an opportunity to be fearless," she added.

Gaga went on to explain why she approached the role as objectively as she could, trying to avoid any self-consciousness along the way.

"In a strange way, I think I almost prefer to watch myself in a love scene, because I know that I have to be completely honest in order to achieve something that looks authentic and feels real," she said. "I'm trying to see that authenticity in myself all the time on film."

However, Gaga also pointed out the importance of remaining adaptable and open-minded on set.

"Sometimes, when you're thinking too much about things you plan them out and you're more robotic in your performance," she said.

The multi-threat hit the red carpet with her fiance, "Chicago Fire" star Taylor Kinney, whom she said has been a helpful sounding board as she embarks on this new phase of her career.

"I'm so happy that he's here and he's just been really supportive and teaching me everything that I could ever learn about TV," Gaga told Access of her longtime love and fellow actor.

It seems she's also found a good match in "AHS" mastermind Ryan Murphy. When asked if she would join the series for another season if offered, Gaga didn't hesitate.

"Of course I would," she said.

"American Horror Story: Hotel" premieres Wednesday at 10 PM ET/PT on FX.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/lady-gaga-on-her-american-horror-story-hotel-s-x-scenes-they-dont-scare-me_article_113287#B4UqiK2wWpzll06s.99

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flippy

Wednesday... Only 3 more days (Counting today) :giveup: I cannot wait!

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Harry

Hopefully it wouldn't get in the way of a new album cycle. If it happened at the same time as the LG5 campaign, I'd rather she only appeared in a few episodes as a guest star/supporting role. I'm very excited for AHS, but I'd much rather new music and a smooth era if I could choose.

If she releases in the first half of 2016, though, it could work out fine for her to be a lead again.

I'll reserve excitement until after I see her performance :koons2:

I'm a fan of her music and abilities as a performer. Obviously she doesn't owe me anything, and she should do what makes her happy but I hope any future roles doesn't impede on new music/tours

I'd love the Queen to cameo in AHS6 tho :giveup: Queen of TV

Oh yeah, cameo is fine, just not a full-time thing if it interferes with LG5 :giveup:

Saying that, she can do what she wants. She's on top of the world right now :applause:

Alien Tulip

Well then I guess her schedule is going to be very tight next year since she'll be promoting her next album while filming AHS 6.

Shadow

Bring it on! If they bring back Jessica Lange, it would be hot and spicy to watch Gaga with Jessica on set and scene.   :adam:

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Harry

Oh yeah, cameo is fine, just not a full-time thing if it interferes with LG5 :giveup:

Saying that, she can do what she wants. She's on top of the world right now :applause:

I mean if she was only scheduled in to film her lead role over a few weeks, she could probably do a couple episodes as a supporting role in literally like... a week, right? I guess it depends on how it suits the schedule of the rest of the cast/crew. We'll see, I suppose.

Harry

I hope she'll be back for season 6 ! (With Jessica Lange)

I still (maybe naively) think Jessica will show up for at least a cameo. I really hope I'm not wrong but I've just had this burning feeling ever since they announced she wouldn't be back :rip:

Archived