đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga is Hilarious

BricksNStrings

Featured Posts

BricksNStrings

Whenever people say Gaga is "pretentious" or takes herself too seriously, it makes me laugh. I feel like Gaga actually is very self aware and has a fantastic sense of humor relating to her art, many of which are actually pretty insightful from a comedic standpoint. Some examples:

- Shooting the Judas single cover with her cellphone for "texture". This is totally her poking fun at her perceived pretentiousness, while also making the single cover ITSELF look like an instagram post about the single cover.

- "Sleeping with Gaga" during her perfume launch. Clearly both referencing Warhol's sleep film, and also making fun of how celebrities "sleep" through cross promotional events like that.

- Singing Born This Way on the BTWB with a huge inflatable open set of legs that looked like a chicken.

- Giving herself the iconic teeth gap at the end of the Born This Way video RIGHT AFTER the Express Yourself controversy, then telling everyone it was because she was "bullied for her teeth when she was a child".

- Edge Sedgwick SwanGa in Applause.

- The "surreal mole" she wore during a lot of Born This Way, + turquoise armpit hair.

- Telling an interviewer "a big dick" was all she ever looks for in a man during an interview in Europe for The Fame.

There are many other examples

Warholian

She is a little pretentious though. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

AlphaMonster

She is pretentious about her art sometimes, not about herself. But I don't think her being pretentious about her art would disturb anyone... For 99% of the time, Gaga is very warm-hearted, and down to earth.

EDIT: "Built by TechHAUS, the technological branch of HAUS OF GAGA, the app itself is a musical and visual engineering system that combines music, art, fashion, and technology with a new interactive worldwide community — “the auras”. Altering the human experience with social media, we bring ARTculture into POP in a reverse Warholian expedition." lol

BitcherelIa

I think you're reading into these things, I don't see them that way... and I admit she can be a little stuck up sometimes.

She is a little pretentious though. 

when your girlfriend asks for some space........ :sharon:

PartySick

She's amazing tbh. It's sad when satire, humor, and pride are mistaken for being pretentious, a b---h, or uppity. 

đź–¤

Nicole

She is pretentious sometimes lol, that's not always necessarily bad - she's proud of her work and that's nothing to be shamed for. 

Chris Evans

When she talked about ARTPOP being a reverse Warholian experience it made PERFECT SENSE and yet monsters don't even know what that entire era meant bc they didn't bother to think about it

She said she knows she sounds like a pretentious asshole sometimes in this interview around the 2 minute mark haha listen to the conversation before that though it's the funniest Gaga moment I've heard

Only time I can recall Gaga taking herself way too seriously was durung the FAME launch + interviews. Otherwise she's funny and has a great personality. 

Alien Tulip

She can be very pretentious sometimes but its not necessarily a bad thing, just kinda...annoying? I even find it a bit funny at times like that one time during the artrave where she said people don't like ARTPOP because it was too creative :rip: like im sure she was joking when she said that but she said it in a serious tone and I just had to laugh. 

ChasingGhosts

I love her sense of humour! 

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

CannaeDrive

Saying Gaga is pretentious is typical of people confused about being well articulated and lectured, which Gaga is. She only has taken herself a bit too seriously sometimes during The Fame era.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Warholian

When she talked about ARTPOP being a reverse Warholian experience it made PERFECT SENSE and yet monsters don't even know what that entire era meant bc they didn't bother to think about it

She said she knows she sounds like a pretentious asshole sometimes in this interview around the 2 minute mark haha listen to the conversation before that though it's the funniest Gaga moment I've heard

I actually thought ARTPOP was by far her least pretentious time. She seriously understood exactly what she was talking about and was obviously experienced. Before I just found her trying to make sense of things that really were just mindless pop into something far beyond itself. In ARTPOP she actually was pursuing projects that actually fit her own perception on what she was doing. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Archived