💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Rodeo (album) by Travi$ Scott out now

Judas Oyster

Featured Posts

Judas Oyster

Not sure if I'm the only Travi$ Scott fan in this forum (I hope not) but he just released his long-awaited first studio album 'Rodeo' :wao: So I decided to make this thread in case there are some people here who appreciate him too. I've been waiting too long for this tbh.

Rodeo-Deluxe.jpg

(That's the deluxe album cover, and it's a handcrafted action figure, more info about the figure and the designer here: http://www.complex.com/style/2015/08/travis-scott-action-figure-maker-dan-chung))

The lead single was/is '3500' which was released June 10th. He also released 'Antidote' (which he is making a video for now) for free some months ago and wasn't meant to be included on the album, but he changed his mind. Features in the album are diverse: Kanye West, The Weeknd, Justin Bieber, Young Thug, Swae Lee (from Rae Sremmurd), T.I., Juicy J, 2 Chainz, Future, Quavo, Chief Keef, Schoolboy Q, Toro Moi, and an uncredited female singer sounding like SZA on the second part of 'Ok Alright'.

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/4PWBTB6NYSKQwfo79I3prg 
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/rodeo-deluxe/id1031530485

My thoughts on the album after first listening:

It's too soon to rate it, I need to listen to it more times but as of the first listening I rate it 75 out of 100. Sadly enough I was expecting something even better. He does keep it real and you can hear the theme about Houston throughout the whole album. Some of the songs are really good, but at the same time it is pretty low key in terms of what he is known for, experimentation and loudness. I just keep comparing it to his mixtapes and I prefer them. The instrumentals are much stronger and his flow is more explosive than here.

Songs I really did appreciate though are: 90210, Pray 4 Love, Nightcrawler, Impossible and Never Catch Me.

I also have to say I was really looking forward to hear the song with Kanye and I'm disappointed. It didn't fit the album and felt as a random song in it. Kanye's verses felt like revived verses from Black Skinhead and sound repetitive too. Altought the bass was good, it's grunge/garage sound felt a little bit off the theme of the album and it was only roughly 3 minutes, which is too short in comparison of the rest of the songs duration. It felt like some kind of interlude in the album instead of a proper song. Also, too bad Kid Cudi didn't make the album :cry:

So, what are your thoughts on it? :) Did you like it better than his mixtapes Owl Pharaoh and Days Before Rodeo?

venusian

im in love with the album, you can tell he put alot of effort into it and it paid off

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

Judas Oyster

im in love with the album, you can tell he put alot of effort into it and it paid off

Good you liked it so much! That is true. I hope it grows on me the next days. Which did u specially like? :)

venusian

Good you liked it so much! That is true. I hope it grows on me the next days. Which did u specially like? :)

'ok alright' is my number one rn but i love the entire album

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

Judas Oyster

'ok alright' is my number one rn but i love the entire album

I loved the second part but didn't really like the first part :koons:

Who's the girl singing tho'?

Archived