💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Wildest Dreams MV accused of being RACIST.

SlaeUrAnus

Featured Posts

SlaeUrAnus

Criticised for being 'racist' and based on a 'glamorous white colonial fantasy' of Africa.

Taylor Swift's latest music video is being battered by critics who claim it is racist and pandering to 'rich white fantasies' from a colonial era.  

The video for Wildest Dreams, which was revealed during the MTV VMA Awards coverage on Sunday, has a mainly white cast and revolves around two 1950s-era movie stars - played by Swift and Gran Torino actor Scott Eastwood - filming in Africa.

There are only two black actors, who play soldiers, and they appear in the background. The mock film crew are white. 

Director Joseph Khan insists the video is a 'love story' and has no political agenda. But music fans have rushed to Twitter to describe it as 'colonial garbage'. 

NPR's Viviane Rutabingwa, who has an African heritage, said: 'We are shocked to think that in 2015, Taylor Swift, her record label and her video production group would think it was OK to film a video that presents a glamorous version of the white colonial fantasy of Africa.'

She added: 'Swift's music is entertaining for many. She should absolutely be able to use any location as a backdrop. But she packages our continent as the backdrop for her romantic songs devoid of any African person or storyline, and she sets the video in a time when the people depicted by Swift and her co-stars killed, dehumanized and traumatized millions of Africans. 

'That is beyond problematic.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3220003/Taylor-Swift-s-Wildest-Dreams-video-slammed-racist-based-glamorous-white-colonial-fantasy.html#ixzz3kcX5XuK7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MESS! :saladga: 

You know **** is real when it is front page on the Daily Mail. 

In my messy era.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still shocked at how absolutely stunning the video was! This era really solidified Taylor as a pop icon. 

:applause:

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Can you guys please respect that some people consider this racist instead of criticizing the article this time? People are so willfully ignorant when it comes to race discussions on this site..

I have to say, the essays coming our way are going to be interesting :lana:

who will love me when the night is over

PicklePower

What isn't "racist" anymore? 

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

Riot Poof

I KNEW Taylor was gonna be called racist as soon as I heard that it was gonna take place in Africa.

She just needs to stay away from anything that could be tied to people of color. It never ends well for her.

Once the SJWs are done roasting Miley, they will find their new target in "Wildest Dreams." It's a miracle that I've yet to see any criticism of "Wildest Dreams" on Tumblr.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Haroon

What :duck: I just saw it as 2 actors in whichever decade filming a movie :shrug: It may have been set in a time where all of that bad stuff happened, but that doesn't mean that it has to be about or include those occurrences, especially when it's literally just about 2 actors not getting their happy ending :sweat: 

Is it even racist?

All I see are two movie stars that fall in love with each other while filming a movie in the middle of a safari where I'm sure there would be no residents.

Seems like everything revolves around racism these days.

Evan Peters

was the region/country of africa specified? bc there's a lot of white people in the southern region. 

emma roberts is an abuser

SlaeUrAnus

Is it even racist?

All I see are two movie stars that fall in love with each other while filming a movie in the middle of a safari where I'm sure there would be no residents.

Seems like everything revolves around racism these days.

It is based on the safari adventure films during the mid 20th Century I think.

In my messy era.

Archived