💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Rihanna an example of why people hate on pop?

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

Is Rihanna an example of why many people hate on pop? I mean, she has zero input in her production and songwriting (she has hundreds of people writing for her), no true connection to her songs, and as soon as she flops she wants to go back to making mainstream hits for fear of lacking success.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlaeUrAnus

Not really.

Many people hate on pop because of its mainstream background, it is mostly basic and is constantly on radio. There are many pop artists that write, produce and have relatable connections in their songs e.g. Gaga, Adele and even sometimes Katy.

In my messy era.

swordstalker

People do say that but, but I think the main reason is that they think that pop songs have a certain sameness and lack of complexity to them: "they all sound the same", "they sound so manufactured", "pop music is so basic". 

Jesse Pinkman

There's nothing wrong With that if that's what You want to do. I always looked at her as an entertainer (that's very debatable), and not an artist whatsoever. My issue with her is this whole fake new sound she tried to do and her claiming "oh my work is so artistic!!! Paul McCartney, Kanye West!!! American Oxygen1!!11!"

And its like girl stop it. You don't have an atristic bone in your body. Nobody buying it. And she didn't even have the decency to stand by her lie. As soon as she flopped, she scrapped her album and hired 1000 writers to pen hits for her. That's not what an "artist" does. Despicable.

It's science, bitch

swordstalker

People do say that but, but I think the main reason is that they think that pop songs have a certain sameness and lack of complexity to them: "they all sound the same", "they sound so manufactured", "pop music is so basic", etc

Oops I messed up this edit. How do I delete a post :emma: 

Not really.

Many people hate on pop because of its mainstream background, it is mostly basic and is constantly on radio. There are many pop artists that write, produce and have relatable connections in their songs e.g. Gaga, Adele and even sometimes Katy.

But that is not Rihanna

No one outside of pop forums cares who wrote and produced :smh: 

They don't specifically go looking for the producers. My point is that Rihanna personifies why people hate or undermine pop.

FATCAT

People don't hate pop music because of writing credits, they hate pop music because of its trends/lack luster quality. I wouldn't say that Rihanna is an example of anything hate-based. Most of the people that dislike her are pop-culture enthusiasts who keep up with writing credits/forums.

Purr more, hiss less.

Bloody

What it matters is to enjoy the music at the end of the day.

I enjoy her music so I don't want to a--lyze it so much. :sweat:

xcVkhf9.gif

After 7 albums, I think she can and must write at least one song.. I think she's simply lazy and wants a quick money..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Jesse Pinkman

To answer your question, I don't think most of the GP  care about writing/producing unless it pertains to certain genres such as hip-hop and rock.

Most people hate on pop music because they find it basic, mind-numbing, and "girly."

It's science, bitch

Sugarfall

But that is not Rihanna

They don't specifically go looking for the producers. My point is that Rihanna personifies why people hate or undermine pop.

I know you're gonna twist your and my words to make a point so idk why I'm responding, but how can Rihanna personify it when nobody knows/cares what she does besides singing? 

Archived