💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

How would you cast as Catwoman?

JusKeepBreathin

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

It's really not a black or white thing with CatWoman. Honestly the way she is currently drawn she looks like she could have a mixture of Black, White, Latino...even some Asian. I think its great that she is drawn that way. I think anyone from any culture could play her these days. My favorite Catwomans are Michelle Pfieffer and Eartha Kit. Only because they both steal every scene they are in. Both of them made Catwoman iconic. As big of a fan as I am of Anne. She didnt really steal the movie away from Batman the way MP did, but she wasn't really written that well so you can't really blame her. The other actresses that have played the role have been good but not great. I know Halle Berry was not the best representation of Catwoman but the director and writers really screwed up that movie. Two Academy Award wining actresses, Benjamine Bratt and that movie was still horrible. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came in here to say Azealia Banks, but I'm kind of loving the idea of Rihanna playing her too :flutter:

Thank goodness you guys are not movie executives... Any solo Catwoman movie in the new DC Universe or any chance of Catwoman in general in the new DC Universe would be destroyed with your casting picks 

JusKeepBreathin

Thank goodness you guys are not movie executives... Any solo Catwoman movie in the new DC Universe or any chance of Catwoman in general in the new DC Universe would be destroyed with your casting picks 

LOL I think your choice is still good, but she needs a good script. I don't think she had a lot to work with in terms of script.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

It's really not a black or white thing with CatWoman. Honestly the way she is currently drawn she looks like she could have a mixture of Black, White, Latino...even some Asian. I think its great that she is drawn that way. I think anyone from any culture could play her these days. My favorite Catwomans are Michelle Pfieffer and Eartha Kit. Only because they both steal every scene they are in. Both of them made Catwoman iconic. As big of a fan as I am of Anne. She didnt really steal the movie away from Batman the way MP did, but she wasn't really written that well so you can't really blame her. The other actresses that have played the role have been good but not great. I know Halle Berry was not the best representation of Catwoman but the director and writers really screwed up that movie. Two Academy Award wining actresses, Benjamine Bratt and that movie was still horrible. 

are you referring to the new 52 series Catwoman? Because she clearly does not look like a mix of Latino white Asian black or whatever you mentioned... She very distinctly looks Caucasian and perhaps of Eastern European descent....  Anyways the Halle Berry Catwoman did not respect the Catwoman universe created by DC. I don't consider the Julie Newmar/Eartha Kitt Catwomen as real Catwoman because Catwoman IS Selina Kyle. To nail Catwoman you need to nail Selina Kyle. Michelle Pfieffer was campy and that worked in the early 90's, it won't work now. DC movies have a dark, serious, and realistic tone to them. Anne Hathaway is the only actress to play both Selina/Catwoman well.... Critics and audiences agreed that while DKR was a little lackluster, Anne did well for her part. I'm not saying Anne should be cast again but it should be someone of that same caliber and talent.

JusKeepBreathin

are you referring to the new 52 series Catwoman? Because she clearly does not look like a mix of Latino white Asian black or whatever you mentioned... She very distinctly looks Caucasian and perhaps of Eastern European descent....  Anyways the Halle Berry Catwoman did not respect the Catwoman universe created by DC. I don't consider the Julie Newmar/Eartha Kitt Catwomen as real Catwoman because Catwoman IS Selina Kyle. To nail Catwoman you need to nail Selina Kyle. Michelle Pfieffer was campy and that worked in the early 90's, it won't work now. DC movies have a dark, serious, and realistic tone to them. Anne Hathaway is the only actress to play both Selina/Catwoman well.... Critics and audiences agreed that while DKR was a little lackluster, Anne did well for her part. I'm not saying Anne should be cast again but it should be someone of that same caliber and talent.

IMO the new 52 cat woman looks multicultural. However I do agree she can't be as cartoonish as MP or EK in todays DC film universe and it will take a very good actress to play the subtleties of her character without overacting and a very good director to capture those subtleties. I think Rihanna's look is very similar to the new 52 Catwoman, but her acting isn't there yet. I think Grace Gealey could also pull it off. She looks so close the the picture of the Catwoman I posted. Its like they drew her. I don't think Halle was ever the right choice for the role. She doesn't embody any of the qualities that Catwoman has or Storm. I with they had made Selina with the short hair in The DKR. IT would have been cool to see that. There is a reason she covers up her hair to be cat burglar. No DNA. 

Archived