Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was "Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz" Miley's attempt at ARTPOP?

Gianni Versace

Featured Posts

Gianni Versace

Before you stone me, I really appreciate ARTPOP as a concept and I think that there were some truly genius material and it had some true strokes of genius.

That being said, "Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz" was everything I personally was expecting to get out of ARTPOP based on how Gaga described it:

- The album is very experimental, raw, and in your face. 

- The album is hypnotic- it captivates and puts listeners in a trance.

- The album was released for free, a true "Music Not The Bling" statement.

- There is clearly a lot of abrasive art in the album. Even based off of the 3 minute video she first released, you could tell that she's embracing vulgarity as an art form.

Do you think Miley Cyrus' new album is the closest the GP has come to an album that meets all the criteria that ARTPOP was suspected to have? Please read the OP before you comment and don't just comment with one word answers. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could say that it was definitely Miley's ARTPOP. Next stop, a jazz album with her daddy Billy ray.

00026 † 10000

Ray of Light

No, because her ARTPOP could mean anything. Haven't you listened to Gaga for the past goddamn 4 years. 

GagaUnderYou

I could say that it was definitely Miley's ARTPOP

Miley's new album isn't even worthy to be released on a CD how dare you diss ARTPOP 

JusticeforVenus

maybe Gaga knew about the surprise release and thats why she tweeted about ARTPOP.... she must be happy :wtfga: cuz miley now is free 

Gianni Versace

Not even Gaga herself knows what ARTPOP was supposed to be. 

But, based on how she described it, do you think that Miley's album comes close to fitting that description? 

PartySick

In theory? Yes :yes: 

In substance (as far as the music goes)...kinda :sweat: 

It's like ARTPOP but with no electronic music and it's free so more true to the literal interpretation of "music, not the bling" :yes: 

🖤

PartySick

Not even Gaga herself knows what ARTPOP was supposed to be. 

Anything, obviously :nick: 

🖤

Koreku

Yes. If 2012ga put out her album for free online somewhere, we would very much expect to hear experimental material like we hear in Miley's new album. Totally faded/drunk, venting out and singing with raw vocals. 

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

DrewStevens

But, based on how she described it, do you think that Miley's album comes close to fitting that description? 

She described ARTPOP differently more than 4 times. It could be like this album or like BEYONCE. Who knows

Katsuki Bakugo

I think this is her David Bowie meets Lana Del Rey moment. - The moment in her career where she finally does things right by being herself. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Archived