💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Caitlyn Jenner wants "normal" relationship with a man

GHGUY

Featured Posts

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/caitlyn-jenner-would-like-normal-relationship-127725910810.html

i don't like how she described wanting a "normal" relationship... It feels like she's implying that a relationship is only normal if between a man and a woman.

I'm gay and I feel like she's implying any relationship I have with another man is not normal.

I hope this was taken out of context or she meant something else.

But besides that good for her! Happy that she's finally getting to act and be the way she wants. Good luck! I just think if she wants to feel like a woman then she doesn't have to be with a man to feel that way. I say this because she previously stated she was not into men and has onto been with women. But if she changed her mind and wants to be with men then good for her!

sorry if OP

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Melech

What the heck is "normal"? :awkney:

I hope she doesn't mean "normal" about the genders in a relationship. 

At first, her activism was a little more intelligent, and the exposure to the cause is nice, but she's embarrassing herself on a large public platform the longer she goes on talking about this. You shouldn't be speaking like this when you've put yourself in a position to represent a community you've just begun to integrate yourself info! She needs to learn a bit more in private before she spews ignorant comments and thoughts out like this on television.

Even I'm embarrassed by comments I made about trans topics back when I first started learning about them!

This is a word of advice to you guys: If you want to listen to someone who has an honest and extensive knowledge of transgender topics along with personal experience, look up Janet Mock. She's so much more respectable.

Interesting how Caitlyn was straight, then ace just a few months ago. She shouldn't perpetuate this idea that women/transwomen need men to feel feminine. I get the sentiment, and I feel that it's a plus for me as a woman to be attracted to men because I do feel more feminine that way, but being in a relationship with a man does not inherently increase your femininity.

Quasi

I thought she stated before she still was attracted to women? Did she not say that in the Diane Sawyer interview?? :confused:

edit: I don't think she's implying a man-woman relationship is the only "normal" relationship. I think what she's trying to say is that she wants a relationship with a man with no one questioning the integrity of it. By "normal", I think she means she doesn't want it to be questioned or criticized just because she's transgender.

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Supersonic

Wow did you even watch the clip attached to it? She literally said in context to her being trans. She doesn't want a relationship that's really uncomfortable and hypersensitive because she is trans, she wants to be treated like any normal woman on the street and wants a normal relationship.

Supersonic

Y'all are just desperately waiting to put something out of context without even checking if it's right when the evidence is right before your nose? That's sad.

LeoFameMonster

yes and doing a reality show will totally help with that ugh :lana: the contradiction is real

Bette Davis

Who doesn't want a normal relationship? She's not referring to gender or s-xuality in any way at all :rip:

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

I'm almost positive she means she wants to have a relationship with a man that's not centered around her being transgender. Which means she wants to date a heteros-xual male who sees her for the woman she is and isn't weirded out or fixated on the fact that she is transgender.

I doubt Caitlyn would say that homos-xuality isn't normal. She is apart of the LGBT community around the world and I know she is not meaning to say what the OP thinks.

VenusBlackStar

"When Boylan asked her to explain that, Jenner replied, “That you would be treated like a normal woman. ... Like any other woman on the street and not make it this big trans thing or this or that. Just a normal relationship.”

Boylan told Jenner that she shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that seeing a man will make her more of a woman. “You are a normal woman today. A man is not ... you don’t need a man to make you a woman. ... It’s a thing that women do. We look to men to give us self-worth. I think now that you’re in the sisterhood, you have gone through such trouble to become a woman. Don’t be a stupid one. Be a smart one.”

I'm taking the "normal" to be like without the relationship being defined by the transition constantly or the man seeing her as a man who transitioned. I can't imagine how difficult that would be, though.

i don't like how she described wanting a "normal" relationship... It feels like she's implying that a relationship is only normal if between a man and a woman.

I'm gay and I feel like she's implying any relationship I have with another man is not normal.

I'm gay too, but I don't think that's what she's implying. My friend and I discuss transgender realities often, and we find difficulty trying to figure out where s-xuality comes into play, like if you're a man who transitions into a woman, you could still like women, which I guess makes you a lesbian post-transition, but a straight man pre-transition?? And vice versa. I think it could go either way. It's still a really complex idea to me, though.

Y'all are just desperately waiting to put something out of context without even checking if it's right when the evidence is right before your nose? That's sad.

The issue I have with her is that she supposedly identifies as as-xual after saying she was attracted to women, and unless she's genuinely attracted to men (or heteroromantic), she's essentially saying she wants to have a relationship with a man purely for the purpose of fueling her femininity, which doesn't really sit right with me.

Not to mention the announcement of a relationship would very conveniently guarantee her a spot in the headlines for a little longer!

Well, hopefully she can find the right partner!

Also, I don't believe she is saying that a relationship is only normal when it is between a man and a woman, but rather that she wants a simple and serious relationship without too much drama. Isn't that what most of us are looking for? :shrug: 

Edit: Caitlyn has been hiding her whole life, it is perfectly normal that right now is the time where she really gets to know herself. Coming to terms with who you are is a never ending process.

Archived