Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does Gaga remind you a bit of Debbie Harry / Blondie?

lego

Featured Posts

H3eMGmY.jpg

mUB8nUn.jpg

LLxsN00.jpg

What do you think she thinks of Gaga? Would some sort of collaboration or cover of one of her songs be a good idea?

FreePalestine

Head Empty

I haven't really watched her in interviews, but I surely have been hoping for LG5 to sound like prime Blondie :flutter:. And those quotes seem to really match Gaga's point of view :yes:

mariahcarey-idon'tknowher.gif

:excuseu:

Also check 'The Tide is High', 'Call Me' and 'Atomic' (some of their best known work).

KooKoo

What do you think she thinks of Gaga? Would some sort of collaboration or cover of one of her songs be a good idea?

Debbie has said in a couple of interviews that she really likes gaga.  Gaga even interviewed her for Harpers Bazaar a few years ago

Dreaming is free

Debbie has said in a couple of interviews that she really likes gaga.  Gaga even interviewed her for Harpers Bazaar a few years ago

omg where have I been? :rip: 

can you give me links please?

FreePalestine

KooKoo

omg where have I been? :rip: 

can you give me links please?

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/news/a771/lady-gaga-interviews-debbie-harry-blondie-0911/

Dreaming is free

Bette Davis

Yes, and I adore Debbie :flirt:

Without her music wouldn't be the same :flutter:

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

The Child

Isn't she the singer of One Way Or Another? If so, I love her and would love a collab tbh, Gaga needs (well she technically doesn't need to do anything lol) to do some unexpected collabs, but it's my opinion, you can disagree. :hunty:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

that interview is everything :giveup: 

"LG: It's hard to make records that you are happy with artistically and then be aware that you have a record label and it must be commercially sold."

"LG: So are you aware of your legacy thus far? Do you have a perception of how the world views you?

DH: On my humble side, I feel like I'm an idea whose time had come, that it was inevitable. On my egotistical side, I know how stubborn and how committed I was to presenting an image--because I come from a time when women were less outspoken, and they had to follow along and not be as individual.

LG: So it's very personal for you. For me, you are the most legendary woman in rock. Your stamp on the universe opened a door for women, who now can create pop music that exists in a sort of rock sense. In that "I'm beautiful, but I'll kick your ass" kind of way.

DH: I can't really afford to walk around thinking that I was responsible for all of that. It would probably be too much for me. I'll just say that it was the only way that I could live with myself." 

"LG: The first three albums I made were all inspired by this one club in New York where we would all hang out and drink beer and spin heavy-metal records one night a week. Whenever I don't have time to go back to New York, I get this suffocating feeling, like the world is spinning way too fast and I need to go back. That sort of culture is not really alive anymore, and what makes you so brilliant is that you never really let it go. When I met you, you were Debbie Harry, you know? You weren't some new, modern version of yourself who had changed. I felt like I was meeting the woman I always looked up to. So thank you for inspiring me to make music and stay true to myself and always go back to that one club that gives me every source of inspiration that I could ever dream of [laughs]. I'm going to go scream now in the other room with all my friends about how I just got to talk to you for almost an hour.

DH: I'm inspired by you. I wanted you to know that because people have asked me repeatedly, "What do you think of Gaga?" One of the first times that question was asked, I thought for a minute and I said, "She encourages me."

Queen stanning for a Queen

:cryga: 

FreePalestine

KooKoo

"OOPS! WE DON'T HAVE THE PAGE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR." :cryga: 

edit: the new link works now thank you!

You're welcome.  I think mainly it talks about Blondie's album at the time, but great interview.

Dreaming is free

KooKoo

Isn't she the singer of One Way Or Another? If so, I love her and would love a collab tbh, Gaga needs (well she technically doesn't need to do anything lol) to do some unexpected collabs, but it's my opinion, you can disagree. :hunty:

Yes, she is

Dreaming is free

The Child

Yes, she is

Flawless :legend:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived