đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

The Weeknd - BBTM

Kattys

Featured Posts

AyaKara

I always listen to albums start to finish, too! I have for years, I don't skip around at all. The album itself just doesn't flow right for me. I do think that the second half of the album is much better made than the first half.

I agree that Often and Earned It shouldn't have been on there. However, without them, the album would be lackluster since they're both standouts.

I have read that interview, but even then, it doesn't sound like he tried to make his music all that accessible except for CFMF. It almost feels like CFMF was the 'pull' to get people on, but I can only hope that these new fans listen to Trilogy and Kissland and don't drop him just because of how BBTM sounds.

I'm very open-minded with music (Bjork is my third fave :flop: ). His darkness is still there, but it's hidden within bland lyrics and sounds . . . I've listened to the album at least ten times in the past week and I still feel this way, even knowing almost all of the lyrics  :giveup: I like the idea of Tell Your Friends but something about it is 'off'. I love the video though, and I love the story he's been telling through the BBTM videos so far.

I'm still a fan no matter what, but I think he could've made something better. He didn't have to sacrifice quality to reach out to more people -- his previous music did on its own, and if it had been marketed like it is now, he'd most likely be even more huge than he is right now (seeing that's what he's aiming for).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PicklePower

What's the next single? 

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

Bradley

Oh i thought they covered BBHMM - time to sleep i guess :awkney: 

Who's that p0rn star in your avi?

OT: I haven't listened to the entire album, gonna do so. I'm just so freaking busy.

Judas Oyster

What's the next single? 

It isn't confirmed yet but I'm 95% sure it'll be In The Night (they are already filming the music video too, so...)

PicklePower

It isn't confirmed yet but I'm 95% sure it'll be In The Night (they are already filming the music video too, so...)

That's good. Prisoner would probably do better, but oh well. 

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

Judas Oyster

Oh, good then :) True, true. Maybe not thaaaat hard, but I think he tried enough but still managed to stay true to himself as an artist (at least lyric wise). Specially with the more clean and repetitive lyrics he's been using for these new songs tho', it's just like an alternate side of him. I feel it's like Gaga, compromising from time to time.

Haha, well I think most of these new fans won't like much of his earlier works tbh :green: But Wicked Games and High For This have actually surfaced to a film and a TV spot these days, so, some "new fans" like it at least tho' :flutter:

I see :/ I feel Tell Your Friends becomes a little monotone after the first minutes. I had been expecting a sick experimental beat form West, but oh well :P

Yeah, that's the thing I don't understand so much and I don't like. I think he is real saying that he do it for the money now and I guess he tried to do as much he could to listen to other people to guide him on what they think would work for this album... I don't like that at all. And find it sad that he wasn't just happy with doing what he was doing before even tho' he had many "underground" fans :wtf:  Perhaps he wanted to try out what Nicki tried? Make some big pop tunes, rock that off, get a stack of millions and then go back (most of the time in her The Pinkprint) to her core again.

Don't worry, hopefully the next album will be better! He's just experimenting with his style now :hug:

Judas Oyster

yeah i think it will stabilize in 70-75 

I was expecting a little more after him trying to make Pop :wtf:

I was expecting a little more after him trying to make Pop :wtf:

nnn thats the other way around

youll get more critical praise if you make something toehr than pop

its a miracle for a pop album to get a 80+ (only pop albums that come to my mind are madonna-celebration/confessions on the dance floor/music (and like a prayer would have been 92 if it wasnt released so long ago (ray of light with 87))) 

70-75 is amazing for a pop album

Judas Oyster

nnn thats the other way around

youll get more critical praise if you make something toehr than pop

its a miracle for a pop album to get a 80+ (only pop albums that come to my mind are madonna-celebration/confessions on the dance floor/music (and like a prayer would have been 92 if it wasnt released so long ago (ray of light with 87))) 

70-75 is amazing for a pop album

Oh that's good then! :) *checking what Kiss Land got*

65 by 31 reviews, hm.

Pharamon

Who's that p0rn star in your avi?

OT: I haven't listened to the entire album, gonna do so. I'm just so freaking busy.

p0rn star? hahahahahaha thats (just) me lol xD

Bradley

p0rn star? hahahahahaha thats (just) me lol xD

I'm so sorry hottie. I thought you were Aliii the other member. :emma:

Archived