💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Writers are still writing songs for R8

Spock

Featured Posts

:emma:  So you ARE from ATRL. Is the education from there working in your favor? must be because you seem like a bitter-bottom b---h ass flea. I also see that you are hating on ARTPOP that was and still is valuable to her, you're underestimating her ability hunty , and as I said before, it's Friday, chill...

"fried chicken fried chicken I really like dat wiv my bacon"

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly the idea of a writing camp sounds kinda exciting! We all know it's not Rihanna writing her songs, so knowing there's a team behind the project gives me hope there'll be a certain consistency, a concept, creative vision, a shared theme, whatever you want to call it, as opposed to a collection of seemingly random songs

I think it's rather dull.
I don't believe that creativity can be forced during a certain time slot. I hate the idea of people being paid to go and come up with whatever ideas they have.
Music should be written over time, when the inspiration calls for it.

Kabexuela

Good God, talk about not aiming for full control of her career, of ha carreahhhh...touch me, touch me don't be sweet?

Kabexuela

Honestly the idea of a writing camp sounds kinda exciting! We all know it's not Rihanna writing her songs, so knowing there's a team behind the project gives me hope there'll be a certain consistency, a concept, creative vision, a shared theme, whatever you want to call it, as opposed to a collection of seemingly random songs

:what: 

Whispering

did I ever say that? you keep missing the point.

This is what you said: 

"Many of the worlds greatest singers throughout history never wrote their own stuff."

And that is correct. I agree with you, that many of the worlds greatest singers throughout time did not write their own music...but, they brought the best vocals in the world (at that time) to those songs written for them. That's not what Rihanna is doing in this current situation. What does Rihanna have to do with a Whitney Houston or Celine Dion type artist? 

soundwave

NAWT when Gaga has 20 co-writers on ARTPOP alone rip_zpsec10ede9.gif

Actually, Gaga is the only song writer credited on ARTPOP. DJWS, Madeon, Zedd, Nick Monson and Dino Zisis are all credited with songwriting, but are strictly producers. 

Fiona Apple

I do like her music, but you are right I won't stan until she writes a song on her own.

I like her singles a lot.. Her albums not so much

Caesium

Good night but please do not call Dominic dumb because b---h please I can assure you Dominic is as bright as the diamonds in the sky and before you're like they dim, they'll always be brighter than your future good night ❀ 

The absolute over reaction :lmao:Did I even call ha dumb? No. I'd seriously consider picking up a textbook if you believe there are diamonds in the sky, there's a thing called a star :rofl:. And resorting to attacking my own life? :rofl: I know you're new but if you're gonna try drag at least try and do it properly, not that weak paragraph. I really couldn't care less about what some 8 hour old member thinks about my future, I mean did you make an account just to contribute to this argument? You can go back to liking your friends posts now. I'd show you the PITS but I can't afford the WPs :rofl: Stay out of my notifications.

:emma:  So you ARE from ATRL. Is the education from there working in your favor? must be because you seem like a bitter-bottom b---h ass flea. I also see that you are hating on ARTPOP that was and still is valuable to her, you're underestimating her ability hunty , and as I said before, it's Friday, chill...

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. Either way it doesn't matter. I'm not hating on ARTPOP at all, I like the album, but I'm not delusional enough to say Gaga wrote it all herself and unlike you I can accept that :rofl: And it's Saturday morning where I am, I'm revitalised and ready to GO. You and Who can go back to f*cking now that I'm through with you. Seethe.

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

This is what you said: 

"Many of the worlds greatest singers throughout history never wrote their own stuff."

And that is correct. I agree with you, that many of the worlds greatest singers throughout time did not write their own music...but, they brought the best vocals in the world (at that time) to those songs written for them. That's not what Rihanna is doing in this current situation. What does Rihanna have to do with a Whitney Houston or Celine Dion type artist? 

Just because she isn't the world's greatest singer doesn't mean her artistry is valueless, though. Rihanna has one of the most distinctive and recognizable voices in music. She also alternates between an R&B/trap sound and pop, the fusion of which has garnered her a few consistent topics in her songwriting and a bit of a niche there that works as a defining point of her music. Rihanna is an irreplaceable commodity because of the uniqueness of her voice. Not to mention her beauty and overall marketability to different music sectors. She has a polygamous marriage to the pop and urban scenes at all times.

Whispering

Just because she isn't the world's greatest singer doesn't mean her artistry is valueless, though. Rihanna has one of the most distinctive and recognizable voices in music. She also alternates between an R&B/trap sound and pop, the fusion of which has garnered her a few consistent topics in her songwriting and a bit of a niche there that works as a defining point of her music. Rihanna is an irreplaceable commodity because of the uniqueness of her voice. Not to mention her beauty and overall marketability to different music sectors. She has a polygamous marriage to the pop and urban scenes at all times.

I didn't say she didn't have a good voice or interesting voice...just that she can't be compared to the "best vocalists in the world" when referring to people like Whitney Houston or Celine Dion back in the day. 

Rihanna is an artist with a good (not the best in the world) voice that ended up with excellent songs written for her. 

I didn't say she didn't have a good voice or interesting voice...just that she can't be compared to the "best vocalists in the world" when referring to people like Whitney Houston or Celine Dion back in the day. 

Rihanna is an artist with a good (not the best in the world) voice that ended up with excellent songs written for her. 

True, it seemed as if you were implicating that an artist with no writing talent only has value if their strength is in singing primarily, whereas Rihanna doesn't write but doesn't have particularly astonishing vocal talent. It's like Britney in the sense that her voice is unique (and the added plus of her amazing dancing ability during her peak).

some people understand some dont :applause: 

It was more of a rhetorical question. More as a comment on how many pop artists through history have been singing other persons texts and have been receiving so much popularity for it. As a whole "artist".

Yet some of the true artists that really do have almost total creative control with what they are doing are actually praised too but in a deserved way thru' history. It's just funny to see how our generation showcases ghostwriting (or in-your-face I'm not writing my own lyrics to my own song) as a normal thing. It shouldn't be a normal/OK thing IMO.

This has been the standard throughout musical history.

Singers writing their own material is a very recent thing. It didn't start being the norm until the 60s. Until then, it was expected that singers sang and songwriters wrote. There's no reason whatsoever to expect that someone talented at singing would be talented at writing a song. Or that someone who wrote great songs would be a good singer.

Frank Sinatra, Nina Simone, Elvis, Dinah Washington, Olivia Newton John, Whitney Houston, and other successful singers never wrote their own material. But nobody criticizes them for it because a) they were recognized as singers, not "artists" and b) their songwriters delivered good songs. Broadway and opera singers aren't expected to write their own scores and libretti, lmao, and it shouldn't be any different for popular music. A singer than can write is the exception, not the rule. And that's nothing to be ashamed of.

I swear, some of you want songwriters to stay unemployed. If you don't have a good voice, well, go find another industry because songwriting for someone else is apparently shameful! Better for a singer to write crappy music than release good songs written by someone else. Or worse - for them to steal credit from actual songwriters so they can pretend they write.

monketsharona

Actually, Gaga is the only song writer credited on ARTPOP. DJWS, Madeon, Zedd, Nick Monson and Dino Zisis are all credited with songwriting, but are strictly producers. 

talking about it I always wondered who are Dino Zisis and Nick Monson :lmao:

Archived