💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Writers are still writing songs for R8

Spock

Featured Posts

Katsuki Bakugo

Wtf Rihanna? What has she been doing the past 2 or 3 years? Still love her though! :emma:

Writing camps? Can I join that?

Let us both join!

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon

They've been writing for so long, is R8 going to be 50 tracks or something? :giveup: 

Oh and I have no problem with artists not writing their lyrics, it's not the be all and end all for me at all :shrug: 

TimisaMonster

Doe she have no shame that she's doing nothing while her writing team is stressing trying to get the album done?

I simply can't STAND people who don't write their own music... Just irritates me and tells me you're lazy and don't know how to express yourself :saladga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

The Child

This is why I laugh whenever Rihanna referred to R8 as the album where she could make exactly the kind of music she wanted. She's still having people write all her stuff, a whole camp (if reports are to be believed, over 40 writers). Her lead single took 9 people to write and 6 to produce, none of which was her. Even the ones that she did play a role in are heavily bolstered by co-writers. Even simple, sparasly lyricised tracks like BBHMM required 3 co-writers. Songs of this level are usually written by one single artist in 15 minutes. She's been famous for a decade now - she shouldn't have to rely on people this heavily. I get that some legendary singers never wrote their own work but that's the point, if you never wrote, it's a different story. But Rihanna has had writing credits, right from the beginning. She has played a part in writing songs on 5 out of 7 albums. She has no excuse for relying on writing camps so heavily at this stage of her career when she has proved that she can write. The older you get, the more you should be confident enough to stand on your own two feet. Even Britney had credits on every song on Britney Jean. Yes, it's debatable how much she actually wrote, but the point is, her name was on every song and that's rare for her. Rihanna has yet to do that and she's more in control than Britney is.

But at least she doesn't try to claim credit for songs she didn't write unlike someone else connected to Jay Z i could name...

You name dropped Godney and shaded Beyonce, I love you :sharon:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

SlayedForTheGod

Alot of people have writing camps. Beyonce has writing camps. I would love to be a part of one. I'm so intrigued by writers like Bonnie and Ester Dean.

Creyk

Alot of people have writing camps. Beyonce has writing camps. I would love to be a part of one. I'm so intrigued by writers like Bonnie and Ester Dean.

You have to attend songwriting competitions and seminars, if the people there notice you have talent they might try to pick you up.

Rihanna never claimed to be the next legendary lyricist, why are y'all so mad? :chica:

Her label obviously didn't believe in the material she has had recorded. It's perfectly normal for a major artist to release a commercial album that is the product of many writing camps. I will admit, though, that the wait for R8 is starting to become extremely long. Hopefully this will be the last writing camp! :wao:

SISTERV

How sad. I will give her props (like Britney) for owning that she doesn't write her own material, but damnnnnn....a CAMP? 

I will also say that I'm stunned that R8 is still not scrapped. If Gaga had released Aura, Applause, and Do What U Want in early 2013 and they all flopped like that I would have been even more nervous for ARTPOP. 

SISTERV

theres only 1 girl and the rest are all guys.......wtf

yeah I noticed that too.... so much for girl power....but maybe that's the girl who wrote "want you to make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world (room)' :reductive2:

Archived