• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sipthistea

So it took a "camp" to write 

" B*tch better have my money (x8) " 

I see :reductive2:

StrawberryBlond

This is why I laugh whenever Rihanna referred to R8 as the album where she could make exactly the kind of music she wanted. She's still having people write all her stuff, a whole camp (if reports are to be believed, over 40 writers). Her lead single took 9 people to write and 6 to produce, none of which was her. Even the ones that she did play a role in are heavily bolstered by co-writers. Even simple, sparasly lyricised tracks like BBHMM required 3 co-writers. Songs of this level are usually written by one single artist in 15 minutes. She's been famous for a decade now - she shouldn't have to rely on people this heavily. I get that some legendary singers never wrote their own work but that's the point, if you never wrote, it's a different story. But Rihanna has had writing credits, right from the beginning. She has played a part in writing songs on 5 out of 7 albums. She has no excuse for relying on writing camps so heavily at this stage of her career when she has proved that she can write. The older you get, the more you should be confident enough to stand on your own two feet. Even Britney had credits on every song on Britney Jean. Yes, it's debatable how much she actually wrote, but the point is, her name was on every song and that's rare for her. Rihanna has yet to do that and she's more in control than Britney is.

But at least she doesn't try to claim credit for songs she didn't write unlike someone else connected to Jay Z i could name...

Higher

I don't understand the issue. :rip:  It's not like goes around saying she writes all of her songs and it seems she wrote has co-written most of her albums. I personally think she isn't confident in her writing skills or she's just lazy. 

It would be an issue  to me if she couldn't sing. :lolly: 

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

Riot Poof

How chaRIHtable of Riri to employ so many people to write "timeless" songs for her.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

AbuHassan1992

:lmao:

The day will eventually come when Rih solely pens a hit on her own, but I cannot believe that it takes this many people to write an album :smh:

I have little respect for those who do not pen their own material. 

why? You can be a singer without writing your own music. It's two completely different talents. Many of the worlds greatest singers throughout history never wrote their own stuff. 

Bette Davis

Jesus Christ, it takes an entire camp to write a Rihanna song? Interesting considering We Found Love has like only 7 words in the entire song :reductive2:

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Whispering

why? You can be a singer without writing your own music. It's two completely different talents. Many of the worlds greatest singers throughout history never wrote their own stuff. 

"the world's greatest singers"...Rihanna does not fit into that category

I read that as Sia still writing songs for R8 :green:

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

GloZell Green

Is she going to pull a BTW and record songs like days before the album release, or do we have to wait another year :neyde::neyde:

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Archived