performance

The original VMA 2013 Stage

LaMaisonGaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EnigmaMonSTAR

not gonna lie the hands are cool and all but it isn't that big of a change from the set we saw  

gagzus

Don't understand why MTV wouldn't allow a pair of hands on stage though.

it was the whole performance because it featured torture art and gaga flying around the stage with a colour changing dress

Bradley

it was the whole performance because it featured torture art and gaga flying around the stage with a colour changing dress

what kind of torture art it was? :rip: #flopfan

boyerased

How do you know it was MTV who inhibited the original concept?

it was to prohibit something from stealing the show from Miley. If I'm not mistaken an MTV executive said from the very start that they're buliding up Miley to star the show. 

Bradley

it was to prohibit something from stealing the show from Miley. If I'm not mistaken an MTV executive said from the very start that they're buliding up Miley to star the show. 

They said that? If this indeed is true MTV was being bias as fck. But MTV loves controversy and buzz, did they really want Gaga to tone down for Miley? Not that I don't trust you but this isn't typical of them.

VforVendetta

Sh!t it's amazing. Applause is one of my favorite Gaga songs ever, I would have killed to see the original performance.

boyerased

They said that? If this indeed is true MTV was being bias as fck. But MTV loves controversy and buzz, did they really want Gaga to tone down for Miley? Not that I don't trust you but this isn't typical of them.

correct me if I'm wrong But I think they did. Someone brought that article when the original concept for the performance leaked. They said that Miley was a no-brainer choice. Although they didn't directly say that gagz wasn't allowed to do her thing but I remember someone actually said it was scrapped by MTV. 

Bradley

correct me if I'm wrong But I think they did. Someone brought that article when the original concept for the performance leaked. They said that Miley was a no-brainer choice. Although they didn't directly say that gagz wasn't allowed to do her thing but I remember someone actually said it was scrapped by MTV. 

I don't think they scrapped Gaga's original performance for Miley. I think there were other issues such as the torture art originally used mentioned by another member.

AnglerfishbraBENUS

Didnt Madonna already do the doppelgänger thing on stage at the VMAs. 

did she? idk?

she can't handle it tbh. she didnt like the original concept in the first place that's why the 2nd planned performance was executed. dont make me spill more beans:green:

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

untitled

post-26926-lady-gaga-applause-gif-imgur-

Just imagine this happening on stage :giveup:

💋 Lead Me to War With Your Brilliant Erection 🚬

Wasn't the ORIGINAL ORIGINAL concept COMPLETELY different? With the blood and all?

You're all referencing the article/concepts from the stage designer, right?

I remember the whole night was supposed to be a lot more elaborate than it ended up being. Something something the red carpet having multiple Gagas walking around (which she ended up incorporating into the final performance), something about a flying bird cage, blood, a whole lot of involvement of the stage (which included the weird, huge light structures above, right?) that ended up being minimal in the end.

3 points in and ready for more

gagzus

You're all referencing the article/concepts from the stage designer, right?

I remember the whole night was supposed to be a lot more elaborate than it ended up being. Something something the red carpet having multiple Gagas walking around (which she ended up incorporating into the final performance), something about a flying bird cage, blood, a whole lot of involvement of the stage (which included the weird, huge light structures above, right?) that ended up being minimal in the end.

yes, she was suppose to be on the red carpet with lookalikes dressed as her during her eras and she was supposed to be dressed in a colour changing dress that changed colours depending on where she walked past on the stage and she was supposed to be on a harness flying around the stage.

Archived