💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean? (Music Video + Lyric Video)

GAGA101

Featured Posts

nativenewyorker

Forgettable. That music video looks kinda cheesy already.. we'll see how this goes :lolga:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephen

Umm....this wasn't what I expected. At. All. This is not lead single material. Your lead single needs to go somewhere, it has to be commanding. This sounds like something that wouldn't even make the final cut on an album or a b/side or something. I expected the lead single to be urban or at least urban influenced and definitely feature a rapper, probably Big Sean or someone like that. So, a track like As Long As You Love Me would have been my safest bet. I also thought it would sound a lot more grown up with risque lyrics. Considering he released his most risque song yet, PYD (featuring R Kelly of all people) 2 years ago, I imagined he'd be even more daring now. But what we got was...this. It's boring, bland, utterly meaningless. I just don't understand how after all the "adult" things he's done recently (speeding, swearing, etc.) that he would ok with releasing such a song that shows no growth. He said one of the reasons he took a break from music was so his music could mature. I see no evidence of this. After all the risque stuff delved into on PYD when he was 19, the best he can come up with as a 21 year old is "make love all night"? Talk about an anti-climax.

EDM isn't the big success it once was. Even Avicii, David Guetta and Calvin Harris aren't getting massive hits anymore. We've moved on more to a house sound and even that has limited success. To still be pushing this kind of music isn't the way forward. Urban, however, has made a big comeback and seeing as how Justin's been heading in that direction for the last few years, this should have been a natural progression. The topic is so boring and not a good enough reason for a song. Who seriously wants to listen to a song about not being able to make up your mind? Especially when sung in this really bland way? "What do you mean" is hardly a phrase that I want to hear repeated over and over. This sounds so teen pop, like something he'd release back when he was 15, not now as a grown man. I thought he'd go the controversial bad boy route to get sales (its proven to work in the past), so this has really taken me by surprise. I guess he's got too worried about losing his young fans if he went too urban and too adult. Problem is, either way, the damage is already done. Parents will not want their kids anywhere near him now after all he's done.

completely agree.. kinda disappointing 

And I thought he couldn't get any more basiclmao.gif

I mean I didn't expect much, but you'd think with the 3 years he's spent drink driving and pissing in mop buckets he could have come up with something slightly interesting and attention capturing. Maybe a song about his several DUIs? That would have been a bop :rofl:

Promo was intelligent though. He equated the amount of people that helped him to the amount of times he repeated that f*cking song title. Song title should be changed to "What Do You Mean (My Music Is Trash?)lmao.gifHopefully this song and the album it comes from end the joke that is his career :rofl: Bye Justin!

oh my :rip:

-

i listened to the full thing and it's really bad :rip: 

Harry

Umm....this wasn't what I expected. At. All. This is not lead single material. Your lead single needs to go somewhere, it has to be commanding. This sounds like something that wouldn't even make the final cut on an album or a b/side or something. I expected the lead single to be urban or at least urban influenced and definitely feature a rapper, probably Big Sean or someone like that. So, a track like As Long As You Love Me would have been my safest bet. I also thought it would sound a lot more grown up with risque lyrics. Considering he released his most risque song yet, PYD (featuring R Kelly of all people) 2 years ago, I imagined he'd be even more daring now. But what we got was...this. It's boring, bland, utterly meaningless. I just don't understand how after all the "adult" things he's done recently (speeding, swearing, etc.) that he would ok with releasing such a song that shows no growth. He said one of the reasons he took a break from music was so his music could mature. I see no evidence of this. After all the risque stuff delved into on PYD when he was 19, the best he can come up with as a 21 year old is "make love all night"? Talk about an anti-climax.

EDM isn't the big success it once was. Even Avicii, David Guetta and Calvin Harris aren't getting massive hits anymore. We've moved on more to a house sound and even that has limited success. To still be pushing this kind of music isn't the way forward. Urban, however, has made a big comeback and seeing as how Justin's been heading in that direction for the last few years, this should have been a natural progression. The topic is so boring and not a good enough reason for a song. Who seriously wants to listen to a song about not being able to make up your mind? Especially when sung in this really bland way? "What do you mean" is hardly a phrase that I want to hear repeated over and over. This sounds so teen pop, like something he'd release back when he was 15, not now as a grown man. I thought he'd go the controversial bad boy route to get sales (its proven to work in the past), so this has really taken me by surprise. I guess he's got too worried about losing his young fans if he went too urban and too adult. Problem is, either way, the damage is already done. Parents will not want their kids anywhere near him now after all he's done.

No one cares about dance music anymore? Lean On? Cheerleader? How Deep Is Your Love? Across Europe there's literally a new dance song smashing every week. Even Where Are U Now is way more EDM than WDYM and that was a hit very recently with very little promo, so that kind of trumps every tenuous point you tried to make.

Don't try and talk about repetition in the chorus when we both stan for Lana Del Rey :lmao:

I know how much you love to talk smack about artists as per your bias and pretty much every single prediction post you make is unreliable so I don't know why I'm trying, but still. Everything is pointing towards this being a hit.

As much as you don't like it, this song has been received well so far by the GP and critics. It's not a masterpiece, but it's a fun and sleek pop song, and it's inoffensive nature is clever. Why would he go the controversial bad boy route when he has one of the worst images right now? If he did that you'd be banging on about how bad of a role model he is no doubt.

Just please stop with your incessant nonsense for once, Justin clearly has the odds in his favour with this one :smh:

Why would he go the controversial bad boy route when he has one of the worst images right now? If he did that you'd be banging on about how bad of a role model he is no doubt.

this is so true and not just in strawberrys case

everytime a female artists is s-xual members here call them attention *****s and sluts but if a female artist is like lets say taylor swift they are boring 

SychosSoChic

It's a nice little song for summer which is rapidly approaching, but I mean, for the all the hype I'm really disappointed.

I feel like the next few songs he releases better be groundbreaking smashes or he may as well take up Johnny Rapid's offer :lolga:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Melech

#1 United States 
#1 United Kingdom 
#1 Antigua and Barbuda 
#1 Argentina 
#1 Australia 
#1 Austria 
#1 Azerbaijan 
#1 Bahrain 
#1 Belarus 
#1 Belgium