💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

'The Girl on the Train' - Chris Evans and Jared Leto are in talks to join!

retroglamx

Featured Posts

retroglamx

91lUeBR2G1L.jpg

Has anybody read this amazing novel? The Girl on the Train is a psychological thriller novel by British author Paula Hawkins, it was released in January this year and the novel debuted at number one on the The New York Times Fiction Best Sellers of 2015 list.

Plot summary (actual spoilers ahead)

Rachel Watson is introduced as a 32-year-old alcoholic taking the train to London every day to hide her unemployment from her roommate. Two years prior, she discovered her husband, Tom, was cheating on her, and he left her and married his mistress, Anna. However, Tom cheated on Anna as well, having an affair with neighbor Megan Hipwell, who is also married. As the story begins, Megan is pregnant and believes Tom to be the father. On being confronted with this information, Tom ultimately murders her and buries her in a shallow grave.

When Rachel takes note of Megan's disappearance after often watching her from the train window, she begins to investigate it, lying to Megan's husband to get close, and causing distress to both Tom and Anna with her frequent drunkenness. Tom eventually confesses the murder to Rachel and Anna before attacking Rachel, who kills him in self-defense.

The film rights for the novel were acquired by Dreamworks on March 24, 2014 with the following crew:

Marc Platt as producer. (Drive, Wanted, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Into the Woods, etc.)

Tate Taylor as director. (The Help)

Erin Cressida Wilson to write the script. (Men, Women & Children, Chloe, etc.)

For those who have read the novel you know there are 3 leading ladies which have already been cast as well:

Emily Blunt as Rachel.

Rebecca Ferguson as Anna.

Haley Bennett as Megan.

Please, tell me someone here has read this amazing novel, it really kept me on the edge of my seat and it left me with a great feeling in the end.

I can only imagine how good and true to the book the movie will be based on the director and writer, the actresses also seem like an ace to me. :gaycat:

---

UPDATE:

jared_leto_chris_evans_split.jpg

Jared Leto and Chris Evans are in talks to join the high-wattage cast of The Girl on the Train, DreamWorks’ adaptation of the Paula Hawkins best-seller.

Emily Blunt, Rebecca Ferguson and Haley Bennett are already on board the project, which centers on Rachel (Blunt), a woman who's jobless and an alcoholic and who spends her daily train ride fantasizing about the seemingly perfect couple living in a house that she passes.

Evans would play Tom, the ex-husband, and Leto would play the neighbor’s husband, but sources say one stumbling block to an eventual deal is scheduling for both actors.

SOURCE: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jared-leto-chris-evans-join-825902

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Giorno Giovanna

what kind of heroine

sookie_screaming_true_blood.gif

btw reminds me of this meme i once saw about a dude living in a college dorm and regularly going to the park alone at night, so his dormmates think he has friends and is busy

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

• 4 weeks later...
retroglamx

---

UPDATE:

jared_leto_chris_evans_split.jpg

Jared Leto and Chris Evans are in talks to join the high-wattage cast of The Girl on the Train, DreamWorks’ adaptation of the Paula Hawkins best-seller.

Emily Blunt, Rebecca Ferguson and Haley Bennett are already on board the project, which centers on Rachel (Blunt), a woman who's jobless and an alcoholic and who spends her daily train ride fantasizing about the seemingly perfect couple living in a house that she passes.

Evans would play Tom, the ex-husband, and Leto would play the neighbor’s husband, but sources say one stumbling block to an eventual deal is scheduling for both actors.

SOURCE: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jared-leto-chris-evans-join-825902

Chris and Jared are in talks to join, omg, this movie better SLAY! :party:

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Archived