đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Tori Amos

Riot Poof

Favorite Tori Amos album  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Tori Amos album?

• Little Earthquakes (1992)
    • Under the Pink (1994)
    • Boys for Pele (1996)
    • From the Choirgirl Hotel (1998)
    • To Venus and Back (1999)
    • Strange Little Girls (2001)
    • Scarlet's Walk (2002)
    • The Beekeeper (2005)
    • American Doll Posse (2007)
    • Any other album not mentioned (Abnormally Attracted to Sin, Midwinter Graces, Night of Hunters, Gold Dust, or Unrepentant Geraldines)

Featured Posts

Riot Poof

Tori Amos is an American singer-songwriter and pianist. She was one of the most popular women singer-songwriters in the '90s, and she continues to have one of the most dedicated fanbases in alternative rock. Her fans are called Ears with Feet or Toriphiles. Discuss her here!

600full-tori-amos.jpg

Here are some questions fans can discuss:

What is your favorite Tori Amos album? Why?
What is your favorite Tori Amos song? Why?
Have you seen her live? How was the experience?
Did you ever meet Tori? How was the experience?
When, how, and why did you become a Tori Amos fan?

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Kabexuela

I purchased Little Earthquakes on cassette when I was at the ripe age of 12.  That album changed my life and encouraged me to write and still do.  Tori is such a creative force.  She has helped sculpt the Alternative movement that exploded in the 90's and has matured in her own special way.  A true goddess.  Love you Riot Poof!

Riot Poof

I purchased Little Earthquakes on cassette when I was at the ripe age of 12.  That album changed my life and encouraged me to write and still do.  Tori is such a creative force.  She has helped sculpt the Alternative movement that exploded in the 90's and has matured in her own special way.  A true goddess.  Love you Riot Poof!

Thank you. :kissga:

What are your top 10 Tori songs? Favorite album?

Kabexuela

Hmmm, that is a toughy.  To make a long story short, I'm going through a tough time with my dad who's a total asshole at times.  These past two times have been rough but I will be back soon to talk to you ok.  I am having fun with our conversations.  

Riot Poof

Hmmm, that is a toughy.  To make a long story short, I'm going through a tough time with my dad who's a total asshole at times.  These past two times have been rough but I will be back soon to talk to you ok.  I am having fun with our conversations.  

Alright! I'll be waiting. I wish you the best. :hug:

Kabexuela

Thank you. :kissga:

What are your top 10 Tori songs? Favorite album?

Alright! I'll be waiting. I wish you the best. :hug:

:kisses:

Riot Poof

Who were the other two voters tho? :green:

Don't be shy. :green:

Kabexuela

Oh, my fave album is Little Earthquakes.  Her promo was huge with that album.  It was a fresh sound.  Totally amazing.  Umm so many faves, but I love Girl, Precious Things, L.E., Caught A Lite Sneeze, Marianne, 1000 Oceans, Josephine, Lust, Carbon, Strange, and I know there are many more but those resonate most for me.  Never seen her live and wish I did.  

itmightberyan

Tori's my favorite artist!! From her lyrics to her musicality to her originality, it's all just incredible. Boys for Pele might be my top though, but I love everything honestly.

Riot Poof

Tori's my favorite artist!! From her lyrics to her musicality to her originality, it's all just incredible. Boys for Pele might be my top though, but I love everything honestly.

I'm the same!! I'm one of those fans who basically loves everything Tori's released. :giveup:

And Boys for Pele is my favorite album in the entire universe. That album has helped me so much.

Riot Poof

Oh, my fave album is Little Earthquakes.  Her promo was huge with that album.  It was a fresh sound.  Totally amazing.  Umm so many faves, but I love Girl, Precious Things, L.E., Caught A Lite Sneeze, Marianne, 1000 Oceans, Josephine, Lust, Carbon, Strange, and I know there are many more but those resonate most for me.  Never seen her live and wish I did.  

I wish I could've truly known how popular Tori was during her peak. :giveup:

It kinda sucks to stan for her way after critics and the GP forgot about her.

I wanna see Tori live too! She's probably the only person I'd want to see live (sorry, Gagz).

Wait... Tori and Björk. OK, I think that's it.

Kabexuela

I wish I could've truly known how popular Tori was during her peak. :giveup:

It kinda sucks to stan for her way after critics and the GP forgot about her.

I wanna see Tori live too! She's probably the only person I'd want to see live (sorry, Gagz).

Wait... Tori and Björk. OK, I think that's it.

Oh sweetie I know.  I was at the meek age of 12 but I remember seeing the Crucify video on TV and was obsessed from there on.  Björk was truly magical too.  Her promo was ****ing huge as well when she went solo.  Check out promo videos on YouTube for them both.  Truly a treat!

Riot Poof

Oh sweetie I know.  I was at the meek age of 12 but I remember seeing the Crucify video on TV and was obsessed from there on.  Björk was truly magical too.  Her promo was ****ing huge as well when she went solo.  Check out promo videos on YouTube for them both.  Truly a treat!

I remember back in 2009 I watched hundreds of Tori videos on YouTube. :giveup:

I saw lots of live videos that made me fall in love with her as a performer, and I saw lots of interviews that made me fall in love with her as a person. I loved her philosophy. She's a very wise person. :flutter:

I was 13 when I became a Toriphile. She was really important to me during high school. She's still important to me obviously, but I needed her music back then. She seemed to be the only person to understand me.

I'm listening to her right now, and I'm getting kinda emotional. Her music brings back a lot of memories.

• 6 months later...
aquariumlust

I'm so happy we have a Tori section on here! She has meant so much to me in my life way more than any other artist and she is my #1 fave.

I started with Pele and Choirgirl when I was 16 and soon after Scarlet's Walk came out and I was officially a lifelong Tori fan. Scarlet's Walk spoke to me on so many different levels, and I've taken so many road trips, hikes, and adventures in honor of that album with it blasting from my speakers. 

I've seen her in all her tours since Scarlet's Walk and I absolutely love all of her albums (except Midwinter Graces). She is unbeatable live and every time I've seen her I've cried, had a nervous breakdown, and saw Jesus. 

I worry I'll never get a chance to tell her how such of an impact she's had on my life and how many hard times/depressions she has gotten me out of. She's my go to for any kind of emotional relief and I cherish her music so deeply. 

My favorite Tori song is the live version of Cooling from TVAB hands down. Runners up would be Liquid Diamonds, Space Dog, Oysters, Little Amsterdam, and In the Springtime of His Voodoo.

Thanks Riot Poof for reaching out and for clearing up the whole Riot Poof thing :)

aquariumlust

I also have to say that Unrepentant Geraldines is an amazing album and people should give it a second and third chance!

Archived