Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

CIVILIZATION V thread

The Professor

Featured Posts

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played one game in Civ 5 and it was fun, but I don't see the replayability imo. It's the same over and over again and it takes so long to even finish 1 game... How do peope have 500 hours in this game?

20151212-015937-c_500x281.gif

calmar
46 minutes ago, Poot said:

I played one game in Civ 5 and it was fun, but I don't see the replayability imo. It's the same over and over again and it takes so long to even finish 1 game... How do peope have 500 hours in this game?

It's the unique abilities of each Civ, the different dynamics of having different numbers of foes and differing landscapes, and the Steam unlockable achievements, I think.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

LebaneseDude
On 6/29/2016 at 2:31 PM, Poot said:

I have 2000 hours in that game over 6 years of playing lol

I play it like a roleplaying strategy game. For example if I play France I focus on culture and military expansionism. If I'm playing England I focus on building a navy and aim to get high gold per turn.

I also downloaded a dozen mods like the Community Patch Project (Vox Populi) and JFD's mods like Cultural Diversity in order to spice things up immensely.

Modded Civ5 is almost on par with Modded Skyrim as one of the best games you can play over and over again without getting bored.

I go through cycles where I play the quit then play again. It does take a lot of time to immerse yourself so I only play them when I have time off.

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

Archived