Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Slipknot's Corey Taylor: Pop music is insulting

Bellatrix

Featured Posts

Redstreak

He sounds mega bitter. If you "bleed for your work" then get satisfaction that you do have fans, also pop as a genre has actually become quite diversified over the past few years.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
swordstalker

God, I hate when people try to feel superior by saying pop is bad. There's no such thing as objectively bad music. All music is on a continuum of simple to complex. What you mean to say is, "IMO, I don't understand why people don't enjoy complex music more". Also, the hypocrisy is laughable. Way too often, these people don't even hold close to the same standard of complexity to other art forms like fashion, visual art, film, architecture etc. Gaga always gets sh1t on for being an attention ***** when she wears a "crazy" outfit, but she's miles ahead of almost every other musician in terms of the complexity of her fashion, and I doubt Corey will recognize that...

Didymus

People who don't know how Slipknot perform music, should not say anything. They are performance artists and delve deep every single performance.

Then again, I agree that it's boring to hear him complain about pop music. It doesn't really affect him, Slipknot is hugely successful, so what's your aim here?

swordstalker

People who don't know how Slipknot perform music, should not say anything. They are performance artists and delve deep every single performance.

OMG you're right. I was just annoyed at constantly hearing this from friends. I actually just watched some of their performances and they're actually pretty good with a cool aesthetic. Now I feel like one of those people who judged Gaga for not being able to sing without actually taking time to watch her :sweat:

Admin

his music is also trash :noparty:

Artists like Lana have more talent in their nipples than Slipknot does in their entire discography

Ignorant.

Jjang

Slipknot are amazing. However, you simply can't blame the masses for enjoying pop music more. The most successful acts of all time are rock acts anyway and Slipknot are well known and pretty damn successful. I dislike this 'commercial success equals quality' argument, 'cause that's what he's subconsciously implying.

TimisaMonster

Gaga basically said the same thing about her own work...producers and level wanted more auto tune, robotic vocals, and she just didn't enjoy that knowing she could sing without....reason being she said LG5 would have rawer vocals compared to her previous work.

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Psychedelic

Not all pop music is trash, but he has point... A point that would only be valid coming from a rockstar who makes good rock music, but he is the equivalent in rock to Rebecca Black in pop... so SHUT UP BITCH!

Bellatrix

Not all pop music is trash, but he has point... A point that would only be valid coming from a rockstar who makes good rock music, but he is the equivalent in rock to Rebecca Black in pop... so SHUT UP BITCH!

Are you serious? If you are you haven't heard or seen much of Slipknot :awkney:

Riot Poof

I looked up a Slipknot song and all I heard was some guy screaming over some metal music. :rip:

I'll gladly take manufactured pop over this anyday. 

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Hauser

I hate people who whine like him, if you are that bothered by current pop music or pop music in general listen to something else.

Psychedelic

Are you serious? If you are you haven't heard or seen much of Slipknot :awkney:

Tbh NO :cryga: but I'd like to stay ignorant to their "good" music the same way this guy is remaining ignorant to good pop music :trollga:

HORRORHOLIC

I looked up a Slipknot song and all I heard was some guy screaming over some metal music. :rip:

I'll gladly take manufactured pop over this anyday. 

Try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXEKuttVRIo

I'm actually seeing Slipknot on Saturday, they are an amazing live band and Corey Taylor has extremely diverse vocals, Anyway the reason he's talking about this now is because he's promoting his book where he talks about these types of things. I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean ALL pop music because he actually likes some pop bands, he's talking about the exact ones most of us know are like that.

Archived