Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Slipknot's Corey Taylor: Pop music is insulting

Bellatrix

Featured Posts

Bellatrix

A great deal of what passes for pop music these days consists of Auto-Tune, Disney kids, failed ‘Idol’ contestants and tracks composed by teams of songwriters for an outside artist. Slipknot / Stone Sour vocalist Corey Taylor knows this perfectly well, which is why he believes that pop music today is simply “insulting.”

Corey recently visited our studios to talk about his newest book, You’re Making Me Hate You, and to play some ‘Wikipedia: Fact or Fiction?‘ During this time, we also spoke to him on a plethora of topics. In this case, it’s about a quote in his book which reveals Taylor’s partial embarrassment to be a part of music today considering the general landscape.

“I feel like I’m being stung by 1,000 bees all at once,” Taylor tells us. “It’s so Auto-Tuned and it’s so beat corrected and it’s so canned and processed and lifeless. You might as well be listening to a f—ing piece of wood at that point. It bothers me because I put so much into everything I do. I put so much into my music, I bleed for it, I die for it every goddamn night. To watch these people basically let a computer go through the motions and do all the work for them, it’s insulting to everyone out there who has more talent and less attention.”

http://loudwire.com/slipknot-corey-taylor-pop-music-insulting/

He sort of has a point tbh

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Professor

Rock fans hating pop

RienneDuroney.gif

Revolutionary

RienneDuroney.gif

OT: i agree with him but its mainly for Carly Rae, One Direction etc. There are good pop acts tho like Florence 

Saeed

Rockism, but if you really hate pop, you're not forced to listen to it. The internet has a lot of music content, and every person is free to explore it. Listen to what you like.

SissyFromSpace

He's like one of those kids that comment under Avril Lavinge's early 2000 videos and say "Why wasn't I born in this decade???"

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

BLACKOUTbritney

He's like one of those kids that comment under Avril Lavinge's early 2000 videos and say "Why wasn't I born in this decade???"

IM SCREAMING :lmao:

DeleteMyAccount

He has a point, but he is definitely generalizing the talented and non-talented pop acts.  Also, Pop is a very broad genre and I think it would've been better for him to come out and give some examples.  Otherwise it's like putting Carly Rae and Gaga in the same league...  No offense, but.

let the pop rock revolution begin....

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

SissyFromSpace

BUT I wonder what he thinks of G0DGA though.

MOeJMbj.gif

SissyFromSpace

Also, someone PLEASE tell me an artist that uses ****ing autotune in 2015??

MOeJMbj.gif

Archived