celeb

Taylor Swift covers Vanity Fair, criticizes Spotify

Neal

Featured Posts

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LoveandMagic

I have a slightly off topic question: did Gaga join Apple before or after Taylor criticized them? No shade meant in anyway, it's just a question.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

PrinceGaga

I have a slightly off topic question: did Gaga join Apple before or after Taylor criticized them? No shade meant in anyway, it's just a question.

Gaga tweeted her commitment when apple music was announced. Taylor's rant was like 2 weeksish later I think. It was definitely after Gaga joined anyway.

LoveandMagic

Gaga tweeted her commitment when apple music was announced. Taylor's rant was like 2 weeksish later I think. It was definitely after Gaga joined anyway.

So did Taylor's criticisms affect the deal with Gaga in any way? Like say, would Gaga get more money with streaming or more promotion or what-not? I can't remember exactly what Taylor criticized, something to do with paying the artist, I was just wondering if Apple changed any of their policies since then that would have affected their business arrangement with Gaga, if I'm making any sense.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

PrinceGaga

So did Taylor's criticisms affect the deal with Gaga in any way? Like say, would Gaga get more money with streaming or more promotion or what-not? I can't remember exactly what Taylor criticized, something to do with paying the artist, I was just wondering if Apple changed any of their policies since then that would have affected their business arrangement with Gaga, if I'm making any sense.

I think Taylor's rant would have affected all artists signed. Her point was not just about her being paid, but everyone, especially the young artists trying to make it. Gaga would be getting paid during the trial periods and it would have been because of Taylor. Not that it really matters because without apple music, Gaga obviously wouldn't be paid (since it wound't exist), and with it, people can still listen for free on Spotify so it literally comes down to nothing. I don't really know where I sit in the argument. I'm somewhere in between :shrug: 

I hope I made sense too haha.

StrawberryBlond

“My fears were that I would be looked at as someone who just whines and rants about this thing that no one else is really ranting about.”

And you've succeeded. Already comments are flooding in to all the various channels that are reporting this story and they're all negative. Most comments consist of "She needs to shut up about this now," "i thought she supporting the little guy in music but she just insulted the little guy in the streaming world," "Apple will just get the money back by upping our subscription fees," "Go away with your awful music you spoilt child," and this gem "Any chance that the music industry can pull the plug on this pathetic, over-rated little witch?"

In the words of Clifford from Spiceworld: "Here we go - backlash has started." And its been working subtely for a while now. But that Nicki fight on Twitter opened the floodgates and less people are holding back now. Taylor, if you don't get over this thing right now, you're going to really struggle in the near future. Your mask is slipping, the public is losing patience with your image of perfection and untouchable nature.

JeffSwift

This is like the first official interview she's had on this topic...no? just because we always hear about it doesn't mean that the general public does... so like ya 

Redstreak

Y'all acting like she just randomly brought it up instead of being asked about it. :rip: It's her first interview since the Apple situation, of course she would be asked about it

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Redstreak

“My fears were that I would be looked at as someone who just whines and rants about this thing that no one else is really ranting about.”

And you've succeeded. Already comments are flooding in to all the various channels that are reporting this story and they're all negative. Most comments consist of "She needs to shut up about this now," "i thought she supporting the little guy in music but she just insulted the little guy in the streaming world," "Apple will just get the money back by upping our subscription fees," "Go away with your awful music you spoilt child," and this gem "Any chance that the music industry can pull the plug on this pathetic, over-rated little witch?"

In the words of Clifford from Spiceworld: "Here we go - backlash has started." And its been working subtely for a while now. But that Nicki fight on Twitter opened the floodgates and less people are holding back now. Taylor, if you don't get over this thing right now, you're going to really struggle in the near future. Your mask is slipping, the public is losing patience with your image of perfection and untouchable nature.

I'm literally starting to feel like you won't get a good night's sleep until Taylor has some sort of Lotus sized era.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Riot Poof

I was listening to Spotify as I read this. :laughga:

Love you TayTay, but opinions are gonna turn sour when people realize how many people/entities you've been feuding with. Katy, Nicki, Spotify... Who's next?

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Kacey Elizabeth

OMG, the tea you served in this post is boiling, it burned me. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Archived