Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Britney: Conservatorship for Life

craig

Featured Posts

Miel

I feel like there's more to Britney's personal issues with mental illness than I have expected- but, that's her own personal business. I don't want to assume.

And it also sounds like the hold over her is very lenient? I'm just glad to hear she's being a great parent to her kids.

3 points in and ready for more

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
degenerate

you seem awfully sure about this. given that nothing in her appearance or behavior suggests that she is incapable of handling everyday tasks, and given that she regularly performs in situations more stressful most people never even get to experience, what do you base your stance on?

The real question is what pray tell gives you this idea? The fact that she posts minion memes with a winky face on instagram? Or that she says "I'm happy now"? Gaga teas.

The real question is what pray tell gives you this idea? The fact that she posts minion memes with a winky face on instagram? Or that she says "I'm happy now"? Gaga teas.

as i've already said multiple times, the fact that she can endure stress most people never get to know. that she's able to tour worldwide from continent to continent. that she can handle interviews. that she can handle schedules. that she can handle dozens of paparazzi screaming at her. no train wreck can do that.

this is mockery of conservatorship and should not be taken lightly.

Knife

Dependentney. :noparty:

It really is quite sad at what super stardom from such a young age will do to you.

SKANK

Why are you so angry? :flop: 

If her situation was severe enough for something like this to be needed permanently do you think she would be allowed to do meet & greets, shows and interviews?

I'm not angry, I'm just responding to someone who is speaking in an ignorant, flippant, and judgmental way.

I think it's disrespectful to belittle another persons way of life, particularly when that person is dealing with mental health issues.

It's simple-minded to assume that your standard for how an adult should conduct themselves is some how more legitimate then anyone else's standard. There is not one way to be an adult, it's certainty not "****ed up" to conduct your life in a way that is different then your peers.

If she is in a situation that allows her to flourish, again, who are you to condemn it?

degenerate

as i've already said multiple times, the fact that she can endure stress most people never get to know. that she's able to tour worldwide from continent to continent. that she can handle interviews. that she can handle schedules. that she can handle dozens of paparazzi screaming at her. no train wreck can do that.

But those are literally the things that made her a train-wreck--drove her to madness--set all this in motion to begin with?

Stress/touring/interviews --> train-wreck (2007) + conservatorship --> train kept from derailing (as you're describing). So why would you want to remove the thing that saved her?

But those are literally the things that made her a train-wreck--drove her to madness--set all this in motion to begin with?

Stress/touring/interviews --> train-wreck (2007) + conservatorship --> train kept from derailing (as you're describing). So why would you want to remove the thing that saved her?

those are things that she's still dealing with. obviously not a problem for her anymore.

conservatorships are permanent only if the person is severely mentally/physically incapable of everyday tasks. obviously not the case with britney.

conservatorships are (should be) a drastic measure, not some "just in case" thingy

degenerate

those are things that she's still dealing with. obviously not a problem for her anymore.

conservatorships are permanent only if the person is severely mentally/physically incapable of everyday tasks. obviously not the case with britney.

conservatorships are (should be) a drastic measure, not some "just in case" thingy

You obviously don't know about mental illness if you think that person can't revert right back to where they were under the right circumstances. This isn't a "just in case" thingy. You're being naive. It's Britney Spears, they're not just gonna be like, "Oh well she'll probably be fine." Like... let's be realistic. 

Riot Poof

Whatever works for her. :shrug:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

jojuun

We will never know the truth about Britney. It's so mysterious, all of it. Sometimes I feel like she loves it all over again and other days it's obvious she'd rather find a real nice guy, take her boys and sit on a private island without the rest of the world. I love her regardless and I truly hope she's found or will find true happiness and is never pressured into anything.

Economy

Shes suffered a lot of mental illness and shes also shown often to not be the most stable or mature

if for the moment its working and shes fine with it, i dont see why not :shrug: 

however it shouldnt be forced indefinitely... if she wants out she should be able to

Whispering

If her situation was severe enough for something like this to be needed permanently do you think she would be allowed to do meet & greets, shows and interviews?

Yes, as long as she is stabilized on the right medication. 

There are reasons why she can't handle promotion and random interviews. Don't you remember how out of it she was on X Factor? The meds she has to be on have robbed her of her personality. Britney isn't the same person she used to be, as her mental illness and the meds have taken their toll. 

Bebe

I remember 2007 very well...

If Britney is happy with it great, I would probably be ok with extending the conservatorship too if I was in her position.

People seem to unable to realise that Britney was once extremely unwell. The conservatorship was part of a plan to help her maintain her life and flourish. She now has her Vegas show and is able to work while also maintain a fantastic relationship with her kids.

She has completely turned her life around, 8 years ago she was going to lose custody of her kids permanently and there was a justified concern that she was going to die.
This conservatorship is part of what saved her life and if Britney, and everyone else involved, believes that this is allowing her to live a more stable life with more support then that's fantastic.

This conservatorship brought a level of balance into her life:

"Jamie and Britney's doctors have stabilized her to the point she can successfully work and maintain a personal life." 

" if the conservatorship were to end, there would be significant risk she could backslide. The plan is to continue the conservatorship indefinitely ... because it works."

Where is the problem? The conservatorship worked! It served it's purpose and the decision has been made to continue it so this progress can be maintained.

Computer

It's so amazing to me her boyfriend was going to be her conservator.

Can you imagine starting to date someone and after a while he becomes your conservator?  You wouldn't be allowed to break up.  :flop:

It's creepy.  :flop:

They could control everything and you couldn't argue against it.  What if they just wanted to control you? :emma: 

Jamie was ready to let a man do this with Britney.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

this is mockery of conservatorship and should not be taken lightly.

Wouldn't you say that all of those things that she can 'handle,' are the things that caused her problems in the first place?

Maybe the conservatorship actually takes a lot of pressure off of her. I see more as: she gets to do what she loves and look after her kids and doesn't have to worry about paying bills on time or trying to figure out how to handle huge amounts of cash etc.

I highly doubt she has to ask her Dad to go places.

Archived