💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

One Direction's Drag Me Down breaks global streaming record on Spotify

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

ViviLittleM

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/one-directions-drag-me-down-breaks-global-streaming-record-on-spotify__10227/

The group's new track hits a streaming milestone just four days after its release.

It was only released four days ago, but One Direction have already broken records with their new single Drag Me Down.

Following its unexpected release on Friday, July 31, the track set a new record for the greatest number of streams over one day on the service, notching up 4.75 million plays globally.

The figure means the band topple previously leader See You Again by Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth, which clocked 4.26 million streams on April 17, five weeks after its release.   

Drag Me Down is said to be One Direction's most successful single launch ever, topping the iTunes charts in 82 countries and trending for over 10 hours last Friday, with 22,000 tweets about the song being sent every minute.

Find out where Drag Me Down is on the Official Singles Chart on the Official Chart Update today (August 2) at 5.45pm. 

Born To Slay

I think it has a chance to debut atop the billboard hot 100

barcodemonster

I haven't even listened to that song. Is it good? :emma:

this. Despite local radio stations playing it every hour, I still change the station

scan my barcode

Is it from their new album?

너와의 얎색한 ìčšëŹ”읎 ì°šëŒëŠŹ ìą‹ì•„

Good to see Spotify still king despite Apple Music :applause: competition is good. On topic though, I haven't listened to this yet.

Bradley

this. Despite local radio stations playing it every hour, I still change the station

Just listened to it. Sounds mediocre to me so far, not sure if it will grow on me though.

:applause:I streamed it like 10 times. It's their best song.

Bye, Zane! 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

DiscoHeaven23

Well I hope this new single becomes one of their biggest hits! 

Heres a list of how their songs have performed on Mainstream Top 40 Radio. Top 40 Radio is usually a better indication of a song's overall performance. Sometimes excessive streaming or digital sales can put a song in the top 5 of the Hot 100 one week (which happens to 1D) and then the song will never see the top 20 again. So here they are. I'd say "What Makes You Beautiful" and "Story of My Life" are the songs I know most and that's reflected here. 

Mainstream Top 40

What Makes You Beautiful: #3
One Thing : #15

Live While We're Young: #16
Little Things: #18
Kiss You: #19

Best Song Ever: #16
Story of My Life: #4
You & I: #21

Steal My Girl: #17
Night Changes: #14

Archived