💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gaga "I’m a much better jazz singer than I am a pop singer" + infos cake

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Riot Poof

I agree with Gaga because jazz puts more emphasis on vocals than pop does (in general).

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so here for the next jazz album but I hope this time we get original songs rather than Covers.

Head Empty

She's great at both, as long as she's not doing heavy choreo or wearing out her voice :fan:.

The thing is that with pop she has followed a relatively traditional style of performing, in the sense that she's always doing these big productions with a lot of movement, where the focus isn't necessarily on her voice. If she'd sing pop music following a more voice-centric approach, those performances would easily match up with her jazz vocals :yes:.

FrankGutz

i wouldn't mind if she only do jazz tbh :flirt:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

If she'd sing pop music following a more voice-centric approach, those performances would easily match up with her jazz vocals :yes:.

And this is exactly what I hope she's going for with her next album. 

Creyk

I agree with Gaga because jazz puts more emphasis on vocals than pop does (in general).

This is true, and I can see her complaining about jazz in this way when she promotes her next era, that she couldn't dance and do any coreography. She always disses her past work when she talks about her present work (she kinda does it here too), I wonder if she will complain about the lack of dancing during the C2C era when she promotes LG5 or will it be something else. 

Jjang

Well, she needs to write and compose her own Jazz music before making such statement.

Chromatislaps

so will we get a Jazz version of DWUW with a Jazz music video for it?

tumblr_inline_nsfk4y7YeX1sx0042_500.gif

Tropico

I wouldn't say she is better at Jazz than she is pop. Not because her pop is that much better or that her jazz is that much worse. Simply because they are so different that I cannot compare them. I mean, I feel like Gaga has more energy surging through her when singing pop, which might make someone say she is best as pop. But then again, I feel she has more vocal control when singing jazz. Which might make someone say she is better at jazz. They're too different to compare. :shrug: 

It's for the same reason I wouldn't compare her pop sales to jazz sales. Two totally different markets. 

But I will say this: she is excellent at both and she should continue making albums for both pop and jazz (I wouldn't mind an RnB album either but that's another story :green:). :yes: 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Didymus

I don't even know what she means. I mean, that basically implies she doesn't consider herself a good pop singer. Maybe she's just referring to Interscope editing the **** out of her voice on all her pop records so far. She mentioned that her voice was too theatrical for pop too, according to those musical school b---hes.

AmenTheNight

... I just hope that's the kind of sentence she says and forgets about like a month later, 'cause this whole jazz era seems to have turned her pop perspectives upside down, and not in a good way :deadbanana: I hope I'm wrong

Archived