💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gaga "I’m a much better jazz singer than I am a pop singer" + infos cake

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

ViviLittleM

In case you didn’t know it, Lady Gaga simply adores Tony Bennett.

The two really do make quite the dazzling duo. So when they hit Washington on Saturday night to perform the final concert of their sold-out, 7-month concert tour, Gaga wanted to do something special for him. With his birthday just days away — he turns 89 on Monday — she surprised him on stage with a birthday serenade and a ginormous cake.

Lady Gaga then led the entire audience in a singalong of Happy Birthday with everyone up on their feet. We were there, and it was cute, cute, cute!

Before the show, she shared her surprise on Instagram…knowing full well that while he is on social media, there was a good chance Tony wouldn’t see it.

The cake, a creation of Charm City Cakes’s Duff Goldman (yep, the Ace of Cakes guy), was based on the cake originally created for President John F. Kennedy’s birthday at which Marilyn Monroe famously sang Happy Birthday Mr. President. This version also featured the singers with their beloved pets.

The pair couldn’t be any cuter, and we love how Tony calls her “Lady.”

As for Gaga, she speaks very highly of him, and has loved their time together.

“You might be wondering why he’s singing jazz with the girl who wore the meat dress,” says Lady Gaga about collaborating with Tony Bennett.

— Cindy Clark Kramer (@byCindyClark) August 2, 2015

“But I assure you, I’m a much better jazz singer than I am a pop singer.” —@ladygaga. We like her both ways, but she killed it tonight!

— Cindy Clark Kramer (@byCindyClark) August 2, 2015

Also, we still can’t get over the fact that he’ll turn 89 on Monday. The man can still belt it out with the best of ’em!

http://www.intldaily.com/lady-gaga-treats-tony-bennett-to-a-sweet-birthday-surprise/

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

inb4 the people here interpret that as a clue that the next album will be jazz and have a huge meltdown

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

nikola

Meltdowns in 1.2.3........ 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

It's true, she is :yes:

IMHO she slays both genres

tumblr_inline_nsfk4y7YeX1sx0042_500.gif

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

ViviLittleM

Why people say "meltdown coming"? I mean? this is a trust? She was with her band (Brian etc) way before pop.

Of course, cause it showcases her vocal abilities more. But you were born for pop Gags not jazz

Alien Tulip

I enjoy her jazz performances but I would also like to say that serving amazing vocals doesn't mean its a great performance. Many artists with great voices have had lackluster performances. Gaga does amazing at jazz but I prefer a lot of her pop performances and I couldn't care less if she didn't belt out high notes in those pop performances, what matters to me is the performance itself. 

Stef

Why people say "meltdown coming"? I mean? this is a trust? She was with her band (Brian etc) way before pop.

But the reason we're all here today is because of her pop music. She would be making the biggest mistake of her career if she threw it all away. Fans supported C2C because it healed Gaga, and restored her willpower to make a kick ass pop album, that's it tbh.

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Archived