Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Thought about 2009 VMA Performance

PrinceGaga

Featured Posts

PrinceGaga

I saw this photo on Twitter, just staring at it and my English student mind was buzzing with what this could mean. It might be kinda reachy or whatever but since this is meant to symbolise the death of a popstar, with the face as a saddened expression mixed with the hand gesture, it gives a "why did she have to die?" feel. You know what I mean? 

Lady-gaga-blood-vma_l.jpg

It reminds me a bit of this statue in St Peter's in Rome 

Pieta_StPeters_7772.jpg

With Mary's expression and hand gesture kind of symbolising the same thing with Jesus. 

This may have been discussed before I don't know but this is my interpretation after having just stared at the photo for like 10 minutes. 

SissyFromSpace

iconic

also inspired nikkis Roman performance at the Grammys

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

its theatre baby

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Katsuki Bakugo

its the true meaning of ARTPOP

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Quasi

Does anyone know if the huge sun ray lighting effect behind her when she was hanging was part of the screen or was it an actual lighting effect? The way it expanded and shined through in the background was incredible and would be even more so if it was practical. 

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

theARTVampire

Does anyone know if the huge sun ray lighting effect behind her when she was hanging was part of the screen or was it an actual lighting effect? The way it expanded and shined through in the background was incredible and would be even more so if it was practical. 

I'm sure it's a Light-Ray effect animation on the screen.

Barbados

I'm sure it's a Light-Ray effect animation on the screen.

um no, its the lights behind the stage

youtube.com/watch?v=BR5ZKUKVSEI delete the <wbr> bit

I can't remember (this was many years ago) but I read somewhere that the "We are not just art for Michelango to carve" line in Bloody Mary was a reference to the La Pieta statue. So if she was aware of this statue before, then maybe her making the gesture was intentional.  

Quasi

um no, its the lights behind the stage

Can you confirm this? Sometimes it looks practical and sometimes it looks like it's just the screen. I'm so conflicted. :saladga:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Archived