šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Did the Applause VMA performance lack substance?

OohLaLaGaGa

Featured Posts

OohLaLaGaGa

I felt like she focused the performance too much on costume changes instead of making a cohesive, incredible performance that told a story. It started off very strong and then it became a costume show instead of telling a story with dramatics and cool effects. I didn't like it. It had the potential to be iconic but it was just focused too much on changing costumes... And the set could have been better.

Bebe

Not at all, It's an interesting performance with multiple layers that is often overlooked or underrated by this fanbase. The 'costume changes' were part of a cohesive 'storyline' and part of the overarching theme of theĀ performance.

PartySick

Well lets not forget what scumbag MTV did to her original concept.Ā 

Inform me, sis :ohno:Ā 

I thought it was pretty good. It was a little messy by Gaga's standards, but it wiped the floor with everyone else that night :yes:Ā 

šŸ–¤

DiscoHeaven23

I thought it was good, thoughĀ I see what your saying about the custome thing. I mean it was only her fifth year of fame, the reflection on her career using custome changes didn't have to be a thing. But hey, it was better than 2011's performance.Ā 

andy232000

I felt like she focused the performance too much on costume changes instead of making a cohesive, incredible performance that told a story. It started off very strong and then it became a costume show instead of telling a story with dramatics and cool effects. I didn't like it. It had the potential to be iconic but it was just focused too much on changing costumes... And the set could have been better.

thats becaue her `perfomance wasnt her original concept. the real performance concept was super dark and gory and blood filled but MTV censured her out and told her to change her performance. her layout for her original concept leaked about a year ago. this saddens me considering Miley didnt got censure out for grinding and s-xing thing but gaga did for having a torture scene on her performance. read her original performance here:Ā http://gagamedia.net/?p=17909

Dunk96

The lack of substance was because MTV threw out the original concept because they didn't want Gaga stealing Miley's spotlight.

mariomania1234

Inform me, sis :ohno:Ā 

I thought it was pretty good. It was a little messy by Gaga's standards, but it wiped the floor with everyone else that night :yes:Ā 

It's all laid out here. It's a pretty good read.

http://gagamedia.net/?p=17909Ā 

The basically didn't want Gaga to overshadow Miley. I still think GagaĀ hadĀ the better performance regardless.

Bebe

thats becaue her `perfomance wasnt her original concept. the real performance concept was super dark and gory and blood filled but MTV censured her out and told her to change her performance. her layout for her original concept leaked about a year ago

I'm pretty sure that's not true. From memory Gaga wanted multiple dopplegangers to walk the red carpet in many of her iconic looks. She said so herself.
I don't know where the gore part is coming fromĀ 
:duck:

JEWRJEWR

I thought it was good, thoughĀ I see what your saying about the custome thing. I mean it was only her fifth year of fame, the reflection on her career using custome changes didn't have to be a thing. But hey, it was better than 2011's performance.Ā 

ha! no.

Fear, she's the mother of violence

PartySick

It's all laid out here. It's a pretty good read.

http://gagamedia.net/?p=17909Ā 

The basically didn't want Gaga to overshadow Miley. I still think GagaĀ hadĀ the better performance regardless.

Holy god :omg:Ā That sounds amazing :omg:Ā 

šŸ–¤

andy232000

I'm pretty sure that's not true. From memory Gaga wanted multiple dopplegangers to walk the red carpet in many of her iconic looks. She said so herself.I don't know where the gore part is coming fromĀ :duck:

some of her original concept were kept. read her original plan,. the white garden and other ideas did get accepted. i just used gory as an adjective, not that theres any gore it lol, sorry about that

i still prefer it over MIley's twerking

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Archived