💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Did Boney M actually help Gaga to get her biggest hits?

Kate Bush

Featured Posts

Kate Bush

Bad Romance and Poker Face both of them are of one the most successful songs ever released..

and of course the catchiest part in these songs which everyone knows were the "Mum mum mum mah" "Ra ra ra rah" and both of them are a "Boney M" references 

Mum mum mum mah part is from Boney M's "Ma Baker" and Ra ra rah is from "Rasputin"

so should Gaga add some Boney M reference to her next single to make it a hit? :lolly:

gagzus

who knows but i know technically neither were "samples" as RedOne did the Muh muh muh mah's & obviously Gaga sang the Rah Rah's.

But stuttering has been in pop songs for a while now anyway tbh

barcodemonster

Boney M for excecutive producer of LG5 please 

:pray: 

scan my barcode

TBH it's a reach. Just because a syllable is repeated dosen't mean it was taken from or sampled from another song. I love Boney M and Rasputin, but the ra rahs aren't similar at all. 

Kate Bush

who knows but i know technically neither were "samples" as RedOne did the Muh muh muh mah's & obviously Gaga sang the Rah Rah's.

But stuttering has been in pop songs for a while now anyway tbh

Gaga been always inspired by 70's/80's music so I think she wanted to do that 

gagzus

Gaga been always inspired by 70's/80's music so I think she wanted to do that 

yeah true but i always thought the Rah Rah's were there for two reasons besides being catchy;

1) I thought it was to imitate the slightly chop & skrew/stutter effect industrial pop music has sometimes 

2) In reference to a monsters "roar" aka "rarwr" = Rah 

Ferrer Zorola

Mess I thought this is about Bonnie Mckee

I know right ?? 

LIFE IS GOOD

Schwerk

yeah true but i always thought the Rah Rah's were there for two reasons besides being catchy;

1) I thought it was to imitate the slightly chop & skrew/stutter effect industrial pop music has sometimes 

2) In reference to a monsters "roar" aka "rarwr" = Rah 

I think it also refers to her own style of singing when she's behind a piano. When she improvs accapella she tends to scat a bit with her voice. Might be her jazz background creeping in.

I dont think Monsters were 'born' yet when Gaga wrote Bad Romance. The song itself and the choreography triggered her to call us by that name.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Schwerk

TBH it's a reach. Just because a syllable is repeated dosen't mean it was taken from or sampled from another song. I love Boney M and Rasputin, but the ra rahs aren't similar at all. 

On Rasputin I agree but Pokerface could've sampled Ma Baker, that's how similar it is. That Mah mah mah mah was iconic way before Gaga came around and she was a clever cookie using it in her song in her way. Seeing how heavily influenced her early work is by disco, it wouldn't suprice me if she's listened to Boney M quite a bit.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Miker

Bad Romance and Poker Face both of them are of one the most successful songs ever released..

and of course the catchiest part in these songs which everyone knows were the "Mum mum mum mah" "Ra ra ra rah" and both of them are a "Boney M" references 

Mum mum mum mah part is from Boney M's "Ma Baker" and Ra ra rah is from "Rasputin"

so should Gaga add some Boney M reference to her next single to make it a hit? :lolly:

Boney M are a good group and their music is difficult to escape. It surprises me that you have made this connection in relationship to Lady Gaga and her greatest hits. Well done!

Mars..........or bust!

Kate Bush

Boney M are a good group and their music is difficult to escape. It surprises me that you have made this connection in relationship to Lady Gaga and her greatest hits. Well done!

I am a HUGE fan of them. I grew up listening to 70's/80's music like ABBA, Boney M, Kate Bush, Bowie, Fleetwood Mac, Queen, Blondie, MJ...etc. Thanks to my parents :hug:

Thank you for your comment :hug:

Archived